Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,815   Posts: 191,186   Members: 6,708   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, Rangerjo.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Wish List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ceres View Post
    I would love to see Tom Bihn make a tech pouch. The HLTs are ok for organizing small bits and bobs, but there is almost too much organization. Plus there is no padding.

The Side Kick could easily be adapted so that it could function as a tech pouch. It is already big enough to hold a Kindle or an iPad Mini for those of us who do not need a full size tablet or laptop. And it is small enough to fit in a seatback pocket or to hang from a seatback pocket. All it really needs is a bit of padding and maybe a soft internal liner to protect screens. If the bottom could be made stiff enough to stand upright on a desk that would be even better. And as opposed to many other tech pouches it could double as a waist pack or sling.
    +1 and make it a 1/2 inch longer and taller to allow it to fit an 11 inch ipad.

Comment

A cross body pop tote (in halcyon.) I just need two attachment points, so I can add a cross-body strap (like the current PCSB has.) While I love my shop bags/tote bags, they don't want to stay on my shoulder. I find myself holding on to the straps (with my hand holding on at my shoulder.) Cross body would make the pop tote (or shop bags) much more multi-functional in terms of use.

Comment

*A comment in the recent Brain Bag Blog post by "Allen" asked about a Freudian Slip with the other side being a cache. I can't think of a more logical solution that I want.

*A Design Labs version of Cadet with a laptop sleeve like Paragon/Paradigm/Zeitgeist as it already has 5 sides of foam padding so a hideaway sleeve would make sense and save lots of space over a cache.

*A PCSB with a side pocket to slide in an 8–10-inch tablet or a PCSB Freudian Slip for some organization and structure for carry

*A mini Freudian Slip for 3-4 pens or stylus. Easy to move bag to bag and use on bags without pen loops. Alternately a micro Freudian Slip for minimalization

Comment

Guide’s Edition Synik without the Coyote color please.

I’m a fan of the diamond to place a lash, and the extra straps at the bottom, but would like a 1050D black that can look at home in the boardroom.
          — Follower of TB bags since the early 2010s.
          — Finally got a Techonaut 30 and 45 (Black 525d/Island 200d) in 2022.
          — Waiting for a Synik 22 in Black 400d + one of the blue inners in 200d. Praying the Synik 30 Guide’s Edition in Deep Blue/Coyote returns.

Comment

Originally posted by kz_adventures View Post
            Guide’s Edition Synik without the Coyote color please.

I’m a fan of the diamond to place a lash, and the extra straps at the bottom, but would like a 1050D black that can look at home in the boardroom.
            Welcome to the Forums!

This is a wish list, so all good... but last we heard from TB, the diamond patches only came in coyote...
            I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

A couple of times a week, I find myself wishing for a thoroughly washable Tom Bihn bag.

This is most often when I head to or from my vegetable garden, which is a few blocks from my house (imagine a community garden situation, though slightly different). I may be carrying hand tools, already-used-once seed packets, bulbs, little potted plants, harvested produce, etc., etc. They may all be dirty in diferent ways. I don't want to carry tomatoes around on Friday exposed to the dirt that fell off when I carried my bulb auger in on Monday.

It would be fabulous if I could turn the relevant bag inside out and wash it in the washing machine--maybe a few times a week.

Similarly, it would be cool to be able to be less cautious about what I stuff in a bag while I'm at the farmer's market. If I get on a plane again, and stuff my in-flight bag under the seat in front of me, I'd similarly like to wash it. And now and then, in the past, there have been "Eeaugh, the chicken dripped..." situations after returning from the grocery.

Of course, I have washable bags. But they're just plain reusable grocery bags. No features. No pockets. No dividers.

Does anybody else crave a Tom Bihn bag that they could machine wash over and over and over and over?

Comment

Originally posted by Poultry View Post
                Does anybody else crave a Tom Bihn bag that they could machine wash over and over and over and over?
                I wonder if the Organic Cotton bags fit the bill?
                Bike commuting with the Smart Alec!

Comment

Originally posted by epeterson View Post

I have only washed mine once so far but it turned out fine. I air dried it instead of drying it in the dryer.

Comment

Originally posted by epeterson View Post

Belated response—I should consider those, but I’m assuming they don’t want to be washed and dried a couple of times a week.

I did forget to consider compartments, though—in the cotton truck, I could declare a dirty side, a food side, and the middle as a sort of semi-Clean DMZ.

That would leave the fact that my sloping shoulders can’t carry short handles and demand a crossbody strap, but there might be other cotton bags in the future?

Hm.

Comment

I'd like to see the Kit brought out of retirement for a limited engagement, if not permanently. Its a more elegant silhouette than the Q Kit.
                      Getting to the point with too many bags to list them all. Current daily carry is my Black Halcyon Zeitgeist with a Cobalt Cerylon 3DOC as my "purse"/

Comment

Originally posted by sturbridge View Post
                        I'd like to see the Kit brought out of retirement for a limited engagement
                        I KNEW more people than just me were into this!

Click image for larger version

Name:	210116150915-david-hasselhoff-kitt-car-restricted-exlarge-169.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	340797

Comment

Still hoping for a drawstring beach backpack

- zippered external pocket
                          - 1 o-ring in pocket and 1 o-ring inside the bag
                          - bright halcyon please

Comment

Originally posted by sturbridge View Post
                            Its a more elegant silhouette than the Q Kit.
                            could you please post a pic of THE KIT including a pen inside it for size comparison? thank you

Comment

could you please post a pic of THE KIT including a pen inside it for size comparison?
                              I would love to, but I don't own one. I've only seen someone else's kit. It was larger in length/height but thinner.
                              Getting to the point with too many bags to list them all. Current daily carry is my Black Halcyon Zeitgeist with a Cobalt Cerylon 3DOC as my "purse"/

Comment

Originally posted by bijoux View Post

could you please post a pic of THE KIT including a pen inside it for size comparison? thank you
                                Here's some pics of a Canary Grab Bag, Kiwi Kit, Steel Small Q-Kit, a standard food can, and a pen

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220717_205005515.jpg Views:	0 Size:	384.7 KB ID:	340981 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220717_204935259.jpg Views:	0 Size:	609.8 KB ID:	340982 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220717_204702262.jpg Views:	0 Size:	610.5 KB ID:	340983 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220717_204640697.jpg Views:	0 Size:	830.9 KB ID:	340984 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220717_204913764.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.26 MB ID:	340985 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220717_204346471.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.64 MB ID:	340986

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220717_235701254.jpg Views:	0 Size:	907.5 KB ID:	340995

I like the Kit because it's a good in-between size, closest to a 3DOC, but a different shape... It sits flat because of the bigger base, which the 3DOCs don't do as well
                                I would definitely buy another if they were available.

ETA: I checked my notes, the Kit is 1L, same volume as the 3DOC family

Exterior dimensions: 8.7" x 4.7" x 3" / 220mm x 125mm x 80mm

Volume: 60 cu. in. / 1 liter

ETA2: added the photo of the pen inside
                                Last edited by G42; 07-17-2022, 08:29 PM.
                                I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Working...
                                X