Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,583   Posts: 188,378   Members: 6,554   Active Members: 308
Welcome to our newest member, Lucienk.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Wish List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only one color MCB left in stock right now, so I’m repeating my wish to see more Café bags with Dawn lining. I’d buy Ursa/Dawn in a heartbeat (although Black/Dawn and Deep Blue/Dawn would be nice too).

Comment

Oops, I pretty pleased in the 2020 thread (which is still stickied BTW). As I said in that thread, please please pretty please a Smart Alec in Taiga 400d with edgeless straps *swoon*. That might just be the perfect travel bag. Bonus points for side access laptop, but I don't wanna be too greedy, and that would involve a redesign

Comment

Originally posted by earth5 View Post
        Oops, I pretty pleased in the 2020 thread (which is still stickied BTW). As I said in that thread, please please pretty please a Smart Alec in Taiga 400d with edgeless straps *swoon*. That might just be the perfect travel bag. Bonus points for side access laptop, but I don't wanna be too greedy, and that would involve a redesign
        Thanks for pointing that out - I waved the sticky wand and swapped the Wish List threads
        I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

I searched on Tidal in this thread and didn't find it. Would it be possible to do large Stuff Sacks, or a large Travel Tray in Tidal? I love that color, would be great to have it on my night stand!!

Also would it be possible to bring back the Ghost Whales in spacer mesh with the color zippers, in the small, mini, or super mini sizes? (Would love Island, UV, or Iberian zippers!!)

Oh! I would also love the large Zip-Top Shop Bags in the recycled colors! (Seapine, Nebulous, Logic 630).

(In the cold weather our socializing options are limited... we've had one or two friends over to sit outside, but since it's chilly I like to bring out blankets for each person. It's nice to be able to carry out multiple bags in one trip, and also hand one bag out to each person. Monster Trucks are also great for this purpose - however the zip-top bags have an advantage in that when the visit is over, I can store the blankets dust-free in their own bags, till the next time!)
          Last edited by haraya; 02-03-2021, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by haraya View Post
            Also would it be possible to bring back the Ghost Whales in spacer mesh with the color zippers, in the small, mini, or super mini sizes? (Would love Island, UV, or Iberian zippers!!)
            I like these, too, but they haven't seemed to be a priority, and the GWOPs in 630d Recycled also seem to have been dropped (the link now goes the regular Ghost Whale Organizer Pouches). When they did their inventory on January 10, 2021, I was able to find a Super-Mini GWOP with spacer mesh and a Coyote zipper, but that was it. I was also secretlu hoping that they might also try making some of these in Coyote Spacer Mesh, too, from all those Guide's edition Syniks and Synapes.

moriond

Comment

I hadn't even thought about Coyote spacer mesh!!

Fingers crossed they have a stack of spacer mesh scrap that's just waiting to be turned into Ghost Whale goodness.

Originally posted by moriond View Post
              I like these, too, but they haven't seemed to be a priority, and the GWOPs in 630d Recycled also seem to have been dropped (the link now goes the regular Ghost Whale Organizer Pouches). When they did their inventory on January 10, 2021, I was able to find a Super-Mini GWOP with spacer mesh and a Coyote zipper, but that was it. I was also secretlu hoping that they might also try making some of these in Coyote Spacer Mesh, too, from all those Guide's edition Syniks and Synapes.

moriond

Comment

I hadn't even thought about Coyote spacer mesh!!

Fingers crossed they have a stack of spacer mesh scrap that's just waiting to be turned into Ghost Whale goodness.
                I'm pretty sure they have the material. What they're short on is the manpower to do everything at this time, while they're still also making masks.

Comment

I figured as much. No rush, I'm certainly not planning any travel right now, and even if I was, I have other stuff sacks and OPs to tide me over!!

Originally posted by moriond View Post
                  I'm pretty sure they have the material. What they're short on is the manpower to do everything at this time, while they're still also making masks.

Comment

Here to also wish for the ghost whale pouches! I'm hoping for mesh small sized ones - they're so handy!

Comment

The Synapse 25 is currently offered in black halcyon/NWS with a black label. I would like the same but in a Synapse 19.

Comment

Simple Shop Bag in Aether.

Matching the attributes of the all too common 14"x14" plastic bag with holes as handles. Super packable as aether fabric, multiple uses, simple, grab'n'go, no padded handles, and washable. Maybe it has a zipper like packing cubes. Lunches, storage, keep in EDC, etc.

In these pandemic times I have be unable to use my shop bags several times and had to use the one use plastic bags unhappily. I do like the advantage of super packability over the bulkier TB Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by organicfarmer View Post

Matching the attributes of the all too common 14"x14" plastic bag with holes as handles. Super packable as aether fabric, multiple uses, simple, grab'n'go, no padded handles, and washable. Maybe it has a zipper like packing cubes. Lunches, storage, keep in EDC, etc.

In these pandemic times I have be unable to use my shop bags several times and had to use the one use plastic bags unhappily. I do like the advantage of super packability over the bulkier TB Shop Bags.
                          Yes! Second this! I would happily sacrifice carrying comfort for a truly tiny packing size.

Comment

Originally posted by b1gsky View Post
                            Yes! Second this! I would happily sacrifice carrying comfort for a truly tiny packing size.
                            Yes +1 I'd LOVE a truly packable simple tote with attached self-pocket. The tote can be folded into it's own little pocket. The old IKEA knalla tote is a perfect design and also washable. I keep 4 in my handbag per grocery shop.

Comment

Fingers crossed they have a stack of spacer mesh scrap .......
                              Could we also please have some MESH MINI organiser pouches. I've found that coins fall out of my ghost whales.

Comment

Originally posted by organicfarmer View Post

Originally posted by b1gsky View Post
                                Did you guys ever consider the Yeoman Duffel Aether Packing Cubes before they were announced as retired in March 2018? (I think there were still some floating around in May, when I checked my orders). I think, because the Yeoman Duffels were very usable and packable without these, that people failed to realize how useful they were -- not only because of their light-weight, but because they were unique in the available product line-up in terms of their depth (could hold lunchboxes, for example), and also because they had handles that made it easy to pull them out of other bags, so as I mentioned in one of the posts in the linked thread, I took to carrying one of these around with me for stopping into farmer's markets. Having said that, the Aether material is not really suited for shaping into general purpose shopping bags that can hold sizeable weights. It doesn't have the kind of reinforced grid that will support heavy loads.

Just my thoughts, your mileage may vary (YMMV = your experience may lead you to come to a different conclusion)

moriond

Comment

Working...
                                X