Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,587   Posts: 188,431   Members: 6,565   Active Members: 323
Welcome to our newest member, Jade877792.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Wish List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be cool if we had a type of Freudian slip that could be enclosed for when you want to take it outside of a main bag (further than just to your desk)... maybe a zipper around three sides so that it could be closed like a FJN but when opened, could fold in half completely (and even be zipped that way so it doesn't flop around) so that the organization is on both sides like with the FS.

ETA: the other implication being that it's more rigid like a FS than a HLT
    Last edited by G42; 08-05-2021, 10:19 AM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

I wish they would increase the height of the Sidekick by a half inch or so, so I could carry a 10.5 or 11 inch ipad in it.

Comment

As I get ready to start traveling again, here are a few things I would like to add to my travel gear:
        • The Freudian Slip for Tri-Star/Western Flyer in Wilderness, Constellation, Veridian, Mayura, Navy, Deep Blue, Aubergine, or Mars Red, or in the recycled Logic Blue or Seapine Green,
        • The Packing Cube Backpack, in Tidal, Ultraviolet, Viridian, Sitka, Acuity or Night Walk,
        • Tri-Star Packing Cubes NOT in mesh, so that dirt is either kept in or out,
        • Organizer pouches in bright mesh colors (black objects get lost against black mesh, and I'm not a fan of Coyote), and
        • Organizer bags with loops that work with annex clips and fit in the middle compartment of the Tri-Star (or any other bag that has/had annex clips).
        While we're sharing wishlists, I'd also love to see a Synapse-25-like backpack with daisy chains on the back, for attaching wet shoes or other gear with carabiners or bungees, side water bottle holders thxat I can easily access without taking the bag off, a hydration port in the main compartment (for those times when I'm carrying a hydration pack instead of a laptop), and a stowable hip belt with some padding and zipped pockets for holding a phone and/or snacks.

Comment

Welcome to the Forums Aventurera
          I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Thank you G42!

Comment

I would live the Yeoman pre order to come sooner than later. I need a medium in coyote or the beaver camo. Also the great paragon pack in Beaver/Coyote mix would be sweet.
              Last edited by Tarheel55; 08-11-2021, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Love to see more seapine.

Also, thought about Nik's Wallet #4...loop and outside pocket and inside clear pocket included. BUT a wallet without the other side. This would make it thinner and lighter for use as a TB ID holder. Alternatively, bring back the pouches with the urethane window in wallet size or small. The urethane works for our building ID card readers which are needed for outside and interior doors.

Proud owner: Aeronaut45 Navy/Wasabi; Synapse 19 Navy/Ultraviolet; Market Navy/Navy; Makers Navy/Wasabi; Pilot Navy/Solar; Co-Pilot Navy/Solar; Side-Effect Navy/Solar; Side-Effect Black/Wasabi; Snake Charmer Sapphire; Tool Wraps Wasabi and Steel; Yarn Sacks S, M, L Solar, and other colors; Travel Sacks Sz1-4 in Solar, and other colors; plus many many pouches incl. Solar, Navy, and Steel; Key Straps of many colors incl. Solar

Comment

Originally posted by ablakey View Post
                  Love to see more seapine.
                  Agreed! Really wish it was in some of these new bags coming out.

Comment

A couple helpful members told me this is the place to put in a request for a color combo, so...

I'd really like to see a Synapse 25 in Wilderness outer/Cloud inner. Wilderness seems to mainly be paired with Coyote on a lot of products, but I've seen the Wilderness/Cloud combo on some other packs, and I like the neutral interior of the gray a bit more than the golden interior Coyote gives.

Comment

I'd love to see a larger version of the Paradigm, sized to fit a 14-15" laptop in the sleeve. I would **love** that 3D front pocket on a work EDC bag! That organization is just perfect for so many things...sunglasses case, travel coffee mug, small water bottle, travel umbrella, laptop power brick....
                      SG23 is my walk/bike commuter bag

Comment

Originally posted by epeterson View Post
                        I'd love to see a larger version of the Paradigm, sized to fit a 14-15" laptop in the sleeve. I would **love** that 3D front pocket on a work EDC bag! That organization is just perfect for so many things...sunglasses case, travel coffee mug, small water bottle, travel umbrella, laptop power brick....
                        +1, but if they do go bigger I would probably need the regular edgeless straps and a waist belt. (Bad back and all).

Comment

Originally posted by ayazgood View Post
                          I wish they would increase the height of the Sidekick by a half inch or so, so I could carry a 10.5 or 11 inch ipad in it.
                          OOOO - that would be nice! I LOVE my Sidekick and my iPad just barely fits!

Comment

A version of the Zietgeist that’s more modernized: exposed main zipper, no contrast color around the front pocket zipper, standard logo.

Comment

What about an HLT 3, sized to fit an A5 journal? Or some sort of similar organizer pack that will fit an A5 and have slots for pens, lip balm and a few other odds-and-ends?

Right now the only non tote or shoulder bag I'm seeing that will fit my A5 journal is the Ghost Whale, but there are not organizer pockets on the inside so I would fill it with a couple of smaller Ghost Whales to hold other things. I'm thinking I can sew an o-ring or two inside an A5 Ghost Whale, to clip the smaller ones to. It's not ideal but it would work.

A5s are popular among the bullet journal crowd. I know I'm not the only one who carries mine, with at least one pen, everywhere I go.

Comment

Originally posted by Aventurera View Post
                                What about an HLT 3, sized to fit an A5 journal? Or some sort of similar organizer pack that will fit an A5 and have slots for pens, lip balm and a few other odds-and-ends?

Right now the only non tote or shoulder bag I'm seeing that will fit my A5 journal is the Ghost Whale, but there are not organizer pockets on the inside so I would fill it with a couple of smaller Ghost Whales to hold other things. I'm thinking I can sew an o-ring or two inside an A5 Ghost Whale, to clip the smaller ones to. It's not ideal but it would work.

A5s are popular among the bullet journal crowd. I know I'm not the only one who carries mine, with at least one pen, everywhere I go.
                                I'd love to see something like the Field Journal Notebook, except instead of the binder rings, has slip pockets for an A5 (for both book-style and flip-pad style orientations).
                                SG23 is my walk/bike commuter bag

Comment

Working...
                                X