Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,276   Posts: 197,764   Members: 7,230   Active Members: 173
Welcome to our newest member, FrodoBaggin.

TB Anticipation Syndrome

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • backpack
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Walker View Post
    @backpack, here is the SK, FJN and DSK:

The empty SK fits inside the FJN. But inside the FJN, I had put the pack of neena paper that I ordered with the FJN:

I gave away my TS/WF PCB (iberian). But, the width of my A45 PCB accommodates the width of the DLBP:

Laid on top of the A45 PCB:

So I am guessing that the TS/WF PCB may swallow the DLBP.

Finally DSK and SK inside the pockets of the DLBP:
    DSK fits in the bottom pocket loaded horizontally. SK fits in the top pocket loaded vertically. Both are empty in the photos below. I was not paying attention so the DSK is upside down. But I checked, it fits right side up. It is shorter a bit than the pocket, so it will not stick out:

OH goody! Thank you, Walker!

The Wish List is getting longer and longer.

Dear Lovely Crew, please, please, please! (James Brown style for best effect), could you bring the "sort of new items" soon.
    I have a feeling that more addition to the Wish List will be added.

Darcy we are counting on you for some hints!
    Last edited by backpack; 04-06-2015, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• tuskegee7294
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2015

Yay!!! Here it is, my black/steel CP w/absolute shoulder strap, UV 4TSS, Iberian 3TSS and ultrasuede cloth...I'm so happy.

Sent from Shai's phone
      "Go forward and never lose sight of your dreams."

SE (2), SC, DLBP (2), Swift, LS, Spiff Kit, SK, SCB, MCB, LCB, LSB, SSB (2), PT, FJN (2), Pilot, BB, Synik 22, Strap Keepers, Synik 30, TT (6), TSS (lots), COW, PCSB, 3DOC (2), Smart Alec, Cubelet, Pocket Pouch, GWP and other pouches/cubes

Comment

• SIM
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by tuskegee7294 View Post
        Yay!!! Here it is, my black/steel CP w/absolute shoulder strap, UV 4TSS, Iberian 3TSS and ultrasuede cloth...I'm so happy.

Sent from Shai's phone
        I have the exact same CP and strap combo coming on Friday. So excited.

Comment

• marytattoo
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2015

My stuff came today. I posted it elsewhere - retail therapy. My CP is blue, with the Absolute.

Comment

• tuskegee7294
            Forum Member
            • Mar 2015

I almost got the blue one (it's my favorite color) but I thought it better to get a color that will go well with whatever I have on and no matter where I am.

Sent from Shai's phone

SE (2), SC, DLBP (2), Swift, LS, Spiff Kit, SK, SCB, MCB, LCB, LSB, SSB (2), PT, FJN (2), Pilot, BB, Synik 22, Strap Keepers, Synik 30, TT (6), TSS (lots), COW, PCSB, 3DOC (2), Smart Alec, Cubelet, Pocket Pouch, GWP and other pouches/cubes

Comment

• jennygoat
              Forum Member
              • Feb 2012

I'm obsessed with blue shoes. It started with some Duckfeet boots I got last winter and today a pair of blue Clarks sandals should be delivered (and I have 3 other pair of blue shoes bought in between). I don't think I'd get a blue bag, however. Well...maybe something in Nordic if it should ever cross my path.

It's exciting to live vicariously through this thread. I think I've settled on a Coyote CP and a Steel SE. We'll see when it's actually time to pull the trigger/click submit!

Comment

• marytattoo
                Forum Member
                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by tuskegee7294 View Post
                I almost got the blue one (it's my favorite color) but I thought it better to get a color that will go well with whatever I have on and no matter where I am.

Sent from Shai's phone
                I wear a LOT of jeans! But I've been on a roll, so am not stuck with one color. Swifts, DLBPs,MCB, PU (another on the way),LCB on the way. And SEs and TTs and TSSs etc.

Comment

• tuskegee7294
                  Forum Member
                  • Mar 2015

This addiction is real, lol. Just bought a S25 on eBay and since I did that I'm giving hubby my SA (he's now in the process of ordering TB online). Now the wait begins again...

Sent from Shai's phone

Comment

• adalangdon
                    Forum Member
                    • May 2014

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                    I like to keep my sweater (a light ibex hoodie) in this ultralight mesh pouch - a gift from a friend from Japan.
                    I recognise that pouch! It's mesh with some floral cotton embroidery, isn't it? Saw a whole range of them on display in Mitsukoshi in Tokyo last December. They are gorgeous. We were tempted to get one, but they were very expensive relative to the materials used and I wasn't sure if the mesh or embroidery would hold up in either my or my mother's bags. I would so love to make my own, though.
                    Last edited by adalangdon; 04-10-2015, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• Walker
                      Forum Member
                      • May 2011

@alangdon, yes! The pouch is made of mesh with floral embroidery.

My friend gifted me with 2 of them - the white one in the photo and another in black. That was 5 years ago come July.

When I first received them, I did not think much of them - the mesh material and the zipper looked and felt flimsy. I felt guilty because they were gifts and I guessed that they were expensive.

But I have been nicely surprised. They have held up well and they still look "brand new" after all these years. The white one lives in my EDC work bag.

I use both to coral my sweaters like you see in the photo. They fits nice and flat in my EDC work bag - CP/Pilot, (moved to DLBC this week). I also use them as toiletry kit ( to be replaced by my new SSK). I do not travel as much as folks on the forum and I not carry much toiletries when I do. I do not use make-up, except for lip gloss sunscreen. If not flying, I also used them to carry my prescription meds.

I like how featherweight they are. And, as I discovered, they are more sturdy than they look! Made in Japan

If I lived or travelled to Japan (it is on my bucket list), I would buy more of them. Do they come in different sizes?
                      Last edited by Walker; 04-11-2015, 01:59 AM.

Comment

• SIM
                        Forum Member
                        • Jan 2015

My new CP arrived yesterday afternoon. Boring but practical black with the Absolute Strap. It was all I could think about all afternoon at work. I kept checking my Deliveries App on my iPhone hoping for an update saying that it had been delivered. No such luck before I left work.

UPS must have been behind schedule. It didn't arrive until 4:56. We were standing on the driveway talking to the neighbor lady and watching her kids pet our beagle Norm. I met the UPS lady at the street and scurried into the house to open my prize. In looking at the the delivery confirmation online this morning it says: "Met Customer Woman" for "Where Left". I am for sure way dude....and not a woman. That would be a pretty hard mistake to make.

I quickly switched my stuff from my LCB because we had 6:00 dinner reservations and wanted to take it along. When I got home from dinner I attached the zipper cord thingies but was pretty pooped and didn't spend any time exploring the bag.

This morning I discovered/realized a couple of things. 1) There are two o-rings on the outside wall of the main compartment. I missed those last night. I was disappointed that I thought there was only one on the inside wall and thought that would make it a challenge to get my iPad out when I have (4) small Organizer pouches in the main compartment pockets and wanted them tethered. It took me a full cup of coffee this morning to find them. It's scary how excited I was. I immediately got my small organizer pouches secured. 2) I love that there are four pen slots. Pen, mechanical pencil, sharpie and highlighter all have their own homes.

I now feel pretty much fully prepared for our trip to Italy in 30 days. I just wish I could jump in a time machine and make those 30 days pass more quickly.

Steve

Comment

• flaneuse
                          Forum Member
                          • Dec 2013

Yay Steve, glad you got the CP and love it! You all will have a fabulous time in Italy. We are going to Lago di Garda in June.

My MCB in Linen/ steel arrived this week and I finally got to carry it today, out for a shopping trip downtown. Love it! The linen is a little more tan that I had expected, I think it tends to wash out in photos. It's a perfect neutral for me. I cut the plastic shoulder pad off bc it felt like it might snag my clothes, and promptly installed the ultra suede shoulder strap wrap. The MCB held my SE, a 3DCQPC, and a SYSS, plus a LSB folded and tucked into the back open pocket.

Comment

• bchaplin
                            Forum Member
                            • Sep 2010

TB Anticipation Syndrome

I would be interested in seeing a comparison of linen, grey and black. I love my CoPilot as an EDC, and in general strongly prefer bags with zippers, but do feel that it has a "luggagy" appearance. I started debating again on a better choice as a touring bag for Europe. I wonder how the linen or grey colored MCB's would look on a woman; I had a black one many years ago, but never quite got comfortable with it.

Last year I had great success using my Daylight Backpack on a tour of Israel, and the plan was to take that again, but I keep wondering, after the recent discussions, if that will be a problem for museums in Germany and Belgium.
                            Last edited by bchaplin; 04-11-2015, 05:56 AM.
                            ----
                            All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
                            Edmund Burke

Comment

• flaneuse
                              Forum Member
                              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by bchaplin View Post
                              I would be interested in seeing a comparison of linen, grey and black. I love my CoPilot as an EDC, and in general strongly prefer bags with zippers, but do feel that it has a "luggagy" appearance. I started debating again on a better choice as a touring bag for Europe. I wonder how the linen or grey colored MCB's would look on a woman; I had a black one many years ago, but never quite got comfortable with it.

Last year I had great success using my Daylight Backpack on a tour of Israel, and the plan was to take that again, but I keep wondering, after the recent discussions, if that will be a problem for museums in Germany and Belgium.
                              I will try to post some photos today or tomorrow. I feel the same way about the CP... I have navy ballistic /solar and although it is super handy, it does read a bit "lunch boxy" to me. I keep it though bc for flights it is great, and it works well for me as an overnight bag. I think I'd probably enjoy it more in dyneema, but I'm just not ready to sell it and repurchase.

I don't think the DLBP would be too much of a problem here in Germany, as long as it is not overstuffed. Most museums have lockers available, so we usually stash our jackets and larger bags there, and run around with smaller bags.

Comment

• flaneuse
                                Forum Member
                                • Dec 2013

Here are two photos- linen MCB against a black backdrop, and against a white one, with a steel ballistic SE. I think the photo with the white backdrop captures the linen color best.

Also, meant to add that I adore the new label! I am not sure if these are "new" or just new to me, but I like them a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X