Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,892   Posts: 192,226   Members: 6,767   Active Members: 367
Welcome to our newest member, TowelSea92.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Wish List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love a medium Ghost Whale Organizer pouch. The small is too long and narrow, and the A-5 is too big. Something around 7x5 would be just right... something about the size of your other small organizer pouches or a little larger would be the Goldilocks size.
    Last edited by kiwi; 01-09-2022, 04:10 PM.

Comment

An 8 to 10 liter cross body sling pack with a minimum amount of organization

Comment

I've been searching for a new, lightweight, versatile camera bag for a few months now. And it occurred to me this weekend that the Maker's Bag is almost perfect, except that it's too large for holding just a small dSLR and a couple lenses. So now my wish list is for a Mini Maker's Bag, something about 1/2 to 2/3 the size of the regular Maker's Bag would be awesome. All the organization, perfect cross-body carrying and balance, and just not quite as large. A girl can dream!

(Even with an insert, the full-size Maker's Bag collapses at the ends just a little bit too much for rainy Seattle weather when not fully packed.)
        Rambling On. . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Meglet View Post
          I've been searching for a new, lightweight, versatile camera bag for a few months now. And it occurred to me this weekend that the Maker's Bag is almost perfect, except that it's too large for holding just a small dSLR and a couple lenses. So now my wish list is for a Mini Maker's Bag, something about 1/2 to 2/3 the size of the regular Maker's Bag would be awesome. All the organization, perfect cross-body carrying and balance, and just not quite as large. A girl can dream!

(Even with an insert, the full-size Maker's Bag collapses at the ends just a little bit too much for rainy Seattle weather when not fully packed.)
          Maybe if they do another run of the large cafe bags, that would be an option for ya (or if you find one on eBay).

Though the simplest option would be to just get a bigger camera (kidding)

Comment

Originally posted by Surrealle View Post

Maybe if they do another run of the large cafe bags, that would be an option for ya (or if you find one on eBay).

Though the simplest option would be to just get a bigger camera (kidding)
            The Large Cafe Bag is way too vertically deep for this use, though. For a walk-around camera bag it needs to be horizontal enough that all the gear is in a single layer and easily reachable.

I am going to try a Medium Cafe Bag, it looks about the right size (compared to my Small Cafe Bag being too small and the Maker’s Bag too large) and hope it isn’t also too vertical.

Otherwise I might just have to pop over to the factory with some snacks of encouragement for a new design.

(Sadly, I had to downsize to my current camera from my previous dSLR, due to chronic pain issues I can’t carry the weight of a full size camera and lenses any more. Booo!)
            Rambling On. . . . .

Comment

The DLBC might work. Also, the Pilot or Co-Pilot might be worth considering. If you head for the factory (are they open???), maybe you can lobby for the return of the Imago.

Comment

I have a DLBC, and it’s still a bit large. I could make it work, just like I can probably make the Medium Cafe Bag work or maybe make the Maker’s Bag work. But the point of the thread is a wish list, and my wish list item is a Mini Maker’s Bag about 2/3 the size of the current one, with the excellent internal organization and wonderful hip-hugging cross-body carry.
                Rambling On. . . . .

Comment

Would love the option of having hip belt loops attached to the PCSB. It’s strange that this very versatile bag doesn’t come with the attachment points… has anyone had a tailor add loops onto a bag to attach a hip belt?
                  Synik 22, Truck, Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC HLT2, Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Comment

Not sure if this has been wished for, but I would love a TB wine bag. Maybe something that could also fit in to the Truck or Shop Bags. I work at a winery in California and I would love to buy them to reduce the ones given out at wineries and as gift.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing one more run of Citizen Canine. None of the treat bags I've tried really work for my particular purposes.

Comment

My dream backpack:

Two sizes, in the range of:
                        23-25 liter
                        27-32 liter

Important thing I believe is the smallest size should still be able to hold a 15/16 inch MacBook.
                        1. Start with the Synik
                        2. Keep the front of pack almost the exact same
                        3. Move the logo to the bottom middle of the pack
                        4. Add an interior mesh zipper compartment to the bottom middle pocket, or maybe an elastic divider to one of the walls
                        5. Make a dedicated laptop compartment as the compartment up against your back. Top down access. Side access isn’t a must, but would be nice
                        6. In the new laptop compartment have a separator to store say a tablet in one area and laptop in another
                        7. In the main compartment, move the elastic divider from the lid side to back side
                        8. On the lid side, add one zippered (non mesh) and one zippered mesh compartment
                        9. Name suggestion: Technik. Its basically a Synik but it puts more of a technical focus on the pack
                        10. $349-$399

Comment

Welcome to the Forums pfd805 !
                          I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by pfd805 View Post
                            My dream backpack:[*]In the main compartment, move the elastic divider from the lid side to back side[*]On the lid side, add one zippered (non mesh) and one zippered mesh compartment[/LIST]
                            This is one of those things I've always wondered about. Most backpacks with half-height elastic dividers have them against the back side, often (and especially) in backpacks that don't have a dedicated laptop compartment, so the slot can be used to hold a laptop more securely (I'll often use that kind of space to hold a book or two snugly). Having it on the front wall of the main compartment always seemed a bit weird to me. At first, I wondered if it was placed there to take the laptop cache system into account, but I think the laptop cache "sliding" system was developed a couple years after the Synapse's design was already complete. Using the laptop cache system would definitely interfere with access to any kind of pocket or divider that sat against the back.

A backpack I used for work for years had two open-top mesh pockets side by side on the front wall of the main compartment, and that made it a nice dump for smaller things, like a pair of wired earbuds, a charging cable you want to be able to grab without getting into your tech pouch, or a Cliff bar for when hunger strikes. Larger stuff, like paperwork, folders, travel itineraries, and the like went well in the elastic divider "pocket" on the back wall of the main compartment because they stayed pretty straight and unbent, being up against the back as they were.

Comment

I would love to see Tom Bihn make a tech pouch. The HLTs are ok for organizing small bits and bobs, but there is almost too much organization. Plus there is no padding.

The Side Kick could easily be adapted so that it could function as a tech pouch. It is already big enough to hold a Kindle or an iPad Mini for those of us who do not need a full size tablet or laptop. And it is small enough to fit in a seatback pocket or to hang from a seatback pocket. All it really needs is a bit of padding and maybe a soft internal liner to protect screens. If the bottom could be made stiff enough to stand upright on a desk that would be even better. And as opposed to many other tech pouches it could double as a waist pack or sling.

Comment

Originally posted by Ceres View Post
                                The Side Kick could easily be adapted so that it could function as a tech pouch.
                                That's exactly what I'm using one for now. Don't need padding (a little bit wouldn't hurt, but bulk makes it harder to fit in some places) because my Kindle is in Amazon's case and iPad mini is in Apple's folio. It currently sits on the bottom of my Synik 22's main compartment but can go sideways into the big pocket if I need the space for something else.

Comment

Working...
                                X