Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,525   Posts: 187,786   Members: 6,486   Active Members: 305
Welcome to our newest member, ozzyrussell.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last Guide's Edition offering coming soon....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We’re working out the final details our next pre-order*, which is looking like it will be the very last Guide’s Edition offering for years (if not the last offering of all time!)

Another batch of Guide’s Edition Paragons is already in the works — we’ll be restocking those when they’re done (estimate: mid-April) instead of offering them for pre-order.

That means that the last of the Guide’s Edition specialty materials could be used for the following bags. And we’d like you to vote on which you’re most interested in! Note that the results of the poll won’t decide which bags we’re offering — we’ll use the results of the poll as one data point/factor out of several (quantity of materials, number of email sign-ups, production efficiency, etc.) in our overall decision making.

Also note: we’ll be offering these last Guide's Edition packs in all of the same colors that they've been previously offered in, but not in any new colors. The Black exterior Guide’s Edition packs will have the new Black Label.

*Wondering when the Shop Bag/Cafe Bag/Le Grande Derriere and 1000d Cordura brights pre-order is coming? That one is going to take a bit longer to launch because there’s lots of new colors…. and lots of new photos to take! It’s up next after the Guide’s Edition pre-order, perhaps in early-mid April. There will be one or two restocks between now and then for bags like the Icon, Maker's Bag, etc.
    The Guide's Pack
    25.00%
    Guide's Edition Synapse 25
    32.50%
    Guide's Edition Synik 22
    22.50%
    Guide's Edition Synik 30
    20.00%

The poll is expired.

Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Synapse 19, the neglected bag

I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post
      Synapse 19, the neglected bag

It was tempting but a firm no: we've got so much going on right now, especially with the next pre-order, that we're going to stick with what we've already offered!
      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Very sad to hear that this could be the last of it! These Guide’s Editions are my favorite packs and probably why I have so many. Was hoping for new colors but understand the difficulties!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did I miss a link for the poll?

Or was that just an open invitation for suggestions for other bags which could be made in a Guide’s Edition?

If the latter, how about a Luminary 15?

Since the Synapse 19 won’t see a GE I would like to see a simple daypack that isn’t a laptop backpack be made as a GE.

I know you guys don’t seem to have plans for a hiking daypack in the works and if that’s the case this would be the next closest thing.

Follow me on Instagram!

@outside_chicago

@wright_in_the_midwest

Comment

Edited that it is at the top. Just not in Tapatalk app.

Last edited by djkindred; 03-08-2021, 11:00 AM.

Comment

The poll also shows up at the top of this thread.

Comment

Legitimately can’t find it! Tried viewing the forums in a browser in my smartphone and don’t see a poll link anywhere. Can anyone reply with a screenshot to show the location of the poll?

Follow me on Instagram!

@outside_chicago

@wright_in_the_midwest

Comment

Originally posted by Chicagoan View Post
                  Legitimately can’t find it! Tried viewing the forums in a browser in my smartphone and don’t see a poll link anywhere. Can anyone reply with a screenshot to show the location of the poll?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 11.15.03 AM.png
Views:	1
Size:	271.9 KB
ID:	308023

This is on a laptop browser - don't know of Tapatalk is showing it
                  I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Where do the Travel Trays / 3DOC Clear fit in the upcoming schedule?

Comment

I can see it on PC (chrome), Mac (safari) and iphone.

Comment

Originally posted by Chicagoan View Post

Chicagoan,
                        Forum polls do not get displayed under TapaTalk. If I’m in the TapaTalk app and I want to see it displayed, I have to tap “More” then tap “Web View” to display the forums as though I were using a web browser. Then I have to navigate back to the top of this thread in order to see this poll, which appears above Darcy’s first post.

The text content says:
                        Poll: Which packs would you like to see offered in the last Guide's Edition pre-order?
                        This poll will close on 03-15-2021 at 09:36 AM
                        The Guide's Pack
                        Guide's Edition Synapse 25
                        Guide's Edition Synik 22
                        Guide's Edition Synik 30

There are check boxes to the left of each of the four entries (which TapaTalk doesn’t support) and there are buttons for “Vote Now” and “Display Poll Results” (also not supported under TapaTalk) that allow you to register your vote after making a checkbox selection, and to view results after you have voted.

This works both on my iPad and on my iPhone. I can also access the forums through a web browser (Safari, Chrome) and view the poll.

HTH,

moriond

Comment

Tapatalk does not show the poll.

When I open the forums in a browser (Safari) on my smartphone (iPhone 12), it does not show.

I had to open the forums on a desktop in order to view and vote on the poll.

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but I’m fairly capable with computers and couldn’t manage to vote on anything but my desktop.

Follow me on Instagram!

@outside_chicago

@wright_in_the_midwest

Comment

Originally posted by dmoneysong View Post
                            Where do the Travel Trays / 3DOC Clear fit in the upcoming schedule?
                            dmoneysong,

See Darcy’s March 1 post. I’ll excerpt the relevant bit, but she answers lots of questions about multiple other items and where they fit in the current planning, so you should read the actual linked post for complete information:
                            Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                            We're focused on pre-orders right now (they may ship as soon as early April!) so we don't expect anything else to be restocked this week. The next restock will likely be the following bags: Synapse 19, Pop Tote, Large and Small Travel Trays, 3D Clear Organizer Cubes, Maker's Bag, and Icon.
                            A good way to navigate to the parent post if a section is quoted is to tap or click the arrow to the right at the top of the quote. Alternatively, when a post is linked, you click on the link to view the complete post.

Comment

Chicagoan,

You need to request the Desktop view of the Safari web site. I’m not running iOS 13, but the instructions are:
                              1.On your iPhone running iOS 13, open Safari and head to the website you'd like to see the desktop version of.

2.Wait a few moments for the page to fully load. ...

3.From the pop-up menu that appears, select "Request Desktop Site."

ETA: older instructions

How to request a desktop site on the iPhone?
                              Open the Safari browser and navigate to any website.
                              Once the website loads, click the “aA” icon available in the top corner positioned before the address bar. It opens the website view menu.
                              From the available options, choose the “Request Desktop Website” option.
                              Mar 30, 2020

Comment

Working...
                              X