Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,953   Posts: 193,089   Members: 6,829   Active Members: 295
Welcome to our newest member, JuniorCyclist.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TB Anticipation Syndrome

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gonty View Post
    My package has made it to Portland, which is slightly closer to Melbourne!

I wonder if checking the UPS tracking page every hour is over doing it?

It isn't.

Comment

Alas, I am pretty sure UPS don't deliver on the weekend.

I'll probably be down your way early next year, if you want to admire a large assortment of TB bags... it's a marine research group trip so we carry ridiculous amounts of gear!

Audrey

Comment

Well, of course not! My package has made it to Nashville, Tennessee; supposed to be here Monday as well.

Comment

Last Location:
          Arrived - Louisville, KY, United States, Friday,*12/08/2011

Oh no! It's getting further away! :-)

Comment

Last Location:
            Arrived - Louisville, KY, United States, Friday,*12/08/2011

Oh no! It's getting further away! :-)
            Why isn't there a dislike button? Who knows the mysterious ways of UPS: why would they send a package east when it needs to go west?

Comment

I drove through Louisville this week and it is to UPS what Memphis is to Fedex. By that I mean, it pretty much all goes there. I thought it was the airport terminal before I saw the side of the building where it said UPS.

I bet there were 10 UPS planes circling getting ready to come in when I drove through.

Sorry, I know that doesn't make you feel any better but maybe it will distract you from the pain a bit...
              ============================================

Comment

Originally posted by jeffmac View Post
                I drove through Louisville this week and it is to UPS what Memphis is to Fedex. By that I mean, it pretty much all goes there. I thought it was the airport terminal before I saw the side of the building where it said UPS.
                That makes sense.

The good news is I woke this morning and checked the tracking to find my precious package left Honolulu a couple of hours ago, meaning it will be in the country on Sunday afternoon local time. That means I should have it in a couple of days.

I know people like to have a dig at UPS but last time I ordered from TB, the package was in my hands in about 5 days and this delivery looks like it may be similar. I've ordered from local retailers who have taken longer to get allegedly in-stock products delivered to me.

Jonathan
                (just a little excited)

Comment

Your TB bags are going to be pretty well-traveled before you ever have a chance to take them out in the world! But I'm glad your order made it to Honolulu. As of noon, my order was locked up in a UPS depot not twenty miles away! Ah, the agony of knowing I could just drive over there and pick it up, but realizing I have to wait until Monday afternoon until it arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by ncb4 View Post
                    As of noon, my order was locked up in a UPS depot not twenty miles away! Ah, the agony of knowing I could just drive over there and pick it up, but realizing I have to wait until Monday afternoon until it arrives.
                    Now that is a terrible form of torture! My thoughts are with you this weekend.

Comment

Honolulu, HI, United States 16/08/2011 8:43 Departure Scan
                      16/08/2011 6:33 Arrival Scan
                      Louisville, KY, United States 16/08/2011 3:48 Departure Scan
                      Botany, Australia 16/08/2011 12:28 Package data processed by brokerage Waiting for clearance

Getting there.... love the way the data gets here first ...

Got yours yet Gonty?
                      List under construction ....

Comment

Originally posted by daisy View Post
                        Got yours yet Gonty?
                        Was planning to work late tonight but just checked UPS to find this:

Delivered On:
                        Wednesday, 17/08/2011 at 11:04
                        Left At:
                        Side door

Think I'll be heading home as early as I can. Now wishing I'd got it delivered to work!

Comment

Daisy, yes, they clear customs quickly. Yours hasn't even had its stop in Hawaii yet!

Audrey

Comment

Well Audrey/falconlea? Is it there yet? Are there photos of the blessed event?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffmac View Post
                              Yup, exactly, it's UPSs air hub. They have 10 regional ground hubs. A bit over a decade ago, I worked for a TV commercial distribution company, most stuff went via satellite, but if the station didn't get it, we have a facility in Louisville that was across the street from the UPS terminal, and they would run the tapes over by 3am (local) and they would be at the TV stations bright and early later than morning.

Comment

Was planning to work late tonight but just checked UPS to find this:

Delivered On:
                                Wednesday, 17/08/2011 at 11:04
                                Left At:
                                Side door

Think I'll be heading home as early as I can. Now wishing I'd got it delivered to work!
                                ohhhh.... I normally steer away from companies that only ship with couriers as a box left outside my house wouldn't be there long....

For Tom Bihn I make an exception ... no problems so far.

In fact....

Click image for larger version

Name:	box.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	287949

box in good shape (been a bit worried after recent comments here)

Click image for larger version

Name:	contents.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	287950

all set to pack for my trip.
                                List under construction ....

Comment

Working...
                                X