Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,582   Posts: 188,353   Members: 6,547   Active Members: 296
Welcome to our newest member, rancorbeast.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to get insight into manufacturing schedule?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G42
    replied
    FYI, there's one Mars Red Maker's Bag showing as available

Leave a comment:

• Surrealle
    replied
    Originally posted by Wanderlust77 View Post
    Same here! The Maker’s Bag was slow to grow on me, but now it’s one of my favorites!
    The big thing for me is the waist strap attachment points. TB is the ONLY place I know of that puts these on their messenger bags and they are a total game changer for me with my bad back. I normally can't carry any large shoulder bags (it always has to be backpacks), but with the ability to use a waist strap I can get the weight off my shoulders when I need to, and I get the easy access of a shoulder bag to boot. I know it's not really meant to be used for weight reduction so it looks a little funny, but if it saves me pain I don't care.

Darcy, I know you mentioned that there's another messenger bag in the works--if at all possible, it would be hugely helpful if you guys could keep the waist-strap-loop trend going there too. (Or alternatively, incorporate a place to attach a waist strap where the shoulder strap connects. I've sort of been able to hack the co-pilot that way but since it's not designed for it, it doesn't work as well even though I wouldn't mind having the waist strap connect higher on the bag.)
    Last edited by Surrealle; 01-20-2021, 06:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ejt830
    replied
    Darcy Thanks so much for checking!

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Ohhhh! That is exciting!! The Little Swift was gone before I discovered TB, so I don’t have any...it would be nice to add one (or more!) to my collection!
    I still have a Cork Little Swift that I carry on certain occasions! It's a great size. Not too big and not too small. I love the Cork, but I'd also like a chance to get one in Black 525d (goes with everything of course!)

Leave a comment:

• Wanderlust77
    replied
    We do think the Swift might be retiring to make way for the new knitting/craft bag. But, before that happens, we're thinking of offering one more production run of the Little Swift. You know us: we're working on that new knitting/craft bag design but it could take us a while (read: years) to complete it. In the meantime, we can't not offer a knitting/craft bag *and* we thought the LS would be pretty amazing in the 630d Recycled colors (and Wilderness!! Constellation! Ursa!)

Ohhhh! That is exciting!! The Little Swift was gone before I discovered TB, so I don’t have any...it would be nice to add one (or more!) to my collection!

Leave a comment:

• Wanderlust77
    replied
    Originally posted by Surrealle View Post
    I noticed that too! I was bummed when I saw that change. I'm hoping it's a glitch, or that they'll add more colors soon.

Not that I need any more Maker's Bags, although that hasn't stopped me yet..
    Same here! The Maker’s Bag was slow to grow on me, but now it’s one of my favorites!

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by ejt830 View Post
    Darcy do you have any information on when frame sheets will be available for the Aeronaut 30? You guys have been out of stock on them for months now. I have a bunch of items I want to order from you guys I've just been waiting on the frame sheet. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you [emoji120]
    I'm afraid I don't have an ETA on when those would be restocked: it won't be anytime soon. We double-checked the warehouse and don't have any A30 Internal Frames. I'm checking with our studio photographer to see if they have one in the collection of bags in their studio. Hoping to be able to share some good news with you soon!

Thank you, Darcy! Is the Swift retiring to make way for the new knitting/craft bag that was mentioned? Also, the Maker’s Bag...Nebulous Gray/Acuity has disappeared from the “In Production” lineup; is it gone forever or just for now? Just curious
    I’m looking forward to seeing what coming up next!
    We do think the Swift might be retiring to make way for the new knitting/craft bag. But, before that happens, we're thinking of offering one more production run of the Little Swift. You know us: we're working on that new knitting/craft bag design but it could take us a while (read: years) to complete it. In the meantime, we can't not offer a knitting/craft bag *and* we thought the LS would be pretty amazing in the 630d Recycled colors (and Wilderness!! Constellation! Ursa!)

Originally posted by Surrealle View Post
    I noticed that too! I was bummed when I saw that change. I'm hoping it's a glitch, or that they'll add more colors soon.

As for that Maker's Bag in Nebulous/Acuity.... it'll only reappear if we happen to have some Acuity left after February's pre-order. We're making extra sure we have enough Acuity to offer the Design Lab Packing Cube, Side Effect, and Everyday Cubelet in that color without fear of it running out!

Leave a comment:

• Surrealle
    replied
    Thank you, Darcy! Also, the Maker’s Bag...Nebulous Gray/Acuity has disappeared from the “In Production” lineup; is it gone forever or just for now? Just curious

Leave a comment:

• Wanderlust77
    replied
    Thank you, Darcy! Is the Swift retiring to make way for the new knitting/craft bag that was mentioned? Also, the Maker’s Bag...Nebulous Gray/Acuity has disappeared from the “In Production” lineup; is it gone forever or just for now? Just curious

Leave a comment:

• ejt830
    replied
    Darcy do you have any information on when frame sheets will be available for the Aeronaut 30? You guys have been out of stock on them for months now. I have a bunch of items I want to order from you guys I've just been waiting on the frame sheet. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you [emoji120]

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by G42; 01-18-2021, 03:54 PM. Reason: added @ to Darcy so that it flags as a mention

Leave a comment:

• cujo
    replied
    Darcy that'll work... thank you!

Yes, this community is great.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Thank you Skirata44 G42 sturbridge Surrealle for sharing advice and knowledge here: this is a big part of what makes these Forums so amazing and it's especially helpful to us right now as we are gathering all of the details for that upcoming February pre-order so that we can share them with you.

cujo Nik's Wallets in #1, #3, #4, and #5 have all been ordered in colors Black, Dawn, Coyote, and Island. We're focusing on those colors right now to build up stock of the most popular colors. (The #2 has been retired.) I expect that we'll begin sewing them within the next two weeks, so it shouldn't be too much longer before they're restocked. Does that help? Feel free to ask follow-up questions.

Leave a comment:

• cujo
    replied
    I'm not frustrated, but if I go ahead and order and then the wallet is back in stock a week later, then I'll be frustrated.

Leave a comment:

• sturbridge
    replied
    Darcy did mention in December I believe (these months all run together) that they were doing their first half planning and she'd be writing a blog post "around the first of the year". So we are still waiting. Whenever I get frustrated with waiting, I remind myself that when things take longer than planned that there is good stuff in the works. Darcy did mention that in February, 12 bags will be up for pre order. I assume that's a lot of work to get it all in order before communicating that to us.

Leave a comment:

• Surrealle
    replied
    My recommendation is to not wait if something is in stock now, unless you're sure it's not going to run out. A lot of people do large orders on release day and things go quickly. You may miss out on your original items waiting for that last one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X