Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,532   Posts: 187,845   Members: 6,495   Active Members: 285
Welcome to our newest member, coorysmith.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TB Anticipation Syndrome

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just acquired a black/steel synapse 25, black/black/steel smart Alec, upper pocket for the SA, two 3d clear organizers and a double organizer! My husband and I looooove our choices.

Too bad the s25 had a missing waist strap

...I just placed a second order for more goods for us and my mother in law...I think that I am developing a problem
    Attached Files

Comment

My latest TB box has arrived!

Click image for larger version

Name:	_7304764.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	520.1 KB
ID:	292910

Travel Laundry Stuff Sack for A30 (for the wife)
      Steel/UV Aeronaut 30 (for the wife)
      Pilot in 400d Steel/Steel
      Side Effect in Black/UV
      16" Solar key strap (which I now realize I already have one of... d'oh)
      Coyote Mini Pouch
      Forest Q-Kit

Time for some practice packing!
      Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Comment

Originally posted by Pangifone View Post
        Got my packages! New bags, new shoes, happy Friday! I've already decided that the black dyneema on my LCB goes perfectly with my Keens.

I'm still not sure on the size, though, so... I may have ordered a black dyneema / UV MCB last night...
        And now that one is out for delivery!! My last order brought me my very first pocket pouch, and I think it's just wonderful, so I decided to order a few more. Since I already successfully secured an aubergine/ultraviolet one, I decided to go wild and not be super specific in the colors. I asked for, "Something girly." So now on top of regular TBAS, there's curiosity for what colors I get, and seeing how the crew interprets the idea of "girly."

Of course, I'm working late tonight.

But I'll post pictures when I get home!
        Does it come in purple?

Comment

Yeah ! My a30 arrived! Will post pix and details later.

Comment

Ordered several items headlined by the Synapse 19. The steel RFID passport holder is on backorder for a month so my wait will be longer, but that color is worth it.

Comment

And now that one is out for delivery!! My last order brought me my very first pocket pouch, and I think it's just wonderful, so I decided to order a few more. Since I already successfully secured an aubergine/ultraviolet one, I decided to go wild and not be super specific in the colors. I asked for, "Something girly." So now on top of regular TBAS, there's curiosity for what colors I get, and seeing how the crew interprets the idea of "girly."

Of course, I'm working late tonight.

But I'll post pictures when I get home!
              My girly pocket pouches are here!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140730_191816.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	573.0 KB
ID:	292912Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140730_191824.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	653.0 KB
ID:	292913

Pictures with and without flash.

I believe the colors are, from left to right:
              * Aubergine/Ultraviolet (the one I got last week)
              * Kiwi/Ultraviolet
              * Forest/Wasabi
              * Navy/Solar
              * Aubergine/Iberian

Love 'em! Pictures never really do them justice, but I'm noticing that especially with the kiwi. It's really beautiful in person, and kinda blah in my picture. (Blame to the photography "skills", not to the fabric!)
              Does it come in purple?

Comment

Woah, there's something about that Aubergine/Iberian combo that's simply begging to be shown off. A Side Effect to start, maybe, and prove the concept

Comment

Originally posted by ClaireJ View Post
                  Woah, there's something about that Aubergine/Iberian combo that's simply begging to be shown off. A Side Effect to start, maybe, and prove the concept
                  Many people complain about these two colors together. I'm not one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pictures never really do them justice, but I'm noticing that especially with the kiwi.
                    Kiwi never turns out right in photos

Re Aubergine/Iberian-- what a pleasant surprise that they work together! So much so that I asked for one in my latest order D:

Comment

Wheee! My Night flight has shipped! I'll get it time to use it along with my Tristar for my trip in just under two weeks!

Comment

My girly pocket pouches are here!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7809[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7810[/ATTACH]

Pictures with and without flash.

I believe the colors are, from left to right:
                        * Aubergine/Ultraviolet (the one I got last week)
                        * Kiwi/Ultraviolet
                        * Forest/Wasabi
                        * Navy/Solar
                        * Aubergine/Iberian

Love 'em! Pictures never really do them justice, but I'm noticing that especially with the kiwi. It's really beautiful in person, and kinda blah in my picture. (Blame to the photography "skills", not to the fabric!)
                        they are beautiful, but will you use them for? I have held off ordering because not sure if I would actually use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii View Post
                          they are beautiful, but will you use them for? I have held off ordering because not sure if I would actually use it.
                          I have 3 of these babies. I use 2 for key-cards. I have gate-controlled access to my townhouse, and also to our community pool. Pocket pouches work great for this function because you can attach them quickly to anything, such as keyring, TB wrist strap, pool bag (aka Shop Bag), etc. The third one (which was actually my first one) is for business cards. I have it in the front pocket of my work bag (aka Imago).
                          Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Comment

I don't have a use for one either, but I threw one into my basket when I saw Aubergine/Iberian because PRETTYYYYY.

;_;

Comment

I am rethinking my packing strategy, and saw the pretty pictures of the pocket pouches above. I started with a couple of those, then added some travel stuff sacks so that I can sort by color in addition to size. That's how it starts....

Comment

Originally posted by kkintea View Post
                                I have 3 of these babies. I use 2 for key-cards. I have gate-controlled access to my townhouse, and also to our community pool. Pocket pouches work great for this function because you can attach them quickly to anything, such as keyring, TB wrist strap, pool bag (aka Shop Bag), etc. The third one (which was actually my first one) is for business cards. I have it in the front pocket of my work bag (aka Imago).
                                Originally posted by adalangdon View Post
                                I don't have a use for one either, but I threw one into my basket when I saw Aubergine/Iberian because PRETTYYYYY.

;_;
                                @Hawaii I use the Pocket Pouch to store short travel cables that I can easily access because via the opening. you can see this described, along with other suggestionsm in the Bike mutli-tool in Tom Bihn Pocket Pouch thread. As @kkintea commented, the Pocket Pouches can also be used for access key cards (could be for a hotel room, when you're traveling, or an institution that you're visiting).

HTH moriond

ETA: I may as well also give the link to the Travel Cables thread where @dwright asked for recommendations about the specific cables used in my earlier Pocket Pouch post.
                                Last edited by moriond; 07-31-2014, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X