Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,998   Posts: 193,786   Members: 6,895   Active Members: 240
Welcome to our newest member, Kimiko.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TB Anticipation Syndrome

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoStanford View Post
    Just ordered a black dyneema/wasabi Medium Cafe Bag after confirming with Hannah that the new medium-stiffness webbing has been incorporated into the new cafe bags. Apparently this is a happy medium between the former stiff strap and the former soft strap. I will try to report back on how it works for me.
    Ordered the same this morning! And now the waiting begins......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm having feelings of relief and anticipation. After many months waiting for dyneema pilots to be in stock I have placed my order but alas I now have to wait for delivery.

Comment

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to comment in but tonight I showed off my new TB haul to my partner. Being a mechanical engineer, he oohed and awed over the design details and construction, especially Dyneema, which he uses to secure himself to the tops of wind turbines.

Suffice to say he's extremely jealous and already hinting at a TB option to replace his work messenger bag. *evil laughter*

Comment

Black Dyneema Medium Cafe Bag and Freudian Slip ordered! And maybe a few more organizer pouches... Cough cough.
          current EDC- Black Ballistic Travel Cubelet with an Orange 152 COW. I have MANY pouches... My goal is 1 in every color 好的朋友

Comment

Vertical Freudian Slips ordered for Synapse 25 and Medium Café Bag, as well as Stuff Sacks in Wasabi (extra small) and Iberian (small), a double Organiser Pouch (medium), and a Wasabi Shop Bag (L). My poor old UK bank account took a direct hit today! I tend to buy TB in bulk to cut down on the exorbitant (usually the equivalent of about $45) UK customs charge. I regret nothing, knowing the pleasure TB's lovely products will give me long after the cost is forgotten, and how useful they are.

Wish list - for more items to have lighter linings, like my beloved navy Synapse 25 with solar lining. I love being able to actually see what's inside my bag! Solar as a colour seems to have disappeared recently.
            So many bags. And I love them all.

Comment

Originally posted by hiuhime View Post
              I'm not sure if this is the right thread to comment in but tonight I showed off my new TB haul to my partner. Being a mechanical engineer, he oohed and awed over the design details and construction, especially Dyneema, which he uses to secure himself to the tops of wind turbines.

Suffice to say he's extremely jealous and already hinting at a TB option to replace his work messenger bag. *evil laughter*
              Dyneema is awesome. The same threads are used in braided fishing line. It can take a beating with Tuna and Yellowtail on the line. I can't wait for next season.

[To stay on topic] After much research on the TB and EDC forums, I pulled the trigger on a BB Pilot this morning. I've always wanted a new work carry bag. One specifically made in USA and designed with meticulous attention to detail. Thanks to the forum folks for all your feedback!

...now I must wait...
              Husband | Father | Creative | Photog | Subaru Pilot | Horologist | Foodie | Carryologist

Comment

OMG, just scored a Nordic/Steel Swift from a Ravelry destash!! So excited!

And from the Mothership I have a black dyneema/wasabi medium cafe bag arriving tomorrow and a small cafe FS sometime next week. Much to anticipate! :-)

Comment

Brenda I saw the Nordic Swift - I scored one there earlier this year and love it. Congrats!

Comment

I placed an order for my BB Pilot on Tuesday. Tracking update shows ETA for Friday. I made these after dinner tonight. I'm excited!

Lanyard knot zipper pull
                    Reflective red paracord

Click image for larger version

Name:	22041586131_7af0fa752b_z.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	297523
                    Husband | Father | Creative | Photog | Subaru Pilot | Horologist | Foodie | Carryologist

Comment

@GoStandford,

Could you tell me more about this MDC and the webbing? I ordered a Dyneema MCB and knew nothing about this, and also placed my order before the new FS came out, but am looking forward to testing the MCB to see if it would work well as a traveling combo with the A45. Depending on how I like the Dyneema I may exchange it for another color since I really like the Cocoa. Less weight is nice, but the overall difference isn't that much.

In any case, my haul, which won't arrive here in NJ until Monday, includes an A45 in Olive, DLBC in Dyneema & Cocoa (for testing, see if this would pair well with the A45), Pen/Pencil Organizer Pouch, Freudian Slip for S25, some key straps, and the MCB in Dyneema. I am thinking the MCB will be more suited to my needs, but you never know. Plus, I'd like my wife to check out the MCB to see if it might work for her as a replacement for her purse or if she would want to try the small. She would wait on an Olive color if she wanted it, but at least I could try to bring her to the Bihn side.

Comment

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
                        OMG, just scored a Nordic/Steel Swift from a Ravelry destash!! So excited!

And from the Mothership I have a black dyneema/wasabi medium cafe bag arriving tomorrow and a small cafe FS sometime next week. Much to anticipate! :-)

I saw that bag. It took all my self-restraint to not buy it! I'm glad it's going to you! Please take photos of it all stuffed full with yummy yarn!

Comment

Originally posted by GoStanford View Post
                          Just ordered a black dyneema/wasabi Medium Cafe Bag after confirming with Hannah that the new medium-stiffness webbing has been incorporated into the new cafe bags. Apparently this is a happy medium between the former stiff strap and the former soft strap. I will try to report back on how it works for me.
                          I would also like to hear what you think. I have both the soft and the firm straps and greatly prefer the soft strap.

Comment

First impression (not having worn the bag for a day out) - this indeed is a medium stiff strap. It lacks the ribbing/parallel lines of the former soft strap, but it is not as rigid as the former stiff strap. However, in structure it is closer to the former stiff strap, having some sort of interwoven/more obviously textured material. I noticed that the former soft strap sometimes twisted around itself at the points of attachment to the buckles. I have not tested yet if this new strap does that.

Comment

UPS says the expected delivery date is end of day TODAY, but it's less than 15 minutes to midnight. I don't think I'm getting my package.

It's been stuck in customs all day in some warehouse that is less than an hour from me.

Comment

I live in Sydney and placed my order last night for a Coyote Yeoman Duffel and Black Dyneema/Wasabi PU before going to bed and woke this morning to find a shipping email in my inbox. No time to have second thoughts on colour combos! The yeoman was only available in Coyote (how quick have the others sold out?!) but I've been looking at the colour for awhile and think this could be the perfect bag to show case that colour as it will mainly used for car camping, kayak trips and overflow when we buy too many souvenirs when travelling carry on. This will be my first dyneema bag and second PU - I've been toying with the idea of a dyneema bag for awhile but couldn't commit to the co-pilot/pilot due to their boxiness. As soon as I saw the dyneema PU introduced, I knew that was my answer - my Verde/UV PU is a fantastic EDC/travel bag, almost a Synapse Messenger bag and a dyneema version will be sublime! Now for the wait ......

Comment

Working...
                                X