Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,954   Posts: 193,108   Members: 6,829   Active Members: 288
Welcome to our newest member, andyiowa.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TB Anticipation Syndrome

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not getting the picture.

Comment

No it is not just you. I can only see it, when clicking on it. We had the same thing earlier this day. Moriond had worked some magic I hope this time around I'll understand what she actually did.

Ilkyway
      “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Since I'm on my phone, no real option to click. Touch doesn't do it.

Comment

Sorry, It's not showing up for me even on click, since I wasn't on line and reading posts early enough to catch @flaneuse's posted attachment, though I did read the earlier request by @bchaplin. If the image isn't there when you read it, there's nothing you can do to retrieve it.

moriond

Comment

Hey, moriond, I'm sure that photo will get fixed eventually. In the meantime, I looked at some that you posted earlier, and they were very helpful. So maybe you can help me answer this question.

For someone whose (ahem) three pairs of travel pants are black (1) and khaki colored, (2) and whose other bags are mostly Nordic, aubergine and black dyneema, would you recommend linen or grey in a cafe bag?
            ----
            All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
            Edmund Burke

Comment

If we're voting, I'd say GREY.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428782799.194044.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	419.5 KB
ID:	296148

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Comment

Originally posted by bchaplin View Post
                I would be interested in seeing a comparison of linen, grey and black. I love my CoPilot as an EDC, and in general strongly prefer bags with zippers, but do feel that it has a "luggagy" appearance. I started debating again on a better choice as a touring bag for Europe. I wonder how the linen or grey colored MCB's would look on a woman; I had a black one many years ago, but never quite got comfortable with it.

Last year I had great success using my Daylight Backpack on a tour of Israel, and the plan was to take that again, but I keep wondering, after the recent discussions, if that will be a problem for museums in Germany and Belgium.
                Wondering if you've looked at the PU. While it looks big, it hangs very nicely against one's hip. Additionally, i am able to fit a SE in a front gusset pocket, leaving the large center pocket free for tablets, jackets, etc. I think Tamica did an excellent review, but I'm not yet skilled enough here to retrieve it.

Comment

Gray would be my vote too. Linen has quite a greenish tint to it and therefor would work with your khaki pants I guess but the grey would go flawlessly with each of your colors. (That at least is how I see it.)

Ilkyway

PS: The picture is gone for me too now. So I should have graped it earlier when I could still see it? Maybe flaneuse will post it again?
                  “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

Comment

TB Anticipation Syndrome

I vote for grey too. Emphatically! Linen is an earthy, wet sand color and probably won't go with the Nordic so well, thought I think it'd be ok with aubergine. Both colors are lovely neutrals, though.

(Up at 5am due to a really bad nightmare- back to sleep now!)

Comment

I agree with grey. Linen does go a bit better with khaki (I was pulling out my pants to check), but grey goes better with your other bags, and as a neutral color should be OK with khaki. Linen works better for instances when I want to have bags go with my hemp Little Swift, that I carry a lot.

moriond

Comment

Thanks, folks!
                        @abalangdon, Sorry about the circumstances but I appreciate the response.
                        ----
                        All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
                        Edmund Burke

Comment

Newbie in Georgia completely understands because it takes a week, sometimes more, for my stuff to arrive. I hate that the FJN is on backorder until late this month which means I probably won't see mine until early next month.
                          "Go forward and never lose sight of your dreams."

SE (2), SC, DLBP (2), Swift, LS, Spiff Kit, SK, SCB, MCB, LCB, LSB, SSB (2), PT, FJN (2), Pilot, BB, Synik 22, Strap Keepers, Synik 30, TT (6), TSS (lots), COW, PCSB, 3DOC (2), Smart Alec, Cubelet, Pocket Pouch, GWP and other pouches/cubes

Comment

Originally posted by adalangdon View Post
                            (Up at 5am due to a really bad nightmare- back to sleep now!)
                            Don't let the examen-stress get to you too hard! Pressing all my thumps very hard for you over here!

Ilkyway

Comment

I vote grey too. I am kicking myself for not getting a grey DLBC rather than my tried and true dyneema. It is a gorgeous color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So strange that the photo dissapeared. Let me try again.

Linen MCB

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	379.1 KB
ID:	296159

Comment

Working...
                                X