Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,525   Posts: 187,785   Members: 6,486   Active Members: 307
Welcome to our newest member, ozzyrussell.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slight size adjustment to the Size 7 Brain Cell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slight size adjustment to the Size 7 Brain Cell?

Hello all,
    So after a quick query about a brain cell for my MSI Wind U100 (asking about the size 5) I discovered the Size 7 horizontal version is coming. Now after doing some quick calculations I found that dimensionally speaking the 188mm and 35 mm dimensions are spot on but the width (248mm) is about 12mm too narrow. So, might I humbly suggest stretching this dimension a tad bit? That way it could fit the MSI and a plethora of other netbooks. Thanks for listening to the rantings of a netbook addict. Can't wait to order my ID this weekend!

Cheers,
    Nik
    ID (Black/Steel/Wasabi) w/ Q-AM strap,Large Cafe Bag (Olive/Wasabi), Small Cafe Bag (Olive, Cayenne. It may be a gift!) Clear Quarter Cube (my version of the snake charmer), an Olive clear organizer wallet, and a slew of strapeez.

Hi Nik!

Modifying the Size 7 Brain Cell would mean ordering new corrugated plastic, side foam, etc. and it would end up being a whole new size. I know Tom is reviewing new sizes of Brain Cells and Soft Cells for the MSI Wind U100, so stay tuned.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Darcy,
      Fantastic news! Thank you. Maybe the timing will match the acquisition of my next Wind. I'm dreaming of a U115 Hybrid with SSD goodness. Thanks again.

Nik
      ID (Black/Steel/Wasabi) w/ Q-AM strap,Large Cafe Bag (Olive/Wasabi), Small Cafe Bag (Olive, Cayenne. It may be a gift!) Clear Quarter Cube (my version of the snake charmer), an Olive clear organizer wallet, and a slew of strapeez.

Comment

For me, it's the HP Mini Note 1000... which is 262x168x25 mm.

So the size 7 is _almost_ big enough... 14mm too short.

Comment

The other thing is ... it would be interesting to see a size 7 vertical brain cell (only, long enough to hold my HP mini note 1000). I think I'd rather have that than the horizontal.

Comment

My new Asus eeePC 901 should be in my hands in a couple more days, and I'm glad to hear there's a brain cell on the way that will fit it; the size 7 should have a cm or two to spare in each dimension.

However, I agree with johnkzin; I'd prefer to have it sit vertically. I think it would make better use of space in a horizontal bag (like the Empire Builder), although I suppose I'll have to get one to find out for sure. I saved just about enough money by waiting this long to get a 901 to cover the price of an EB and brain cell, too.

Comment

Originally posted by chappel View Post
              M
              However, I agree with johnkzin; I'd prefer to have it sit vertically.
              Don't get your hopes up for a vertical size 7 brain cell. I posted a question about making one here over half a year ago and got no response.

http://forums.tombihn.com/showthread.php?t=1515

And if this non existing vertical size 7 brain bag was made just 12-14cm taller I think we'd all be happy.

Comment

heh. Since posting that, my HP order got cancelled ... and I wound up with a Dell Vostro A90 (the all black business unit version of the Dell Mini 9). I also upgraded my gadget bag from a Maxpedition Colossus to a Maxpedition Sitka... so, a size 7 horizontal braincell is probably just fine for me now (though, it might actually be a slightly tight fit in the Sitka, I'm not sure yet).

It would still be nice to see a vertical version though, if I ever decide to carry the Colosses for a day or something.

Comment

Working...
                X