Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,998   Posts: 193,786   Members: 6,895   Active Members: 240
Welcome to our newest member, Kimiko.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TB Anticipation Syndrome

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by catherder View Post
    Well, after stalking it for weeks (and with a little help from Hannah when I waited just a little too long), I finally ordered an A30 in aubergine/zest (a.k.a. what I imagine to be the Most Insanely Gorgeous Combo Ever), along with a small cafe bag in red blend to keep it company en route. I *cannot wait* for their arrival. Now I am starting in on the worry phase... is the orange going to be too bright? Will aubergine still look good with my summer clothes? Will the small cafe bag prove too small? Will the red blend and aubergine not be able to live in colorway harmony? Somebody, calm my nerves...
    @catherder, You did see the pictures that @helen_uK posted of her Aeronaut 45 in Aubergine/Zest, right? (I'll excerpt one of them, but you can go look at the others again to reassure yourself that this is a Dynamite color combination, just in case Hannah's post of reassurance wasn't enough):

HTH

moriond

Comment

Thanks for the lift, @moriond! I'd seen that post before, but lost track of it. Two more days!!

Comment

After months of researching posts on the forums, I finally took the plunge and ordered a Brain Bag, S19, and Smart Alec to do some test pacing for family members. I'm so excited already, geeking out over my new bags, and they won't arrive until Monday
        current EDC- Black Ballistic Travel Cubelet with an Orange 152 COW. I have MANY pouches... My goal is 1 in every color 好的朋友

Comment

Originally posted by DeBru View Post
          After months of researching posts on the forums, I finally took the plunge and ordered a Brain Bag, S19, and Smart Alec to do some test pacing for family members. I'm so excited already, geeking out over my new bags, and they won't arrive until Monday
          Congratulation! Which color combinations did you order? (We like to experience these new acquisitions vicariously). Good timing with the Brain Bag since I think a few color options just got added (some with limited availability).

moriond

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
            Congratulation! Which color combinations did you order? (We like to experience these new acquisitions vicariously). Good timing with the Brain Bag since I think a few color options just got added (some with limited availability).

moriond
            Coyote for the Brain Bag.... The tan and black with the angled design of the front of the bag just looked so classy to me. And grey/Iberian for the S19 and Steel/Iberian for the SA. I adore grey, and in my book, red is a neutral. I may have also ordered some accessories (cough cough)
            current EDC- Black Ballistic Travel Cubelet with an Orange 152 COW. I have MANY pouches... My goal is 1 in every color 好的朋友

Comment

I also took the Tom Bihn plunge! I have been obsessively researching the perfect packing method and carry-on bag for an 11 day excursion to Istanbul and Berlin. My last international trip was 8 weeks in Japan with a short trip to Saipan, lugging around the largest rolling suitcase known to (wo)man. Long story short, it wasn't terrible as I was staying with family but became a total nightmare trying to navigate public transit and airports.

This time I wanted to try going carry-on only and, based on reviews, was considering the Osprey Farpoint 40 or the Eagle Creek Gear Hauler. I had never heard of Tom Bihn bags but I'm also a knitting nut and came across rave reviews on Ravelry. Curious, I found my way here and read/watched/drooled/fretted over all the reviews and options.

Last night I had a glass of wine and I pulled the trigger on:

Aeronaut 45 (steel/ultraviolet) with laundry sack and absolute strap
              Swift (burnt orange/ultraviolet) and all the knitting pouches
              3D clear cube organizer, #1 and 2 travel stuff sacks (wasabi)
              Side Effect (Steel/ultraviolet)
              Packing Cube Backpack (Steel)
              Extra key straps

I feel like I will be well-prepared with this set-up (with the addition of some Eagle Creek spectre cubes I currently own). Thank you all for your stellar community and for enabling me!

Is it weird that I haven't even received my first package and am already planning my next bag purchase??

Comment

hiuhime: welcome to the forum! You will find that no one here things it weird that you think about more bags to purchase while waiting for the first box ;-)
                You got bitten by the TB bag-bug but let me assure you: it is a lot of fun :-) and van make your live a lot easier depending on your prior bag-habits.

Ilkyway
                “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

I just checked the tracking and my box is in Atlanta... Stuck at the UPS distribution center (15 minutes away) for the weekend... So, so, so close....

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkyway View Post
                    hiuhime: welcome to the forum! You will find that no one here things it weird that you think about more bags to purchase while waiting for the first box ;-)
                    You got bitten by the TB bag-bug but let me assure you: it is a lot of fun :-) and van make your live a lot easier depending on your prior bag-habits.

Ilkyway
                    Thank you for the warm welcome! Based on the title of this thread alone I can tell I'm in the right place.

Comment

My first Bihn bag is enroute... tracking says that it will arrive here on Friday! I ended up getting a Synapse 19, but now I keep looking at the Pilot. And the Swift. And the A30. And the various organizer pouches, etc.

So what am I doing today? Adding to my wish list....

Comment

Hooray and congrats!

According to my tracking info, my first TB box will arrive on Thursday and the anticipation is KILLING me.

Comment

Not at all...and just wait...the steel and ultraviolet combination is GORGEOUS!...in my humble opinion.
                          The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Comment

I had a teacher once who said, as we started a knew novel to read, she envied us that first time read. Back than I did not fully apriciate, what she was going on about. But of cause now I know the feeling and reading about new Tom Bihn adopters and seeing the exitment kind of gives me the same kind of envy. So many firsts for you to discover... Have fun!

Ilkyway
                            “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Look what arrived on my porch this afternoon....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4195.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	843.3 KB
ID:	297428

You guys, this stuff is even more magical than I imagined! After a quick assessment (before I run out the door for a work dinner) I can tell you that the colors, construction, fabrics quailty, everything is amazing and 1000% worth it.

Comment

Just ordered a black dyneema/wasabi Medium Cafe Bag after confirming with Hannah that the new medium-stiffness webbing has been incorporated into the new cafe bags. Apparently this is a happy medium between the former stiff strap and the former soft strap. I will try to report back on how it works for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X