Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,638   Posts: 189,071   Members: 6,627   Active Members: 291
LucieMoonl
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, LucieMoonl.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TB Anticipation Syndrome

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post
    The NFTD is navy, the DLBP is French Blue. I didn't catch the colors very well with this snapshot.

I admit, just by seeing the photo on the website i wouldn't have gotten the coyote Brain Bag, but I already have a coyote Snake Charmer, that has the same material.

The coyote of the Q-Kit seems to be a little, how to say that, richer. But just a little. I hope you understand what I mean.

I like them both.

I'm glad to hear that you love both Coyote Cordura and Ballistic.
    May I ask is there any reason behind you choose Coyote? Perhaps, like it is a Guy/Manly color or your favorite color. Or even try match one's wardrobe. I'm just wondering and I hope I did not intrude too much.

I'd been thinking hard which to choose Grey or Coyote DLBP. I have a Grey DLBC and I believe a Grey Briefcase does not really mean look good on a Grey Backpack. Because, I think, Briefcase/Messenger is more towards professional/work while Backpack is more towards Casual/Leisure. Hence, I assume for smaller/Asian built, DLBP Grey may even suggest a more kiddy overall impression. Feel free to comment on my assumption.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Comment

Have you considered olive or cocoa? Both suggest outdoorsy, not "professional". I'm assuming you don't want black.

Comment

Yup, no black. This world is too exciting and interesting - Black will underrate such experience, at least for me.

I do consider Olive but I fear it is quite dark, hence Cocoa isn't my color. I did trade once a Cocoa Ristretto (Original Design) but I gave it away for the same reason.

Thanks @marrytatoo, I think I'm going to search the Forum for Olive Cordura and Parapack photo/color comparisons.
        Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
        Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
        Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
        Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Comment

I bought an olive parapack SE, and I really like it. I'm a woman who loves color. While I don't have any now, I think browns are very pretty, though.

Comment

Originally posted by weirdguy View Post
            I'm glad to hear that you love both Coyote Cordura and Ballistic.
            May I ask is there any reason behind you choose Coyote? Perhaps, like it is a Guy/Manly color or your favorite color. Or even try match one's wardrobe. I'm just wondering and I hope I did not intrude too much.

I'd been thinking hard which to choose Grey or Coyote DLBP. I have a Grey DLBC and I believe a Grey Briefcase does not really mean look good on a Grey Backpack. Because, I think, Briefcase/Messenger is more towards professional/work while Backpack is more towards Casual/Leisure. Hence, I assume for smaller/Asian built, DLBP Grey may even suggest a more kiddy overall impression. Feel free to comment on my assumption.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
            A little late, but let me answer your questions.
            I like "neutral" colors, which means that I have no trouble to match them to my wardrobe, but I also think that black is too boring.
            The Brain Bag is (not exclusively) for hiking, so I wanted a "earth"-color. I decided between olive and coyote, but I thought that olive could be too dark with black.
            I don't think of coyote as a manly color, but I'm a woman and part of the "neutral" color idea is, that orange - red - violet could be part of my clothes.

Comment

Interesting posts recently as I just ordered my first non-black TB bag: a DLBC in gray (I know - living on the edge, right?)

In the spirit of TB Anticipation Syndrome, I have a flight on Wednesday which is the day my DLBC is supposed to arrive. I can now say that I've taken TBAS to a new level by tweaking my itinerary for a later flight hoping my TB bag arrives before I depart. (OK, maybe there was another reason as well, but let's say I could have gone either way and the incoming bag's imminent arrival may have tipped the scales in favor of changing...)
              Active Duty: Synapse 25 (Nebulous Gray/Northwest Sky) daily carry, Original, First-Run Synapse 25 (Black/Wasabi) knock-around, weekend use

Special Teams/On the Bench: Daylight Briefcase (Grey), Aeronaut 30 (Black/Wasabi), Western Flyer (Black/Wasabi), Pilot (Black/Northwest Sky), Synapse 19 (Black/Iberian), Imago (Cardinal/Hemp/Steel), ID (Black/Steel/Wasabi), Original Cadet 13/15 (Black/Wasabi), Ristretto (Black/Steel), Medium Cafe Bag (Olive/Wasabi), Small Cafe Bag (French Blue/Steel)

Comment

Originally posted by ScottE22 View Post
                Interesting posts recently as I just ordered my first non-black TB bag: a DLBC in gray (I know - living on the edge, right?)

In the spirit of TB Anticipation Syndrome, I have a flight on Wednesday which is the day my DLBC is supposed to arrive. I can now say that I've taken TBAS to a new level by tweaking my itinerary for a later flight hoping my TB bag arrives before I depart. (OK, maybe there was another reason as well, but let's say I could have gone either way and the incoming bag's imminent arrival may have tipped the scales in favor of changing...)
                Yeah - moving into the light! At some point you'll suddenly come into techno-color just like The Wizard of Oz!

Comment

Originally posted by weirdguy View Post
                  Yup, no black. This world is too exciting and interesting - Black will underrate such experience, at least for me.
                  I'm completely stealing this. Next time I open my (burnt orange, thank you very much) Aeronaut and someone says the inside looks like a bag of skittles exploded (I like different colors, what can I say!), then I have a perfect retort.
                  yugyag79
                  Forum Member
                  Last edited by yugyag79; 05-12-2015, 09:48 AM.
                  A45: Burnt Orange/Steel; LCB: Black Dyneema/Wasabi Dyneema; DLBP: Coyote; PCBP: Iberian, Sitka; 3DCOC: Iberian, Linen; SSK: Iberian; TSS: Solar & Island (4), Wasabi & Zest (3), Ultraviolet & Northwest Sky (2), Iberian (1); Travel Tray: Steel; Fjord, Sitka, Monarch; Q-kit; Various Dyneema organizer pouches,

Halcneema Addiction is a dangerous thing. #buyallthecolors

Still refining my system

Comment

Burnt Orange Aeronaut 30 and Snake Charmer should be here in a week! Not sure if the SC will work for my needs, but I've been wanting an A30 since it debuted last year. I've tried to exercise patience and discipline when b/o ballistic debuted because I don't need any travel bags at the moment, but failed miserably this morning.

Now I'm wanting a b/o Smart Alec. I don't have a need for another backpack, so I don't have to worry about any more TB impulse purchases for the time being.
                    Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

EDC: Side Kick, Everday Cubelet, DL PCSB (planner pouch); Travel: Smart Alec + Side Kick, Small Yeoman Duffel

Comment

Having a need doesn't make one bit of a difference, Aeon!

Comment

This forum is good for Tom Bihn's business...

I DID IT! And I am so excited!

I have just spent the past three months searching the interwebz for the absolute bestest ever "personal item" to carry with when my husband and I travel. He usually takes care of the checked bag and wheeled carry-on, and I take care of making sure that we have enough entertainment packed in a personal item to keep us out of trouble until we reach our destination.

Hence, the search for a perfect personal item. I have been using (for quite some time) a large tote; which, was OK, but I am obsessed with organization, and pawing through my stuff to find a small tin of Altoids, or a granola bar, while trying not to elbow my husband in the nose has been quite a trial.

Enter Tom Bihn. I just happened upon these bags (thanks, Google!) and I am so glad I did! I am now eagerly anticipating delivery of my VERY FIRST Bihn bag; I finally decided upon the Ego. But that doesn't mean that I won't order the Pilot that I NEED, and the Synapse 19 that cannot live without me.

Comment

Originally posted by Barks View Post
                          Enter Tom Bihn ... and the Synapse 19 that cannot live without me.
                          Greetings Barks,
                          Your enthusiasm is contagious. I just love your Synapse comment! Some of us imagine or theorize that inanimate objects have personalities and feelings. I think your comment lends evidence to the theory. elisa
                          AlaskaGirl
                          Forum Member
                          Last edited by AlaskaGirl; 05-15-2015, 02:25 PM. Reason: Auto-INcorrect!

Comment

So......I ordered another Swift today as the black Dyneema/Iberian combo is just too fabulous to pass up. And while I was at it, I ordered a coyote DLBC as I have recently discovered a love for that bag and wanted something in coyote.

Now the wait begins.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
                              So......I ordered another Swift today as the black Dyneema/Iberian combo is just too fabulous to pass up. And while I was at it, I ordered a coyote DLBC as I have recently discovered a love for that bag and wanted something in coyote.

Now the wait begins.....

Oh, what will you do with 5?

Comment

TB Anticipation Syndrome

Originally posted by marytattoo View Post
                                Oh, what will you do with 5?
                                Will probably put it in the EDC work bag rotation as there are some days Kiwi or Burnt Orange is too much. Never hurts to have another black bag.

What I'm finding is that I like the Swift for use during the academic year and for travel, while the DLBC will be great for summer when I carry less back and forth to work.

ETA: one Swift is a dedicated knitting bag and another my teaching bag. The other 3 serve as work/travel bags.

brendabethman
                                Forum Member
                                Last edited by brendabethman; 05-15-2015, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X