Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,495   Posts: 187,471   Members: 6,456   Active Members: 328
Welcome to our newest member, Hungry.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Wish List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Janine
    replied
    I'd love to see more bags with Coyote Halcyon interiors. It's a nice, earthy complement to Deep Blue, Wilderness, and Aubergine. It looks cool with Mars Red and Ursa. This would be especially nice now that GE editions are retired.

Leave a comment:

• tmc
    replied
    I would like to see the Ghost Whale pouches offered in Halcyon. I would also like to see these made with o-rings instead of snaphooks.

Leave a comment:

• Aeon
    replied
    Originally posted by dmoneysong View Post

Interesting...was it ever made in OH?
    Yes, my purchase receipts say it happened in 2014, but I don't know if there were other runs of 400d OH travel trays. I purchased a "black" travel tray, which if memory serves would have been Black Dyneema (now Original Halcyon). This thread also confirms that the OH 400d travel tray was purchased by other forum members in 2014.

Leave a comment:

• dmoneysong
    replied
    Originally posted by pure5152 View Post
    Is there any chance the travel trays will be offered in original halcyon before that fabric/color is retired? 🙏
    Interesting...was it ever made in OH?

Leave a comment:

• pure5152
    replied
    Is there any chance the travel trays will be offered in original halcyon before that fabric/color is retired? 🙏

Leave a comment:

• m_cycle
    replied
    Originally posted by kmw View Post
    A larger, more Field Journal-sized HLT3.

My preferred EDC notebooks are 9.5" x 7", and the HLT2 is just too small to fit them. If the Field Journal won't see a re-run (though I would love that!), then I'd love an HLT that is a closer equivalent.
    I agree! I have both sizes of HLT and really want one that would accommodate an A5 notebook. I do have a Side Kick that I sometimes use to transport my notebook but would prefer the clam shell opening and depth of the HLT.

My material preference would be Halcyon (in ultraviolet).

Leave a comment:

• EBV
    replied
    Originally posted by Pertinax View Post
    With surprise (horror?) I figured out that after today's restock I have placed 10 orders since my Techonaut preorder. It's just so easy to add even little items onto a standing preorder and not worry about shipping charges. It is with some trepidation (remember, 10 orders since the Techonaut!) that I suggest making a permanent option at checkout to ship on a particular date some time in the future, maybe out to 12 weeks. Usually I don't need an order immediately, just before my next trip, which could be months away. I would definitely enjoy having a chance to add onto an existing order when restocking events happen. Lowered shipping fees and carbon footprint make this option compelling, too.
    +1 for any type of holding option for any length of time the teams sees as duable. I'm located in Europe and buying from Tom Bihn means 45 dollars shipping costs and another 20 dollars in handling fees. Especially with items being out of stock so soon, it's quite difficult to get the items you want without having to spend serious cash on extra shipments.
    Last edited by EBV; 09-16-2021, 04:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Pertinax
    replied
    I could see maybe a week being an option but holding 3 months worth of purchases for potentially thousands of customers would require a lot of storage space on their part..
    I would have thought this until it became an option for held preorders, which are many weeks long. My guess is that the "holding" is just normal inventory storage and all the tracking is done by computer. As long as physical inventory and electronic inventory are well coordinated, fulfilling a held order would end up being like fulfilling a normal order. Just a guess, though. I'm more worried about how much I might buy if this does become an option!

Leave a comment:

• Surrealle
    replied
    Originally posted by Pertinax View Post
    With surprise (horror?) I figured out that after today's restock I have placed 10 orders since my Techonaut preorder. It's just so easy to add even little items onto a standing preorder and not worry about shipping charges. It is with some trepidation (remember, 10 orders since the Techonaut!) that I suggest making a permanent option at checkout to ship on a particular date some time in the future, maybe out to 12 weeks. Usually I don't need an order immediately, just before my next trip, which could be months away. I would definitely enjoy having a chance to add onto an existing order when restocking events happen. Lowered shipping fees and carbon footprint make this option compelling, too.
    I could see maybe a week being an option but holding 3 months worth of purchases for potentially thousands of customers would require a lot of storage space on their part..

Leave a comment:

• Pertinax
    replied
    Any chance you might bring back the Stowaway for one more production run? I could never figure out its use case for me the first time around, so didn't pull the trigger. Nowadays I'm finding that I like having just the right bag for different use cases and think I know how I would make use of the Stowaway. Not having the option makes me sad.

Leave a comment:

• Pertinax
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cowlax8
    replied
    GE Synapse 25 in nighthawk with black/shadow accents

Leave a comment:

• FlyEaglesFly
    replied
    Stealth logo on all the things!

Leave a comment:

• Shortie
    replied
    A Nik's Minimalist Wallet #6: the #5 wallet with a loop.

Leave a comment:

• kmw
    replied
    A larger, more Field Journal-sized HLT3.

My preferred EDC notebooks are 9.5" x 7", and the HLT2 is just too small to fit them. If the Field Journal won't see a re-run (though I would love that!), then I'd love an HLT that is a closer equivalent.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X