Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,576   Posts: 188,295   Members: 6,534   Active Members: 280
Welcome to our newest member, Skysarwer.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early preview of the upcoming Paragon backpack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear! I spent the weekend convincing myself that I don’t need a Paragon...now I have to have one! How to decide which one!

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      The water bottles of the Luminary and the side mesh pockets of the Makers Bag should just become standard features for TB backpacks and shoulder bags .
      Not for me, please, I like a smooth back panel inside so I can slide papers in and out, having the zipper there makes that impossible - why I have never used my luminary and sold my synik!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you crazy !? How will I resist the Guide's edition Wilderness TAT

Awesome
        just a Bihnion here

Comment

Ah, it looks like the lash points on the bottom have been removed from the prototype showed previously according to the description! I really, really wanted those two bottom lash points. They would have added a lot of functionality to the design.
          Synapse 19 (Burnt orange/Steel) | Side Kick (Deep blue/Wasabi) | Side Effect (Nordic/Wasabi) | Travel Cubelet (Burnt orange/Northwest sky)

Comment

Originally posted by ArdeaAbe View Post
            Ah, it looks like the lash points on the bottom have been removed from the prototype showed previously according to the description! I really, really wanted those two bottom lash points. They would have added a lot of functionality to the design.
            Those lash points aka accessory strap holders on the bottom are still there! We'll be uploading more detail photos this week
            Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Rei View Post
              Are you crazy !? How will I resist the Guide's edition Wilderness TAT

Awesome
              I was originally thinking the same thing, but I find myself instead being drawn to the Black, with the blacked out label.

I'm also very intrigued by Taiga, and can see an argument for having a simple halcyon version. Will the real Taiga please stand up? Is it yellowish light brown, sage green, light green, oddly grey? The pics are all over the place. Also, where's the Tidal version?

Comment

Originally posted by ayazgood View Post
                I'm also very intrigued by Taiga, and can see an argument for having a simple halcyon version. Will the real Taiga please stand up? Is it yellowish light brown, sage green, light green, oddly grey? The pics are all over the place.
                The answer is YES - which is so not helpful.

Taiga is a very changeable appearing color and note that the different grid thread colours makes a huge impact on appearance as well.
                I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by ayazgood View Post
                  I was originally thinking the same thing, but I find myself instead being drawn to the Black, with the blacked out label.
                  I have a couple of TB bags where I didn't want the label to stand out, so I just used a permanent marker to black them out. You can still make out the name and plane if you look closely, but otherwise it's nice and nondescript.

Comment

Originally posted by gqb View Post
                    Not for me, please, I like a smooth back panel inside so I can slide papers in and out, having the zipper there makes that impossible - why I have never used my luminary and sold my synik!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
                    For what it's worth, I don't really care whether the water bottle pocket attaches to the back panel or not. I just want something there to keep it upright. (I've used that pocket to hold bottles while unzipped before.)

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                      Ursa photo is updated; now showing as expected. Ursa/coyote is beautiful! So is Wildness Green/coyote.
                      Wilderness/Coyote is fantastic, I have it on my GE Synapse and it just looks so good. That being said, I think Ursa is my absolute favorite color Tom Bihn does right now, it really seems to go with everything. Darcy, is there a chance of the regular non-Guide edition Paragon getting an Ursa colorway in a future batch? I'd love to see it with Halcyon linings that aren't Northwest Sky.
                      Last edited by Skirata44; 01-26-2021, 04:46 PM.
                      Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

Comment

I really like the look of this! Kinda a more robust version of the day lite backpack - something I was actually thinking I would really love, and the green guides edition looks incredible.

Comment

Darcy I noticed from the “street” pics of the DL Paragon that there is a gatekeeper waist strap attached to it, but it is omitted in the “included” product description. Will either versions have the waist strap included? Also, glad to see the lash straps included for the GE Paragon.

Comment

good catch cinderblock

Darcy - also missing the sternum strap for both versions

and does the GE get the 'leave no trace' tag?
                            I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

The Guide's Edition Paragon page has been updated with a new description and some new photos!

Originally posted by cinderblock View Post
                              Darcy I noticed from the “street” pics of the DL Paragon that there is a gatekeeper waist strap attached to it, but it is omitted in the “included” product description. Will either versions have the waist strap included? Also, glad to see the lash straps included for the GE Paragon.
                              Nice spotting that! Both Paragons will have the usual included waist and sternum straps.

We won't be including lash straps with the GE Paragon, though... sorry for the mix-up there!

Originally posted by G42 View Post
                              and does the GE get the 'leave no trace' tag?
                              Yes! The LNT tag will be included in the GE Paragon.
                              Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

What's the size of the laptop shown in the pics? Just curious how various size laptops will look and fit in the pocket.

Comment

Working...
                                X