Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,895   Posts: 192,296   Members: 6,771   Active Members: 315
Welcome to our newest member, louisep.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TB Anticipation Syndrome

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday I gave our fluffernutter his new TB accessory, a Skookum Dog leash in Violet. "A new leash?? For me??"

(I don't think DH noticed it was TB-related, else he'd've teased me about my obsession. But he put it on our beast later that day to take the beast for a walk, and came back singing its praises. "At first I thought it was too short, but then I realized that it stretched out. And then I noticed that it provided him [the pup] with feedback, so as he starts to walk away it's a gentle encouragement to come on back."

Skookum Dog leash by haraya blu

We used to have another bungee leash, from a different manufacturer, and after a while it was all knotted and stretched out. As always - TB has designed another product that is simply better. To think I picked it just for the pretty color! )

(The odd crop is because I had technical difficulties shrinking the pic and uploading to Flickr, so I ended up doing it on my phone. #bsgstyle *handwave*)
    Last edited by haraya; 12-26-2015, 02:18 PM.

Comment

A few photos of my MB:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151227_103158565.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	298043

Name:	IMG_20151227_103213591.jpg
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	298044

Name:	IMG_20151227_103231273.jpg
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	298045

A place for everything, and everything in its place. Since I don't carry water bottles, my keys go in one side pocket, and my ultra-compact reusable bag goes in the other. Both are tethered to the o-rings on the sides for easy access. This has been such an incredibly convenient bag already!
      Last edited by Ovis Obscura; 12-27-2015, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by helen_uk View Post
        My Black Dyneema/Island A30 arrived in the UK this afternoon - nice surprise, as it wasn't due until Monday. An even nicer surprise - there was no customs fee to pay! The UPS guy double-checked his machine because he saw me holding my checkbook in readiness, but there was nothing.
        Update, I had a letter from UPS this morning asking for the customs fee - never mind, it was worth it!

Comment

Just acquired a black/wasabi co-pilot with the 'portable culture' tag since I regretfully swapped a steel dyneema co-pilot (how could I give up steel dyneema?!) earlier this year. Eager to try a co-pilot again as my EDC for work.

Comment

So, I finally ordered a NFTD in Black Dyneema and even paid for expedited shipping because I'm leaving for Florida next Wednesday. The bag has arrived in Boston. I am in NJ. UPS says it will be delivered Monday. Except there's a blizzard coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Eat well, travel often.

Comment

I feel your pain. My NFTD is slated for delivery Monday as well. But it appears to have decided to winter in a snowdrift somewhere in Idaho, according to UPS tracking.

Comment

So, I decided to check UPS this morning, and to my surprise and delight, my bag is OUT FOR DELIVERY!! Yay!! I can practice pack while I'm stuck inside tomorrow!!
                Eat well, travel often.

Comment

I... went overboard lately with:

* Two Synapse 19 (I do like the look of the red blend, but the wasabi looks like pus to me ) (I instead took the black with UV, and french blue with steel)
                  * Maker's Bag (black/nw sky)
                  * (a second) Medium Café Bag (black this time)
                  * Yeoman Duffle (verde)
                  * Side Effect (burnt orange/UV)
                  * Aeronaut 45 (black/zest)

Yes, I'm waiting for all of these... the imports/customs people are going to LOVE me >.< However, I'm hoping for a bright, sunny day after it all arrives so that I can take a few pictures... goofy. I'm also looking forward to retiring/giving away several non-TB bags whose time has come.
                  I love my Burnt Orange Medium Cafe Bag, Black MCB, and Azure LCB.
                  The Preciouses: A45 in black/zest, (original) Yeoman Duffel in verde, Mini Yeoman Duffel in Burnt Orange, the S19 in black/ultraviolet, and the MB in black/northwest sky; Shop Bags in zest, monarch, sitka, fjord, and island.

Comment

Originally posted by Ovis Obscura View Post
                    A few photos of my MB:
                    This has been such an incredibly convenient bag already!
                    Thank you for the picture of the inside of the outer zip portion of the bag, I was wondering what it looked like.
                    I love my Burnt Orange Medium Cafe Bag, Black MCB, and Azure LCB.
                    The Preciouses: A45 in black/zest, (original) Yeoman Duffel in verde, Mini Yeoman Duffel in Burnt Orange, the S19 in black/ultraviolet, and the MB in black/northwest sky; Shop Bags in zest, monarch, sitka, fjord, and island.

Comment

Originally posted by Kshni View Post

* Two Synapse 19 (I do like the look of the red blend, but the wasabi looks like pus to me ) (I instead took the black with UV, and french blue with steel)
                      * Maker's Bag (black/nw sky)
                      * (a second) Medium Café Bag (black this time)
                      * Yeoman Duffle (verde)
                      * Side Effect (burnt orange/UV)
                      * Aeronaut 45 (black/zest)

Yes, I'm waiting for all of these... the imports/customs people are going to LOVE me >.< However, I'm hoping for a bright, sunny day after it all arrives so that I can take a few pictures... goofy. I'm also looking forward to retiring/giving away several non-TB bags whose time has come.
                      Ohhhhhh, you got one of the Black/UV Synapse 19s! I'm a little jealous, that was my original holy grail bag when I first started getting TB, but the combo wasn't available at the time (and hasn't been since, as far as I know.) Eventually I ended up with a Grey/UV Synapse 19 which I love, but sometimes I still wish for Black/UV, and I very nearly impulse-ordered when it came back in stock last week but managed to resist.

Enjoy your new goodies!
                      Rambling On. . . . .

Comment

TB when it sizzles

Received these lovelies yesterday from a rehome (thank you, you know who you are!!) and I think they will help keep me warm during #Snowzilla!! My first Orange 152 item, plus Azalea and Plum!! These are the pen/pencil pouch, mini OP, and a short key strap. I'm loving 152 already. I like it just a bit more than Burnt Orange! (gasp!)

by haraya, on Flickr
                        Last edited by haraya; 01-22-2016, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kshni View Post

Great choice re the black/UV one. I've one from a previous run c. 2011 (complete with cocoa ultrasuede phone pocket!) and it's one of my go-to bags for work. The combination of the two fabrics is really very attractive. Nothing goes with black like UV <3

Comment

Originally posted by adalangdon View Post
                            Great choice re the black/UV one. I've one from a previous run c. 2011 (complete with cocoa ultrasuede phone pocket!) and it's one of my go-to bags for work. The combination of the two fabrics is really very attractive. Nothing goes with black like UV <3

Sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! I just saw that the Black/UV Synapse 19 is back in stock (it was gone when I checked a couple days ago) and now I'm once again having to talk myself out of it. I just keep reminding myself that I would (probably) rather have a Steel/UV Makers Bag and since I only get one or the other right now, I need to just wait patiently for a bit longer. . . . .
                            Rambling On. . . . .

Comment

It's in my city. It's actually a half an hour away from me RIGHT NOW.

UPS does Saturday delivery sometimes, right? When it's been kind of a hard week and the recipient would really love to organize their new bag over the weekend? Right???

Comment

I'm given to understand that the intrepid folks at UPS have, after some considerable effort, freed my NFTD from the floe it was entombed in, and sent it on its way.

I imagine they feel a bit like Shackleton.

Comment

Working...
                                X