Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,996   Posts: 193,770   Members: 6,894   Active Members: 244
Welcome to our newest member, gojonnie.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TB Anticipation Syndrome

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLB
    replied
    Is there any hope for a restocked Trucksana this year?

Leave a comment:

• organicfarmer
    replied
    I am waiting with great anticipation for when my pre-order arrives in the next month or two. I don't remember exactly everything that I bought so it will be a fun surprise when it arrives. So exciting.

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by gqb View Post
    Autocorrect strikes again!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
    Actually, by the time the Cardinal Tri-Star debuted in June 2011, they had already changed over to the triangular connection points for the shoulder strap. The Tri-Star video from 2013 was simply an easy place to grab a view of the attachment point. (It’s also got my favorite Daniel L.K. Caldwell video music track — the compilation that he made for Tom BIHN is downloadable; the Tri-Star uses track #3). They used the same shoulder strap attachment points for the older Empire Builder and (retired) Zephyr briefcases. (These are metal rather than plastic).

My Tri-Star (Indigo/Solar) is from the first production batch, and the one you won in your eBay auction may have a similar pedigree! And BTW, I use multiple language keyboards so I accordingly get more instances of autocorrect. (The “diffère” where I meant to type “difference” came from my French AZERTY keyboard)

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 03-05-2021, 07:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• gqb
    replied
    Looks like mine is Crimson, from the period 2009 - 2013, thank you motioned [emoji3]

Autocorrect strikes again!

Leave a comment:

• gqb
    replied
    Looks like mine is Crimson, from the period 2009 - 2013, thank you motioned [emoji3]

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Whoops, I just accidentally bought an old school red tri star on EBay! I put in the lowest possible bid thinking someone else would win and I would go away happy, thinking they wanted it more than me. Did not expect to win! [emoji2]
    Now we wait for it to arrive. I may post pics here as I'm not sure whether it is crimson or cardinal. Reversed zippers, triangle logo, steel interior, old style strap attachments.

Here’s the diffère between Crimson (left) and Cardinal (right)

Click image for larger version  Name:	3DC85833-2371-4DF0-8236-1FCF37C23690.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	12.4 KB ID:	330326
    ETA: I’m not sure what “old style strap attachments” means. But this is what the attachment points for the shoulder strap looked like when the Tri-Star debuted in 2009:
    (From Practical Hacks First take: Tom Bihn Tri-Star)

This is what the attachment points looked like in the 2013 Tri-Star video, Stephan's bags/accessories from the Tri-Star video. Note: I prefer to reference this later blog post which identifies all the accessories that appear in the video, instead of the earlier blog post that only references the video itself. I screen captured one of the shots near the end of the video that shows the attachment point for shoulder straps.

Click image for larger version  Name:	EE4C37E6-7308-48EC-BC00-C00A161726CD.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	399.3 KB ID:	308020
    Last edited by moriond; 03-26-2021, 04:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gqb
    replied
    Whoops, I just accidentally bought an old school red tri star on EBay! I put in the lowest possible bid thinking someone else would win and I would go away happy, thinking they wanted it more than me. Did not expect to win! [emoji2]
    Now we wait for it to arrive. I may post pics here as I'm not sure whether it is crimson or cardinal. Reversed zippers, triangle logo, steel interior, old style strap attachments.

Leave a comment:

• jMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeon View Post

What is most interesting to me is that I was OBSESSED for years with Burnt Orange, but all my bags of late have been Black or Black Halcyon, which clearly pairs well with Burnt Orange. I even have regrets about not picking up a small Yeoman in black (but I don't need two and I love my Burnt Orange one to death). I haven't even thought about ordering anything in Burnt Orange, even all my wishlist items are black ballistic or halcyon.
    I think your obsession with burnt orange floated onto me. Today I ordered a Mars Red GWOP because I had it in my wishlist not knowing/thinking the re-stock would include Burnt Orange. I only noticed that color after I had ordered the red. A moment of doubt crept over me, but then I was okay I got red anyways, wanting to try it out and have various colors in my bag. Still waiting to pre-order a burnt orange Small Cafe bag though!

Leave a comment:

• Aeon
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeon View Post
    This is my first order since 2018, which is wild b/c it doesn't feel like that long. I've been wanting a Black Halcyon wallet #4 for a while, but it sold out as I was checking out.
    Update!

I saw that the Black Halcyon #4 Wallet came back in stock a couple of hours later, so I emailed the Crew and asked if it can be changed. Kat confirmed that the swap could be made. Yassss!!!! *happy dancing*

Leave a comment:

• dmoneysong
    replied
    moriond excellent ideas...I like the snack charmer lol. I was thinking paracord kit or catch-all bag near the center console of my car. Maybe I should pick up one more snake charmer

Leave a comment:

• tessa.vanz
    replied
    Originally posted by moriond View Post
    dmoneysong,
    At it’s simplest, many people use the Small Snake Charmer in cases where they might want the functionality of up to two 3D Organizers Cubes stacked together, but with the ability to pack this accessory down when that much combined depth is not needed.

But there are a lot of other uses that we’ve seen: terayon’s Small Snake Charmer as a knitting project bag

(more images in linked post) eWalker’s Snake Charmer as Medicine Bag

The larger snake charmer has been featured asSnake Charmer: the perfect bag for this nurse! because it can fit a stethoscope

And there have been many references to “snack chamber” as an alternative title. Earliest alternate popular use (of the larger snake charmer) was Janine's Diaper Charmer!!!!! thread and later follow-up discussions elsewhere.

HTH

moriond

ETA: Plus multiple suggested uses as a Dopp Kit fir toiletries. And read through the Advantages of a Snake Charmer? thread
    My goodness; I've never seen it used as a nurse bag before... I thought my order was complete but I may need to tack on a large snake charmer now!
    Last edited by tessa.vanz; 02-26-2021, 12:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wanderlust77
    replied
    Originally posted by moriond View Post
    dmoneysong,
    At it’s simplest, many people use the Small Snake Charmer in cases where they might want the functionality of up to two 3D Organizers Cubes stacked together, but with the ability to pack this accessory down when that much combined depth is not needed.

But there are a lot of other uses that we’ve seen: terayon’s Small Snake Charmer as a knitting project bag

The larger snake charmer has been featured asSnake Charmer: the perfect bag for this nurse! because it can fit a stethoscope

And there have been many references to “snack chamber” as an alternative title. Earliest alternate popular use (of the larger snake charmer) was Janine's Diaper Charmer!!!!! thread and later follow-up discussions elsewhere.

HTH

moriond

ETA: Plus multiple suggested uses as a Dopp Kit fir toiletries
    dmoneysong I plan to put the large UV into my Swift to use as a small projects kit, but haven’t figured out exactly how use the others. Thank you for the other excellent ideas moriond!

Leave a comment:

• pammy
    replied
    Originally posted by tuskegee7294 View Post
    ...gonna have to sell some bags to offset this lol.
    Nice haul. The fourth time will be the charm, I'm sure.

I didn’t buy much today, just large and small Snake Charmers in Solaris and a super mini Mars GW. But I did substantial credit card damage when I placed five separate preorders earlier in the month. I keep thinking I should cull my TB herd, but I would hate to have seller’s remorse, and so the collection grows.

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by dmoneysong View Post
    Nice haul!
    How do you plan to use your snake charmers? I picked up a small but don't intend to use it as a tech pouch because I already invested in a rather pricey one. I'm brainstorming ideas to find some non-tech ways to use the SC.
    dmoneysong,

HTH

moriond

ETA: Plus multiple suggested uses as a Dopp Kit fir toiletries. And read through the Advantages of a Snake Charmer? thread
    Last edited by moriond; 02-26-2021, 11:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tessa.vanz
    replied
    Originally posted by ksci17 View Post
    I scored an aubergine truck, A5 viridian ghost whale, small nebulous recycled ghost whale, mini seapine ghost whale (I already have a altraviolet mini ghost whale at hone plus altraviolet and seapine pickup trucks in my preorder). I think they will all look lovely together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're one of the few who scored one of the aubergine trucks! Congrats. UV and seapine should look wonderful together!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X