Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,817   Posts: 191,188   Members: 6,711   Active Members: 264
Welcome to our newest member, Rangerjo.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Updates Coming on Wednesday (3/10)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seasidesprings
    replied
    Thank you kjquilts! The new version was driving me crazy!

Leave a comment:

• Surrealle
    replied
    Originally posted by kjquilts View Post

I was having the same problem on both my Ipad Pro and my Imac. I never selected the new version of the forum and actually prefer the old but hopefully when it is fully developed I'll like it better. Now that I realize old version still exists I scrolled to the very bottom of the page and on the left side there is a place where you can select a version .... selected Default vB5 Style and now it looks familiar and homey to me
    Thanks, I found that too after I realized it sounded optional from G42's comment

I think I'll like the new version better once it's finished, as the search function seems to work like it's supposed to, but for now I'll probably still use this one until it's done.

Leave a comment:

• kjquilts
    replied
    Originally posted by Surrealle View Post
    Thank you, G42. One more question—I’m on a mobile device (iPad mini w/Brave browser, though it’s the same on Safari too) and I was wondering if there’s any way to get back to the main forums or general bag section from within a post without having to go to the Menu, click Forums, then General Bag Discussion? If not, could there be?
    I was having the same problem on both my Ipad Pro and my Imac. I never selected the new version of the forum and actually prefer the old but hopefully when it is fully developed I'll like it better. Now that I realize old version still exists I scrolled to the very bottom of the page and on the left side there is a place where you can select a version .... selected Default vB5 Style and now it looks familiar and homey to me

Leave a comment:

• Surrealle
    replied
    Originally posted by G42 View Post

Ah, you're in the new theme that I don't think is 100% ready yet though I could have missed the announcement (I'm in the middle of packing up and moving, so things (and my brain) are hectic).
    Darcy - see post above, we do indeed seem to be missing the navigation in the new format
    If it’s still a work in progress then no worries, I just wasn’t sure if there was something wrong with my side of things. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied

Afraid not, this is all I see.. I have to click the 3 lines/Menu button, then Forums, then General Bag Discussion to get back.
    Ah, you're in the new theme that I don't think is 100% ready yet though I could have missed the announcement (I'm in the middle of packing up and moving, so things (and my brain) are hectic).
    Darcy - see post above, we do indeed seem to be missing the navigation in the new format

Leave a comment:

• Surrealle
    replied

Take a look at the top of your screen (scroll up) from reading this post... Hopefully near the top, you you'll see Forums/Tom Bihn Forums/General Bag Discussion Those are live links, not just "you're here" indicators...
    After you read this post, try clicking on General Bag Discussion up there... That should bring you back to the top of this subForum (not this thread)....
    That's how I cycle through to read all the latest posts for threads in a given subForum. If you click on the Tom Bihn Forum, it brings you to the top menu of all the subForums.
    Afraid not, this is all I see.. I have to click the 3 lines/Menu button, then Forums, then General Bag Discussion to get back.

Click image for larger version  Name:	D2328B14-4DB4-460A-A330-4931C87987F4.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	306.9 KB ID:	335615

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Thank you, G42. One more question—I’m on a mobile device (iPad mini w/Brave browser, though it’s the same on Safari too) and I was wondering if there’s any way to get back to the main forums or general bag section from within a post without having to go to the Menu, click Forums, then General Bag Discussion? If not, could there be?
    Take a look at the top of your screen (scroll up) from reading this post... Hopefully near the top, you you'll see Forums/Tom Bihn Forums/General Bag Discussion Those are live links, not just "you're here" indicators...
    After you read this post, try clicking on General Bag Discussion up there... That should bring you back to the top of this subForum (not this thread)....
    That's how I cycle through to read all the latest posts for threads in a given subForum. If you click on the Tom Bihn Forum, it brings you to the top menu of all the subForums.

Leave a comment:

• Surrealle
    replied

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Sigh.. Sorry mods, just locked another of my posts from editing it (in the 8/24 preorder thread).

Is there some kind of threshold for that? I feel bad when I do it because I never know when it's going to happen and then it's too late.
    TB is looking into what triggers it, just hang in there, we usually catch them within a couple hours.

Leave a comment:

• Surrealle
    replied
    Sigh.. Sorry mods, just locked another of my posts from editing it (in the 8/24 preorder thread).

Is there some kind of threshold for that? I feel bad when I do it because I never know when it's going to happen and then it's too late.

Leave a comment:

• Surrealle
    replied

The Forum indexing changed when the site moved. The bots that index websites seem to be catching up, so your best bet right now is probably to use google search outside the forum.
    Okay, thank you.

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Still having trouble with the search function.. I searched "EDC" and it appeared to only bring up results that were created or edited since around April of this year. Is there any way to get more scope with the results?

Edit: I tried playing around with the advanced search options and some of moriond's suggestions from before but they didn't help.
    The Forum indexing changed when the site moved. The bots that index websites seem to be catching up, so your best bet right now is probably to use google search outside the forum.

Leave a comment:

• Surrealle
    replied
    Still having trouble with the search function.. I searched "EDC" and it appeared to only bring up results that were created or edited since around April of this year. Is there any way to get more scope with the results?

Edit: I tried playing around with the advanced search options and some of moriond's suggestions from before but they didn't help.
    Last edited by Surrealle; 08-07-2021, 04:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Surrealle
    replied

And I just had to approve your reply... Had you tried to edit this last one?
    Yeah, sorry, it didn't let me finish my edits from the first time around. I didn't realize it would lock it again.

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied

Sorry for wording it poorly. I had commented, then went back to edit it and that's when it was flagged. So it does sound like the same as the others.

Thanks for the approval Darcy!
    And I just had to approve your reply... Had you tried to edit this last one?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X