Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,814   Posts: 191,170   Members: 6,704   Active Members: 261
Welcome to our newest member, chrisdc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Wish List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1) a new 2022 wish list thread
    2) return of halcyon keystraps (I would also accept cerylon keystraps)
    3) Packing cube shoulder bag updated to have a full clamshell opening (this would require the strap attachment points be moved back to the staggered positions which seems pretty divisive)

Comment

Originally posted by pvn View Post
      2) return of halcyon keystraps (I would also accept cerylon keystraps)
      3) Packing cube shoulder bag updated to have a full clamshell opening (this would require the strap attachment points be moved back to the staggered positions which seems pretty divisive)
      I think a return to the Halcyon keystraps is very unlikely just given the amount of extra sewing that would go into making the keystraps this way. This 2017 blog post about TB keystraps has pictures with both the Halcyon keystraps and the current version that were introduced in 2016. Take a look at how much stitching is involved in sewing the Halcyon keystraps along the entire length of each keystrap.

moriond

Comment

yeah I'm not holding my breath, just wishing.

Comment

yeah I'm not holding my breath, just wishing.
          I actually like the older Cordura Keystraps. These are what they (and the Halcyon keystraps) looked like grabbed from one of my forum posts sometime around Fall 2014:
          Retired Halcyon keystraps

Retired Cordura keystraps
          This isn't a complete range of colors because there was an earlier Crimson short keystrap that wasn't available at the time this group shot was made. The really old blog posts used to both be searchable and a good source of lots of great composite images. I'm not sure this is readily apparent, but the 8" Cordura keystraps (Crimson not shown, because retired at time of this group picture, Olive, Plum, Black, and Storm) used the 1000d Cordura (in special rolls -- again that used to be shown in the old blog posts), while the 16" keystraps used 500d Cordura (Black, Cayenne, Wasabi, and Sapphire)

In the top set of Halcyon keystraps you can see that there was a different fabric for Coyote (introduced for the Skookum Dog line of products), because at that time there were no Coyote Halcyon options (and it was all still called Dyneema). So along with the Ultraviolet, Wasabi, Steel, and Iberian options, the Black and Coyote keystrap materials were like the currrent color option fabrics.

Before the vBulletin5 forrum software upgrade it used to be much easiler to relate images to actual posts --- now, with JASON code, I have to retrieve most references from memory, and it takes about 5 times the amount of work to post working and displayable images. I know these were posted roughly around september 2014, because I remember the parent post for adjacent images, but its actually more of a pain to retrieve things if images are involved.

Comment

moriond I don't even remember where I was in 2014; the fact that you can remember where/when to search old Forum posts is amazing, though I'm sorry it takes so long
            Last edited by G42; 08-03-2022, 08:09 PM.
            I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

There is a 2022 wish list thread, but it got started under the Just for Registered Users forum, which means that you can only view it or post to it if you are using your forum login.

Here's the link to the What is your 2022 wish list? thread under the Just for Registered Users forum. (I don't think that the mods have the authority to change the protected status of this thread after it was created this way; there was some discussion at the time)

Comment

Working...
              X