Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,503   Posts: 187,552   Members: 6,462   Active Members: 326
Welcome to our newest member, Timewalker.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

February 26th Restock: Synapse 25, Snake Charmers, Truck and more....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tessa.vanz View Post
    .... dare I ask what else is planning to be stocked next week?
    I double-dare. With hopes for Trucksana . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by photocat View Post
      I jumped on the last two events (preorder? restock? I can't remember now what they were technically called) and was able to get what I wanted - shop bags and a paragon! I thought the restock was going to be low-key and no rush so I didn't jump online right when it went live today. Mistake. I had 5 items picked out in my wishlist and only 2 were still available after I got off work today. Lesson learned! I've missed out on the freudian slip I wanted but I will still get my ghost whales (my first GWs ever) albeit not all in the color-size combo I wanted.
      I think some colour options sold out a lot quicker than the crew expected! I'm sure there will be future runs of FS though
      Originally posted by jMac View Post
      I was able to order a Mars Red GWOP-Small today when the re-stock went live. I figured they'd sell fast. Happy for TB gaining more revenue.
      Things did sell out more quickly than we expected. This is something we can learn from and do our best to do better next time for sure. A few updates...

Because it sold out so quickly, we're going to offer the Truck as part of the next pre-order.
      We're cutting a new mega-super-huge batch of Ghost Whales; they'll be restocked in 2-3 weeks and we're making enough more that we don't think the colors will sell out for a while.

Originally posted by setrombley View Post
      *sigh* Kicking myself for not grabbing one of the last Constellation MCBs when I had the chance. Should've known the increased traffic to the site with the restock would've led to their being cleared out.
      Medium Cafe Bags will be part of the next pre-order, and I think we'll be offering Logic Blue or Constellation as an option.

Originally posted by SLB View Post
      I double-dare. With hopes for Trucksana . . . .
      .... dare I ask what else is planning to be stocked next week?
      Ghost Whales were due to be restocked next week, but we've decided to give ourselves more time so we can make enough to prevent them from selling out.

We're focused on pre-orders right now (they may ship as soon as early April!) so we don't expect anything else to be restocked this week. The next restock will likely be the following bags: Synapse 19, Pop Tote, Large and Small Travel Trays, 3D Clear Organizer Cubes, Maker's Bag, and Icon.
      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
        Because it sold out so quickly, we're going to offer the Truck as part of the next pre-order.
        We're cutting a new mega-super-huge batch of Ghost Whales; they'll be restocked in 2-3 weeks and we're making enough more that we don't think the colors will sell out for a while.
        Yay Trucks!

"mega-super-huge" - whoa, new quantity increment

.....since you're cutting GWs...maybe include the scrap black & spacer mesh with coloured zippers....?

(you give an inch, we ask for a mega-super-huge mile)
        I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Thank you, Darcy.

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post
            Yay Trucks!

"mega-super-huge" - whoa, new quantity increment

.....since you're cutting GWs...maybe include the scrap black & spacer mesh with coloured zippers....?

I think we're totally out of spacer mesh! Color Zipper Ghost Whales will be coming in the future... maybe 4-5 weeks?
            Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Gulp.... did @Darcy say "Pop Tote" ---- if I like Seapine in person as much as I do online and if there is a Seapine Pop Tote on the horizon (cough cough hint hint) ....there goes the bag budget...again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post
                We're focused on pre-orders right now (they may ship as soon as early April!) so we don't expect anything else to be restocked this week. The next restock will likely be the following bags: Synapse 19, Pop Tote, Large and Small Travel Trays, 3D Clear Organizer Cubes, Maker's Bag, and Icon.
                Asking for a mega-super-duper-huge mile...

Darcy,

1) Will Travel Trays be made in Tidal?
                2) Synapse 19 in Black/Tidal or Black/Acuity? Or (pushing it here)... Navy/Steel Parapack?
                Constellation/Northwest Sky Synapse 19, Constellation Guide's Edition Synik 22, Navy Parapack/Steel Parapack Synik 30, Navy Road Buddy 36, everything Acuity

Comment

latchford - I just noticed your new'ish avatar photo - you should post the full size version on the Pets thread (unless you did and I missed it) and introduce us - we haven't had any pet photos in a while

https://forums.tombihn.com/not-about...orum-pets.html
                  I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Darcy

"I think we'll be offering Logic Blue or Constellation as an option."

Can the Pop Tote be made in Logic Blue?

I have completely fallen in love with the color and I am even more pleased with it as it is a Recycled Fabric.

Also looking forward to LSB even the small one in 210 Ballistic, preferably Dawn, another color I have fallen in love with, same with Acuity.

Comment

Things did sell out more quickly than we expected. This is something we can learn from and do our best to do better next time for sure. A few updates...

Medium Cafe Bags will be part of the next pre-order, and I think we'll be offering Logic Blue or Constellation as an option.

Ghost Whales were due to be restocked next week, but we've decided to give ourselves more time so we can make enough to prevent them from selling out.

Hey Darcy any chance there will be original halcyon/wasabi or UV or Solaris interior for Synapse 19? I know there is a halcyon shortage but since the Synics had some bright interiors this release I felt it was worth asking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I always appreciate trying new things, but I can't say I'm a fan of the new black label. It might be a bit more appealing if the shade of black would match the blacks of the Ballistic or Halcyon, but either way I always loved the iconic splash of color and timeless look of the old(?) label. It's silly, but the logo is legitimately one of my favorite things about Tom Bihn. I don't mean to be a downer, but my vote is to make the black label a limited run.

Peace

Comment

February 26th Restock: Synapse 25, Snake Charmers, Truck and more....

Originally posted by adamlanghans View Post
                          I always appreciate trying new things, but I can't say I'm a fan of the new black label. It might be a bit more appealing if the shade of black would match the blacks of the Ballistic or Halcyon, but either way I always loved the iconic splash of color and timeless look of the old(?) label. It's silly, but the logo is legitimately one of my favorite things about Tom Bihn. I don't mean to be a downer, but my vote is to make the black label a limited run.

Peace
                          I am the exact opposite.

I prefer the new black label on the black or dark bags. Usually I choose to grab a dark bag out of my “bag closet” to have a bag that can quickly go unnoticed. As we all know, Tom Bihn has no limit of colors that the color logo still works perfectly with.

To add, if I am thinking of new color options in the works like the mentioned beaver camo, I think a black out logo will look better given the amount of pattern and color on what I presume the bag to look like. I think with the pattern of the exterior Halcyon bags that I also preferred the black out logo there to not distrust from the visual of the pattern.

Last edited by djkindred; 03-06-2021, 07:35 AM.

Comment

I've tried to move away from black bags (want bags easier to spot, dog with fawn-colored fur, dirt more noticeable, etc) but I will probably be buying a black Truck to put in my new (well, 2015 is new to me!) car to replace the plastic crate I've been using for my catch-all of car stuff - with a station wagon again, I'll need something which can fit in behind the front seats when we fold down the back seats - and I do like the look of the blackout label on the black ballistic. I've been using my Dawn Truck for two and a half years as a grocery bag and it's been great in the 210 Ballistic, I figure the 525 black will be excellent also. Hopefully they keep coming for our orders!

I grabbed a Synik 22 in Constellation/Northwest Sky this morning because my trusty Synapse 19 (Steel/Ultraviolet! so lovely and light) is just a tiny bit too small for the items I need for in-person classes this year. I would've loved a Deep Blue one but I'm not a Coyote fan and it seems that the Deep Blue Syniks just have the Coyote for interiors, both in Halcyon and Ballistic.
                            I would REALLY love more Deep Blue/Dawn bags! My favorite combination for the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by adamlanghans View Post

Peace
                              I concur. I think the traditional colored label is very classy looking and definitely not overdone. I know though that there is a subset of “bag people” that get hung up on “branding”. I’m not of that subset but to each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by marbenais View Post
                                I grabbed a Synik 22 in Constellation/Northwest Sky this morning because my trusty Synapse 19 (Steel/Ultraviolet! so lovely and light) is just a tiny bit too small for the items I need for in-person classes this year. I would've loved a Deep Blue one but I'm not a Coyote fan and it seems that the Deep Blue Syniks just have the Coyote for interiors, both in Halcyon and Ballistic.
                                I would REALLY love more Deep Blue/Dawn bags! My favorite combination for the past few years.
                                I’m surprised you didn’t go for the Navy parapack S22, with the cloud interior. I have one and it’s really nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X