Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,953   Posts: 193,089   Members: 6,829   Active Members: 295
Welcome to our newest member, JuniorCyclist.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TB Anticipation Syndrome

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black dyneema DLBC is out for delivery! Too bad I have to work until 7 p.m. today......

Comment

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
      Black dyneema DLBC is out for delivery! Too bad I have to work until 7 p.m. today......
      I'm getting a Black dynema DLBP today!

Comment

SO pleased!! I've been thinking for a while that I wanted something Bihn in red, but various options would come and go and I could never settle on anything. However... Today I received the 2nd of two shipments I was waiting on, both on the red end of the spectrum... first was an FJN in Red Blend, and the second was a rehomed Smart Alec!

DSC_0760
        by harayablu, on Flickr

Not sure what shade the SA is - perhaps Cardinal? What do the experts say, Cardinal or Crimson? I realized after it arrived that it did not have the loops for an Upper Mod Pocket, but that's fine because I was thinking this could be DS' bag next year, and lighter is better for him. (Meanwhile, I can play with it!! ) - That's a Clif Z Bar in Honey Graham on the top there, for color comparison. No Lara bars handy so I went with a substitute!

(I was a little nervous about this bag, it was supposed to be shipped Priority but went Standard instead. Luckily it came straight to me without any issues. Also, the waist buckle was broken, which was not mentioned at time of sale, but still it was a great value. Lesson learned - confirm and re-confirm all details, even when you think it's all been spelled out! And then be prepared to embrace the Zen of the informal market. )

I haven't put the FJN thru its paces yet - I am thinking it would really shine for a road-trip type scenario, where we go someplace pretty and I sketch the views to remember them by... Alternately, I could use it as a mini-binder for standard note-taking, but that seems like it doesn't really take advantage of the intrinsic on-the-go utility of the FJN. Anyway, I'm sure I will figure out what it was meant to be!!
        Last edited by haraya; 05-05-2015, 11:03 AM.

Comment

I have the FJ in red blend and it's gorgeous!

Comment

Originally posted by haraya View Post
            SO pleased!! I've been thinking for a while that I wanted something Bihn in red, but various options would come and go and I could never settle on anything. However... Today I received the 2nd of two shipments I was waiting on, both on the red end of the spectrum... first was an FJN in Red Blend, and the second was a rehomed Smart Alec!

DSC_0760
            by harayablu, on Flickr

Not sure what shade the SA is - perhaps Cardinal? What do the experts say, Cardinal or Crimson? I realized after it arrived that it did not have the loops for an Upper Mod Pocket, but that's fine because I was thinking this could be DS' bag next year, and lighter is better for him. (Meanwhile, I can play with it!! ) - That's a Clif Z Bar in Honey Graham on the top there, for color comparison. No Lara bars handy so I went with a substitute!

(I was a little nervous about this bag, it was supposed to be shipped Priority but went Standard instead. Luckily it came straight to me without any issues. Also, the waist buckle was broken, which was not mentioned at time of sale, but still it was a great value. Lesson learned - confirm and re-confirm all details, even when you think it's all been spelled out! And then be prepared to embrace the Zen of the informal market. )

I haven't put the FJN thru its paces yet - I am thinking it would really shine for a road-trip type scenario, where we go someplace pretty and I sketch the views to remember them by... Alternately, I could use it as a mini-binder for standard note-taking, but that seems like it doesn't really take advantage of the intrinsic on-the-go utility of the FJN. Anyway, I'm sure I will figure out what it was meant to be!!
            I love my Red Blend FJN. I am using mine as a combination Bible Study notes and knitting notes notebook. I don't know if they are competing for the privilege or if they will happily coexist together at this point. It is such a treat to use it. If I use it for knitting notes, it doesn't seem to get much out-on-the-town usage, but if I use it for my bible notes, I can take it with me to church.

Comment

I did way too much ebay clicking last night and now have a Navy/UV S25 and a Red Blend FJN on their way to me. I'm super excited to try the S25 because it appears to be an older version with the closer set straps--I'm hoping this will be more comfortable than the S25 I currently have. On the other hand I'm already having buyers remorse over the FJN, I jumped on it because it had a great buy it now price and I keep reading all the happy owner posts on the forums but I think, as much as I want to love and use it, this may go the way of every other notebook type thing I've bought in the past--much loved but unused. That said, I can't wait to see it and am hoping I'll be proved very very wrong
              Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

Comment

Saw the S25 and considered it. Didn't see the FJ. But I've snagged a few things in the last week which are no longer available. Have received one, a SCB in nordic. Waiting on 3 more.

Comment

Photo of my last two orders... includes: Plum Brain Bag, Azure MCB, Red Blend FJN & Snake Charmer, Aubergine Upper & Lower Mod Pockets & Small QKit, Navy Mini QKit, Medium Steel YSS, Large Ultraviolet YSS, Navy parapack 3DOC, a couple of keystraps and ultraviolet cord pulls. Isn't it all so pretty?!Click image for larger version

Name:	Bags.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	296383

Comment

It's here! :-)
                    First impression is the NFTD is so tiny and cute and after test packing the DLBP I love how it wears.

Comment

Great colors combo you have there, @wolpertinger. Blue (Navy for NFTD, French Blue? for DLBP). What's more interesting is when I saw your Brain Bag in Coyote.

May I ask how you like your Brain Bag's Coyote Cordura, compare to your Coyote Ballistic Q-Kit?
                      Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
                      Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
                      Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
                      Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by weirdguy View Post
                        Great colors combo you have there, @wolpertinger. Blue (Navy for NFTD, French Blue? for DLBP). What's more interesting is when I saw your Brain Bag in Coyote.

May I ask how you like your Brain Bag's Coyote Cordura, compare to your Coyote Ballistic Q-Kit?
                        The NFTD is navy, the DLBP is French Blue. I didn't catch the colors very well with this snapshot.
                        I admit, just by seeing the photo on the website i wouldn't have gotten the coyote Brain Bag, but I already have a coyote Snake Charmer, that has the same material.
                        The coyote of the Q-Kit seems to be a little, how to say that, richer. But just a little. I hope you understand what I mean.
                        I like them both.

Comment

It's here! My FJN is finally here. I'm so happy.

Sent from Shai's phone
                          "Go forward and never lose sight of your dreams."

SE (2), SC, DLBP (2), Swift, LS, Spiff Kit, SK, SCB, MCB, LCB, LSB, SSB (2), PT, FJN (2), Pilot, BB, Synik 22, Strap Keepers, Synik 30, TT (6), TSS (lots), COW, PCSB, 3DOC (2), Smart Alec, Cubelet, Pocket Pouch, GWP and other pouches/cubes

Comment

Originally posted by tuskegee7294 View Post
                            It's here! My FJN is finally here. I'm so happy.

Sent from Shai's phone
                            Did you do retail therapy while waiting?

Comment

I've been good...held back. With that being said I'm bidding on some stuff on ebay right now and am HIGHLY tempted to buy a NFTD

Sent from Shai's phone
                              "Go forward and never lose sight of your dreams."

SE (2), SC, DLBP (2), Swift, LS, Spiff Kit, SK, SCB, MCB, LCB, LSB, SSB (2), PT, FJN (2), Pilot, BB, Synik 22, Strap Keepers, Synik 30, TT (6), TSS (lots), COW, PCSB, 3DOC (2), Smart Alec, Cubelet, Pocket Pouch, GWP and other pouches/cubes

Comment

I hope we're not competing on ebay!

Comment

Working...
                                X