Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I made a mistake

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I think I made a mistake

    Anyone else ever get rid of a bag only to regret it later? I purchased a black icon with rainbow zips during the pandemic, which went unused. I went a head a passed it along to another enthusiast, but now I think I was too hasty. I think it went unused because I wasn’t going anywhere and was working from home. So now I have to wait for the Icon to get restocked, unless one pops up on ebay. Just was wondering if any of y’all did the same, got rid of a bag only to rebuy it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

    #2
    Very much so. I bought a synapse 25 only to send it right back to TB. But I couldn't stop thinking about it so I bought it again. I don't think it's the right bag for me but I WANT it to be. I've used it for travel about a half a dozen times. I'm literally forcing myself to use it for EDC though its way too large. I think I would be better off with an aeronaut 30 for travel and a smaller bag like the Paragon or small shop bag for EDC. I cancelled my Paragon pre order and I'm still back and forth if that was a mistake (the bag itself I think is great but none of the color options really said BUY ME) so I opted to buy my first pick up truck (in seapine). I'm all over the place.

    Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

    Comment


      #3
      I bought an Aubergine/Wasabi MB, but couldn’t figure out how to make it work for me and never used it. So I listed it on eBay, sold it quickly for almost full price. I immediately had seller’s remorse; it’s my favorite color combination after all, and wasn’t available anymore. A few months later, I searched eBay, hoping I could find another. About a year later, I found one, quickly put in my bid (I think it was “Buy It Now”). As I was closing the deal, the seller's name looked familiar. I looked back thru my records...it was the person who had bought it from me! I bought my bag back!

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Wanderlust77 View Post
        I bought an Aubergine/Wasabi MB, but couldn’t figure out how to make it work for me and never used it. So I listed it on eBay, sold it quickly for almost full price. I immediately had seller’s remorse; it’s my favorite color combination after all, and wasn’t available anymore. A few months later, I searched eBay, hoping I could find another. About a year later, I found one, quickly put in my bid (I think it was “Buy It Now”). As I was closing the deal, the seller's name looked familiar. I looked back thru my records...it was the person who had bought it from me! I bought my bag back!
        Wow! What a cool story! Glad you got your own bag back.
        The only thing worse than chips without salsa is salsa without chips!

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by jMac View Post
          Wow! What a cool story! Glad you got your own bag back.
          Me too! When it arrived I hugged it and practically danced around my house!

          Comment


            #6
            Oh yes. Several times for certain bags. Sometimes it's color and other times lack of use or doesn't fit how I use it.

            Comment


              #7
              Wanderlust77 That’s so cool that you had the opportunity to buy your own bag back. I don’t have anything in Aubergine/Wasabi, but really like both colors on their own and I think they go well together.

              So far I haven’t had seller’s remorse, but I only ever sell bags I’m truly sure I don’t like for one reason or another and won’t use in any case. So far I’ve never sold a bag I truly liked. The Dawn/Dawn SCB was the only time I felt remorse, but I didn’t sell it, I gave it to my sister. So it stayed in the family. I rebought a Dawn/Dawn Café bag afterwards, but this time a MCB. This turned out well, because I prefer the MCB to the SCB on most days.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by b1gsky View Post
                Wanderlust77 That’s so cool that you had the opportunity to buy your own bag back. I don’t have anything in Aubergine/Wasabi, but really like both colors on their own and I think they go well together.

                So far I haven’t had seller’s remorse, but I only ever sell bags I’m truly sure I don’t like for one reason or another and won’t use in any case. So far I’ve never sold a bag I truly liked. The Dawn/Dawn SCB was the only time I felt remorse, but I didn’t sell it, I gave it to my sister. So it stayed in the family. I rebought a Dawn/Dawn Café bag afterwards, but this time a MCB. This turned out well, because I prefer the MCB to the SCB on most days.
                That MB was the first bag I bought in that combination and it just clicked with me. I gave my Aubergine MCB to my daughter and immediately missed it, but no regrets because she loves it; now I’m waiting for restock. I also gave my Aubergine SK & SE to my son's MIL because she loved them; I’ve since replaced the SK.

                Comment


                  #9
                  What I wouldn’t give for a Coyote Co-Pilot.

                  I bought one. Returned it. Called TB Customer Service to cancel the return and have it mailed back to me. Only to sell it on eBay.

                  I regret that decision and miss that bag.

                  If anyone out there has a Coyote Co-Pilot in excellent condition which still has the shoulder strap and zipper pulls attached, feel free to message me directly!


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Follow me on Instagram!

                  @outside_chicago

                  @wright_in_the_midwest

                  Comment


                    #10
                    This topic is soooo familiar! When I first found out about TB, I did a LOT of buying and returning, both through TB and eBay. I So wanted the Synapse 25 to work for me and it just never did. Returned. If I could not buy for myself, I bought for my family instead. Two of my family members own the S25 and absolutely love it. So what did I do? Tried again...only to return it. Same with the S19, Makers Bag and Daylight Backpack. All bought at least once and returned or resold. That was in the first year of learning about the bags. Then I calmed down.

                    Just recently though I bought a bag that I thought I had sold, and had sellers remorse. only to find, after going through my stash, that I did not sell the original, so I ended up with two of the same bag! Anybody experience that?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I’ve had this too. I did a swap with someone with my 1050d Sidekick for a halcyon 400 Sidekick. I didn’t love the shade of purple of UV but I miss the 1050 ballistic so much.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Wanderlust77 View Post
                        I bought an Aubergine/Wasabi MB, but couldn’t figure out how to make it work for me and never used it. So I listed it on eBay, sold it quickly for almost full price. I immediately had seller’s remorse; it’s my favorite color combination after all, and wasn’t available anymore. A few months later, I searched eBay, hoping I could find another. About a year later, I found one, quickly put in my bid (I think it was “Buy It Now”). As I was closing the deal, the seller's name looked familiar. I looked back thru my records...it was the person who had bought it from me! I bought my bag back!
                        Great story. I love a happy TB ending. But your experience is the exact reason I am loathe to part with my TB items. I fear if I part with an item that I don't have a current use for or I don't really love, that can change in the future and I would regret rehoming it.
                        Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by pammy View Post
                          Great story. I love a happy TB ending. But your experience is the exact reason I am loathe to part with my TB items. I fear if I part with an item that I don't have a current use for or I don't really love, that can change in the future and I would regret rehoming it.
                          I have returned/re-purchased a few times, sold a few items on eBay then regretted and re-purchased from TB. But that MB was painful; I almost cried as I was boxing it up to send it away. (I would like to say I’ve learned my lesson, but I know me!)

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X