Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,576   Posts: 188,295   Members: 6,534   Active Members: 280
Welcome to our newest member, Skysarwer.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TB Anticipation Syndrome

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are called "Avery Mini Assorted Binder Pockets for 5.5 x 8.5-Inches Binders."
    You can also find them on Amazon.
    Here are some pictures of how they work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1142.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	296281Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1143.jpg
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	296282[ATTACH=CONFIG]11389Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1145.jpg
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	296284
    Attached Files

Comment

My package is here! I went to run a quick errand and passed the UPS truck, so I knew it would be waiting for me when I got back.

It's just in time for me to test out the Spiff Kit on a quick overnight trip in a few hours. For now, the rest (including the A30) will stay in the box until I am back tomorrow, but I am itching to try out my European packing list in it. Maybe I will actually work up the courage to share some packing list photos here--everyone else's are so awesome that it's a bit intimidating.
      "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares.” ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Comment

Originally posted by monisbrett View Post
        They are called "Avery Mini Assorted Binder Pockets for 5.5 x 8.5-Inches Binders."
        You can also find them on Amazon.
        Here are some pictures of how they work.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11387[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11388[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11389[ATTACH=CONFIG]11390[/ATTACH]
        Thanks! I just ordered from amazon. I've ordered a few things for my FJ. Have pulled out some art supplies from hibernation.

Comment

Oh! Now I may have to order a field journal. Like those folded sheet protectors for knitting patterns!

Comment

My FJ in red blend came today. It's gorgeous. But when I tried to take a photo, the light was wrong. Nothing can capture the color. Tonight I'm going to give it a preliminary set-up since I have to leave early tomorrow. The hardest part will be deciding what art supplies to include inside the journal and what to bring along separately.

But I don't need to do much at the get-go. Micron pens are fine for now. Just like bags, i have a lot of art supplies. Sometimes hard to see the forest for the trees.

Comment

Pretty pumped to get my BO FJN tomorrow, along with some other odds and ends to tweak out my CP.

Comment

Summer = color, right??? Sure, my black PU + my black dyneema SA both look chic and polished in all kinds of weather, but as the temps get warmer and the days get sunnier, I'm feeling the need to brighten things up. So this morning, I gave in and ordered a Verde CP. I can't wait to see what it looks like in person!
                "A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions." — Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbird View Post
                  Summer = color, right??? Sure, my black PU + my black dyneema SA both look chic and polished in all kinds of weather, but as the temps get warmer and the days get sunnier, I'm feeling the need to brighten things up. So this morning, I gave in and ordered a Verde CP. I can't wait to see what it looks like in person!
                  Welcome to the world of color!

Comment

Originally posted by marytattoo View Post
                    Welcome to the world of color!
                    Haha, thanks!!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk.
                    "A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions." — Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Comment

TB Anticipation Syndrome

Well, after just over a week with my new black CP I realized it was 1) just a touch to small for my intended EDC needs and 2) that the color was just not quite fun enough. [emoji41]

Burnt Orange Pilot and iPad Air Cache arrive on Friday.

[emoji204][emoji85][emoji86]

Comment

Yesterday was my birthday. I am now happily, solidly, and placidly middle-aged. I spent the entire day outside my home, as Tuesdays I facilitate a high school British Lit class and a middle school math class. When I returned a largish Tom Bihn box was waiting to greet me. It was perfect timing!

Inside were a LCB (Grey/Olive), a Co-Pilot (Black Dyneema/Iberian), a Field Journal Notebook (Olive, and a gift for son's birthday), and a Pocket Pouch (Steel/Solar). It's my second go-round with the Co-Pilot. I briefly had a Steel/UV one, but the ballistic seemed to rigid for what I wanted to use it for. I'm hoping the Dyneema will work better. I also briefly had a LCB, but son stole it from me.

I'm going to test load them both up for a few days and verify that they will work for me. My heart loves them immediately!

Comment

Happy belated birthday! Glad you got to treat yourself with some TB goodies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Happy birthday, @Mausermama!!

Comment

Happy Birthday, @Mausermama! Will you be sharing photos of your birthday haul?

Comment

Originally posted by blackbird View Post
                                Happy Birthday, @Mausermama! Will you be sharing photos of your birthday haul?

I will try to do that later today! I did capture a photo, but I always struggle with how to shrink it down to forum requirements. I bet I can find some time for that later in the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X