Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,583   Posts: 188,378   Members: 6,554   Active Members: 308
Welcome to our newest member, Lucienk.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Wish List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loma View Post
    A version of the Zietgeist that’s more modernized: exposed main zipper, no contrast color around the front pocket zipper, standard logo.
    Actually, I'd love to see the all-black label on a Night Walk/Black Zeitgeist.

Comment

I Wish There Was a Way to Add Things to Our Wish Lists!

With the updates to the website, I can't seem to find the button to add items to my Wish List. Am I just not seeing it, or did it really disappear???
      On an Epic Quest for the Perfect Bag...

One Bag to rule them all, One Bag to find them,
      One Bag to carry them all and in the aircraft bind them...

Comment

Originally posted by Sacharissa View Post
        I Wish There Was a Way to Add Things to Our Wish Lists!

With the updates to the website, I can't seem to find the button to add items to my Wish List. Am I just not seeing it, or did it really disappear???
        Sacharissa You can just click on the little heart to the left of the item name. I'm mousing over it in this screenshot so you can see the preview text, but unfortunately my cursor doesn't show up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	add to wishlist.png
Views:	538
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	335491
        SG23 is my walk/bike commuter bag

Comment

epeterson THANKS! I figured it was probably really easy, and I was just missing it. Just getting ready for this week's Pre-order, and next week's Restock!! ​​​​​
          On an Epic Quest for the Perfect Bag...

One Bag to rule them all, One Bag to find them,
          One Bag to carry them all and in the aircraft bind them...

Comment

I'd love to see the return of the Citizen Canine and its extra pouches, preferably in Wilderness and Ursa
            Black/Island Synapse 19, Black/Steel, 13" Ristretto, Indigo BB, Island LSB, Black SSB, Sitka SSB, Seapine P.I.K.A, Sitka STT, Sitka SSC

Comment

Originally posted by epeterson View Post

I'd love to see something like the Field Journal Notebook, except instead of the binder rings, has slip pockets for an A5 (for both book-style and flip-pad style orientations).
              This sounds ideal!

You could even partner with Leuchtturm1917 or Moleskine for a special Tom Bihn edition journal.

Comment

Would love some new zipper cord pulls to match the new colors that have come out

(I’ve tried ordering various colors online but it’s really difficult to pick a good match based on a picture).

Comment

Paradigm in olive cordura would be awesome. Coyote cordura would be even better.

Comment

Paradigm in OG halcyon with wasabi interior!

Comment

Throughout the summer we've been putting multiple MTs to heavy use for road tripping up & down the west coast and all the outings that entails ... my wife was an initial MT skeptic - and rarely moves off of these positions - but this time, with the MT, she changed her mind to MTs-are-invaluable!

Along this transition from skeptic to believer, much analysis was done and we both came to the conclusion that TB is missing a HUGE opportunity with MTs & trucks ...

This post somewhat gets to the missing use-case:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQryorurEPs/

Many times as you're moving about you buy vendor drinks you want to carry with you: coffee, tea, smoothie, milkshakes, etc.

But you run into a dilemma: how do you carry more than one drink if the other hand is carrying a bag like the MT??? Or you volunteered to get drinks for everyone, but now you have to carry 6 drinks and those crappy disposable paperboard carriers require 100% full attention and might buckle anyway ...

I thought of the separator in the Luminary & the new backpacks ... it'd be genius is TB added such an option to the MT!! The ability to turn the center section of the MT/T into a drink carrier!

Or even a separate TB bag specifically designed as a drink carrier ... it's a massive use-case that AFAIK, nobody has addressed ...

The only option we've come up with is to get one of those disposable paperboard carriers and try to re-use it, but they break down pretty fast.

So that's the wish: a drink carrier separators for the MT/T and/or a specific bag designed to be a 4 or 6 drink carrier.
                      Last edited by GrussGott; 08-26-2021, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Do you have a TB Pickup Truck? I think it would work very nicely as a drink carrier. As a bonus it fits in the center of the MT or can be carried separately. Unfortunately it is retired.
                        Last edited by kjquilts; 08-26-2021, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kjquilts View Post
                          Do you have a TB Pickup Truck? I think it would work very nicely as a drink carrier. As a bonus it fits in the center of the MT or can be carried separately. Unfortunately it is retired.
                          No, but that doesn't have anything to actually hold drinks (maybe the end pockets but the center seems too big) - I'm talking about something more like this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	drinkcarrier.png Views:	0 Size:	336.4 KB ID:	335693

And in the Luminary, TB already has a kind-of solution:

Click image for larger version  Name:	TomBihn-Luminary15Backpack-14.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.4 KB ID:	335694

If TB were to put 2 or 3 of these in the MT / T / Trucksana, then you'd have built in drink carriers ... or maybe TB makes their version of the bag above.

A TB drink carrier would be awesome!
                          Last edited by GrussGott; 08-26-2021, 09:56 PM.

Comment

I am finding myself moving around with a large organizer pouch as my "briefcase" with tablet, clipboard, pen, and sometimes phone and wallet carry as a DLBC is too large for my need. I wish for something to allow a more organized or minimalist carry that is simple and versatile.

Mentioned before, would still like a TB insulated shop bag. I continue to find myself using others lacking TB quality. Again, insulated for couple hours,not days.

Large organizer pouches back in stock unless a replacement design is near. They work great for on the go file organizers and storage. If replacement design is more paper friendly (zippers and loose paper isn't perfect combo) that would be great and could fit with above wish above.

Comment

Originally posted by GrussGott View Post
                              Throughout the summer we've been putting multiple MTs to heavy use for road tripping up & down the west coast and all the outings that entails ... my wife was an initial MT skeptic - and rarely moves off of these positions - but this time, with the MT, she changed her mind to MTs-are-invaluable!

Along this transition from skeptic to believer, much analysis was done and we both came to the conclusion that TB is missing a HUGE opportunity with MTs & trucks ...

This post somewhat gets to the missing use-case:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQryorurEPs/

Many times as you're moving about you buy vendor drinks you want to carry with you: coffee, tea, smoothie, milkshakes, etc.

But you run into a dilemma: how do you carry more than one drink if the other hand is carrying a bag like the MT??? Or you volunteered to get drinks for everyone, but now you have to carry 6 drinks and those crappy disposable paperboard carriers require 100% full attention and might buckle anyway ...

I thought of the separator in the Luminary & the new backpacks ... it'd be genius is TB added such an option to the MT!! The ability to turn the center section of the MT/T into a drink carrier!

Or even a separate TB bag specifically designed as a drink carrier ... it's a massive use-case that AFAIK, nobody has addressed ...

The only option we've come up with is to get one of those disposable paperboard carriers and try to re-use it, but they break down pretty fast.

So that's the wish: a drink carrier separators for the MT/T and/or a specific bag designed to be a 4 or 6 drink carrier.
                              There's actually an (accidental) sneak peek of the first Truck drink carrier in the Techonaut FAQ post
                              https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/techonaut-faq

We expect it'll debut later this year, possibly on the Monday after Thanksgiving.

It's for a pretty specific beverage, though additional future versions are definitely a possibility!
                              Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                                It's for a pretty specific beverage, though additional future versions are definitely a possibility!
                                Boy oh boy - a coffee & Tea version of the Truck would be stellar! For now we've jimmied up this for the MT:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MTdrinks.png
Views:	322
Size:	488.6 KB
ID:	335710

Obviously not the most stable solution

My notional setup would be to have the interior of the center compartment lined with 4-8 (or 10?!) pockets of the mesh material that lines the back of Synapse/Synik front pockets with the magnets from the Hip Belt pocket ... if they were also a little stretchy on top that'd make them perfect to stay out of the way normally, but easy to stuff with things when needed including coffees!

In any event, whatever the solution, it'll be hugely useful!

Comment

Working...
                                X