Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,996   Posts: 193,770   Members: 6,894   Active Members: 242
Welcome to our newest member, gojonnie.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TB Anticipation Syndrome

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ksci17
    replied
    TB Anticipation Syndrome

I scored an aubergine truck, A5 viridian ghost whale, small nebulous recycled ghost whale, mini seapine ghost whale (I already have a Alphaviolet mini ghost whale at hone plus Alphaviolet and seapine pickup trucks in my preorder). I think they will all look lovely together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ksci17; 02-26-2021, 11:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tuskegee7294
    replied
    Spent more than I had originally planned (caved and purchased a Synapse 25 for like the 4th time).

And this doesn’t include my preorder of the Black Halcyon Side Effect, Monster Truck and DLPCSB Cerylon...gonna have to sell some bags to offset this lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• tessa.vanz
    replied
    I have a combined pre-order (incl. HLT2 in Tidal, cubelet in Solaris, PCSB in Taiga) with a friend but we placed another order today because I'm so impatient! Up in Canada but UPS expedited is super quick so I'm hoping to have the goodies first week of March (depending when TB ships it).
    I ordered:
    - Synik 22 (Black Halcyon/Taiga)
    - Small Snake Charmer (Tidal)
    - Travel Stuff Sack size 4 (UV)
    - Ghost Whale Small (Seapine)
    - Ghost Whale Super Mini (Coyote)
    - assorted parts

I haven't placed an order since 2019 and I'm SO EXCITED. I've never owned a synapse or synik - but my DLBP is just lacking organization for my current needs; really looking forward to having a more functional EDC
    Last edited by tessa.vanz; 02-26-2021, 10:47 AM. Reason: grammar

Leave a comment:

• dmoneysong
    replied
    Originally posted by Wanderlust77 View Post
    I was able to get 4 Snake Charmers (Large Tidal & UV and Small Acuity & Taiga), Nik’s Wallet #5 (Black Ballistic), and 3 GWOPs (2 Small Coyote Mesh, 1 Mini Black Ballistic, 1 Super Mini Black Mesh, to be added to my pre-order.
    Nice haul!
    How do you plan to use your snake charmers? I picked up a small but don't intend to use it as a tech pouch because I already invested in a rather pricey one. I'm brainstorming ideas to find some non-tech ways to use the SC.

Leave a comment:

• Wanderlust77
    replied
    I was able to get 4 Snake Charmers (Large Tidal & UV and Small Acuity & Taiga), Nik’s Wallet #5 (Black Ballistic), and 3 GWOPs (2 Small Coyote Mesh, 1 Mini Black Ballistic, 1 Super Mini Black Mesh, to be added to my pre-order.

Leave a comment:

• Aeon
    replied
    This is my first order since 2018, which is wild b/c it doesn't feel like that long. I've been wanting a Black Halcyon wallet #4 for a while, but it sold out as I was checking out.

I got:
    Nik's Minimalist Wallet #4, Black 210d
    Ghost Whale, Super Mini, Black 210d
    Colored Zipper Ghost Whale, Mini, Black 210/NWS zip
    Handle Loop w/Snap Hook (I've been using my Halcyon Side Kick as a planner pouch and quickly found out that I need a handle loop b/c I'm always moving it here and there all day long)
    V2 Reusable Mask, Black Twill

What is most interesting to me is that I was OBSESSED for years with Burnt Orange, but all my bags of late have been Black or Black Halcyon, which clearly pairs well with Burnt Orange. I even have regrets about not picking up a small Yeoman in black (but I don't need two and I love my Burnt Orange one to death). I haven't even thought about ordering anything in Burnt Orange, even all my wishlist items are black ballistic or halcyon.

Leave a comment:

• Selcouth
    replied
    Added a bunch of items to my pre-order: Solaris Small Snake Charmer, Coyote Size 4 Travel Stuff Sack, and then a dive into Ghost Whales with a Black Mesh Super Mini, Black 210 Mini, and Burnt Orange Small.

Leave a comment:

• RosemaryOrchard
    replied
    I was good today, just a mini Ghost Whale in Mars Red. Added that to the two other orders which contain pre-ordered items though

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Ordered a Small Snake Charmer (didn't originally get into these, but now find them super useful) in Tidal, a Large in Solaris (never tried a large, still on the fence about it), more V6 masks, and a Truck in 630 Nebulous
    Since I'm fortunate to be relatively close for shipping, I opted to have these shipped now instead of waiting for my pre-order to ship.

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by b1gsky View Post
    I just saw the video of the Tidal EC on Instagram and now I’m really happy that I ordered the SE in this color after all. Such a pretty color.
    For people who want to view the Instagram video of the Tidal and Acuity Everyday Cubelet without having to have a login to Facebook or Instagram, this link seems to work. You have to activate the play button on the image to see the video.

HTH,

moriond

ETA: That’s probably the best color comparison that I’ve seen of Tidal and Acuity Halcyon, since not only are they displayed side by side, but the video rotates through different viewing angles so that you can see how the colors compare in different lighting angles
    Last edited by moriond; 02-13-2021, 07:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Originally posted by dmoneysong View Post
    Hi. First time TB customer. Been lurking the forums prior to the presale and all your posts past and present has helped tremendously.
    Welcome to the Forums dmoneysong !

Hope you enjoy your goodies - be sure to let us all know how they work out for you!

Leave a comment:

• dmoneysong
    replied
    Hi. First time TB customer. Been lurking the forums prior to the presale and all your posts past and present has helped tremendously.

Preordered:
    Synik30 Deep Blue/Solaris. Hoping this will end my search for the perfect bag.
    Sidekick Ursa/Acuity. Sorry if this was answered, but does the SK fit in the bottom chin pocket of the Synik30?
    PCSB Taiga. Taiga is spicy!

Can't wait to get that 'Your package has shipped' email.
    What did you guys pick up during the preorder?

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by G42 View Post
    Once the pre-orders start shipping out, keep an eye out every late afternoon/evening for returns being restocked and/or contact the fine folks in Customer Service at that time, to see if any Solaris is returned.

The Solaris, Taigas, Tidal, etc. are all limited time fabric colours.
    It’s going to depend on whether they update the product pages with those colors as to whether you can check directly for returns going into stock. Another suggestion: if items go into regular production and sell out, it can still be worthwhile to go back and check the product pages for some of these items. When people make quantity errors (like adding the same item to their cart twice) and don’t catch this before checking out, but ask customer support to fix this, the reconciliation in the inventory can take place later.

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Originally posted by Selcouth View Post
    I pre-ordered a Synik 30 in Black/Solaris as an upgrade to my Black/Wasabi Synapse 25. Yellow is my favorite color so I'm psyched I was able to get an order in. I also grabbed a size 1 HLT in Solaris but I'm upset with myself that I didn't go for more. I probably would have picked up a Cubelet and maybe a Packing Cube Shoulder Bag. I didn't realize the Solaris offerings would be gone with the pre-orders. Thankfully the Snake Charmers still show Solaris in production so I'll try to grab one of those when they're ready. I can't wait!
    Once the pre-orders start shipping out, keep an eye out every late afternoon/evening for returns being restocked and/or contact the fine folks in Customer Service at that time, to see if any Solaris is returned.

The Solaris, Taigas, Tidal, etc. are all limited time fabric colours.

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by b1gsky View Post
    I just saw the video of the Tidal EC on Instagram and now I’m really happy that I ordered the SE in this color after all. Such a pretty color.
    If you saved the Tidal Side Effect to your wishlist, you can access the picture even though it’s not up on the product page now:

I added an HLT1 in Tidal to my order before the preorder closed.
    Last edited by moriond; 02-11-2021, 09:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X