Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,493   Posts: 187,444   Members: 6,454   Active Members: 329
Welcome to our newest member, bored_and_agitated.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Wish List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw that, yes! So far Constellation isn't given as an option on the product page, but fingers crossed they will add Constellation later on. Else I guess I'll have to make do with dark blue, oh no.

Comment

It would be really cool to have a larger (in all dimensions) version of the Maker's bag. I love the wall zip, the front zip, the single buckle, and the myriad of pockets that it has, but the flap doesn't quite cover the main compartment, the bag doesn't really stand on its own without fussing it about, and my main issue, it's just a bit too small for me! If it could only be a few inches bigger in each direction.

Comment

Welcome to the forums @petco130,

This doesn’t answer your request for larger size, but there’s a way to ensure that the flap covers the bag by using an 8” keystrap hooked across the o-rings on either end of the bag — a hack that originally proposed by tpnl, but which you can see in the 4th photo of @Perseffect’s 11-02-2019 Travel with a Makers Bag thread:
        https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...h-a-makers-bag

You may also note that his Burnt Orange 1050d Ballistic Nylon Maker’s Bag stands up fairly well. That’s partly because the original Maker’s Bags were made with the heavier and stiffer 1050d Ballistic Nylon and present production uses the lighter and more pliable 525d Ballistic Nylon. See the Materials page for more details.

In any case, I hope you’re enjoying your Maker’s Bag. I notice that some versions have been disappointing in today’s Maker’s Bag restock.

moriond

Comment

Thanks! Happy to be here!

Originally posted by moriond View Post
          Welcome to the forums @petco130,

This doesn’t answer your request for larger size, but there’s a way to ensure that the flap covers the bag by using an 8” keystrap hooked across the o-rings on either end of the bag — a hack that originally proposed by tpnl, but which you can see in the 4th photo of @Perseffect’s 11-02-2019 Travel with a Makers Bag thread:
          https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...h-a-makers-bag

<snip>
          Cool! Thanks for that, I did not see that before somehow. Will have to remember to do that.

Unfortunately, I have the standing complaint even with the older, 1050d codura model; my concept of standing probably requires significantly stiffer (and more massive, as a result) material since the bag still can flop over with the bottom hitting the ground fairly flatly, and the bag folds in on itself a bit when you put it down. However, I also understand that it's not really reasonable to expect a design that would probably fit TB's designers' principles while also doing all these things; just a gripe I have, I suppose. I do really wish it could have been larger though!

Comment

I want either a Maker's Bag in aphraviolet, or to have the Large Cafe Bag come back, also in aphraviolet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyrixx View Post
              I want either a Maker's Bag in aphraviolet, or to have the Large Cafe Bag come back, also in aphraviolet.
              You might want to check with Customer Support, but I think they probably don’t have enough Alphaviolet left to do a run of the Large Cafe Bag. The Large Cafe Bag was retired by early August 2017, and it was never made in any of the 525d Ballistic materials that were just starting to be used for the Small and Medium Cafe Bags (that was asked about in the forums, but it was a firm decision given the production schedule of new products). You can read the Summer 2017 Debut Guide blog to see the timetable for introducing the new 525d Ballistic Nylon Materials, with it showing up first for the original, smaller version of the Luminary (picture of the Luminary in Alphaviolet), and then with small and medium Cafe bags

https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/s...17-debut-guide

Alphaviolet/Viridian was one of the debut Cafe Bag color combinations, and I also saw the Side Kick in these colors. The Pop Tote was made in Alphaviolet , but the Maker’s Bag, which was more gender neutral, never used Alphaviolet. Alphaviolet/Cloud Cafe Bags were also made in 2018. However, on the original material rotation schedule, Alphaviolet was supposed to be retired by early 2020.(This was all pre-CoVid-19 interruptions).
              Originally posted by Darcy View Post
              10/30/2018 Updates

Aether
              Added new colors Island and Northwest Sky

Halcyon 400 Denier
              Nordic (retiring mid-2019)
              Original (retiring late 2019)

210 Denier HT Ballistic Nylon
              Grass (retiring by late 2019)
              Viridian (retiring by mid-2019)
              Added Island
              Added Dawn (everyone agrees it retired too early, so we've decided to bring it back!)

525 Denier HT Ballistic Nylon
              Alphaviolet (retiring by early 2020)
              Added Nebulous Grey
              i haven’t seen any large bags in production in Alphaviolet for a while, but I’m guessing that you could find/swap the smaller size Cafe Bag in Alphaviolet, along with other small accessories.

HTH,

moriond

ETA: Oops, I see that you have the Medium Cafe Bag in Alphaviolet/Viridian.. Apart from the Pop Tote, they did make the Truck (and later the Pick-Up Truck) in Alphaviolet at the beginning of July 24, 2018. See the blog Pre-Order, The Truck, Zip-Top Shop Bags, Original Small Shop Bag

https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/debutjuly2018

Last edited by moriond; 04-16-2021, 09:00 PM.

Comment

It makes me sad that they retired that colour. It's the exact perfect shade of purple for me. (It also matches several articles of my clothing)

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyrixx View Post
                  It makes me sad that they retired that colour. It's the exact perfect shade of purple for me. (It also matches several articles of my clothing)
                  I don’t know that Alphaviolet is officially retired — the pace of everything slowed down with the hiatus due to CoVid-19. Viridian was slated to retire first, and I still see small accessories like the Cubelet and 3D(Clear)Organizer Cubes (relatively recently, but not now when I just checked) in production for that color, and for Alphaviolet they took preorders for the Pick-Up truck at the end of February and show it in production for the Clear Organizer Wallet. I just don’t think they have a lot of this left, since I haven’t seen many larger sized bags and accessories made in Alphaviolet for a while.

You’re on Ravelry, and Alphaviolet is pretty popular there, so you can also ask questions there about products that were made or the possibility of doing trades. I’ve also heard some people there make a similar comment about realizing that the color combination works well with their clothing.

Hope you can find other items you might like. And, by the way, I really like your new avatar.

moriond

Comment

I would like a white grid Taiga 400d as an exterior fabric.

Comment

Originally posted by Lartymarf View Post
                      Is anyone aware of any discussion/requests regarding updating the Aeronaut 30/45 with the newer Edgeless shoulder straps that are on the Synik/Paragon?

I've heard lots of great things about the new Edgeless shoulder straps, and thought with the heavier weight load typically seen in the Aeronaut family could benefit from the more cushioned and thicker Edgeless straps.

Thanks!!
                      Big wishlist item for me too, besides being able to also unzip the shoulder straps, Trinity-style.

Not sure if the Edgeless shoulder straps would take up more space, but in my mind it would totally be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by carrot View Post
                        Big wishlist item for me too, besides being able to also unzip the shoulder straps, Trinity-style. Not sure if the Edgeless shoulder straps would take up more space, but in my mind it would totally be worth it.
                        Another vote for the edgeless to make their way to all of the bags with hidden shoulder straps ... I'd also love it if they widened the attach points even 1/2 inch as they're pretty close together, especially for a big bag like the A45 as the straps being so close together cuts into your muscles with heavy loads.

Seeking Verde Aeronauts

Comment

I'd like to see the Daylight Briefcase in the next restock in Logic 630 and in Taiga
                          Last edited by G42; 05-01-2021, 01:35 PM.
                          I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

I’d love to have a Taiga A30 with edgeless straps.

Comment

Would love some of these new brighter colors on (or in) the L15. And I'd kill for a seapine green/cloud version.

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post
                                I'd like to see the Daylight Briefcase in the next restock in Logic 630 and in Taiga
                                and in Original Halcyon!

Comment

Working...
                                X