Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,075   Posts: 195,100   Members: 6,992   Active Members: 205
Welcome to our newest member, ChahtaWarrior31.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TB Anticipation Syndrome

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was doing so well with waiting patiently for the Muse.
    Until I was carrying all the groceries up the 2 flights of stairs (gotta carry it all in one trip *rawr*) and kept thinking to myself how badly I wish the bag I was using had some sort of padded straps.
    So...I bit the bullet and bought a large shop bag in Monarch. But of course, I didn't want it to get lonely on it's way here, so I'm a getting a 3d organizer cube to keep it company on it's journey. Orange 152.

I've been reading about Dutch parenting and Dutch cycling the last few weeks....I think I've got orange on the brain lol.

Comment

Just ordered a Black/Island Copilot (and an Iberian keystrap, because, you know, it just fell into the cart)! Keeping my fingers crossed that UPS can get it to me (all the way down here in New Zealand) in time for me to take it halfway back around the world on a work trip to Paris mid-May. Very exciting - it's replacing a Night Flight duffel, which (although I love many things about it) has proven to be the wrong shape/configuration for my needs. In particular, it's not quite big enough to take my iPad (which runs my whole life), and I can't get a spare pair of shoes into it. I think the Copilot will be exactly what I need, and it will join my proud Tom Bihn stable of my venerable Empire Builder (still in daily use as my work briefcase) and my Synapse 25.
      Current kit: Empire Builder (Black/Wasabi) - weekday EDC | Synapse 25 (Olive/Steel) - weekend EDC | Copilot (Black/Island) - travel EDC | Plus travel tray and pouches too numerous to name ...

Comment

And now I'm obsessively refreshing the UPS tracking page and getting more and more excited as the parcel works its way around the world...
        Current kit: Empire Builder (Black/Wasabi) - weekday EDC | Synapse 25 (Olive/Steel) - weekend EDC | Copilot (Black/Island) - travel EDC | Plus travel tray and pouches too numerous to name ...

Comment

After a long time of lurking I ordered a S19 and since I want it to be lightweight and go with all of my clothes, I went with black halcyon/island. Even though I think black bags are kind of boring, but after I ordered I saw that TB has cord zipper pulls in island! No!! So I'm already planning my next order...
          Along with the S19 comes a verde/NWS Side Kick and some Aether packing cubes. :-)

Comment

Finally decided to add to my collection a Tristar in Coyote/Northwest Sky, 1 Cache for my Macbook, 1 Cache for my iPad, 1 padded organizer pouch, 1 Coyote Organizer Pouch, and an absolute Shoulder Strap. Will probably be after Memorial day before it gets here on the East Coast...

Comment

I bit the bullet on a laundry stuff sack in NWS and an A30 pcbp in NWS and a small travel tray since they are out of large. After waiting 3 weeks for more large travel trays I just went ahead and ordered. Which means that another purchase is in the future once those are completed. Just another bihn addict!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
              "Not all who wander are lost"
              "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
              Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Comment

Just pressed the button on an Aubergine Western Flyer and I am so excited !!!

Comment

Well, after a month of dithering and reading reviews and board posts I finally placed my first big order today. I had made a couple of small orders to see the quality and the fabrics. Today I went ahead and ordered a SA (Verde/UV), a SE (Verde/UV) and a S25 (Black halcyon/wasabi) as well as a bunch of small pouches and accessories. Dunno yet whether I'll keep them both. I envision the S25 as an EDC bag and the SA (which I absolutely love) as a travel bag/personal item. Now that I've done it, I figure on 6/27 Zest & Solar will make a triumphant return and the SA will get a total redesign fitting 45L into 26L sack Shake a leg, UPS!

Comment

Ugh, the waiting! Just ordered an S25 black halcyon/UV along with 2 UV 3DOCs, key straps (to make inside top pockets using the rail connectors), a clear quarter cube, and a few extra bits and bobs. Won't reach me for about two weeks. Can't even stand it, going to have to think of something else!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Alert from UPS that delivery will be ONE DAY EARLY. My TBAS just kicked into high gear. New fabrics tomorrow!!
                      Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Comment

I'm pretty lucky that I'm in the 2 day zone. I'll be getting a couple cubelets on Thursday (unless UPS decides to keep them on the truck).

Comment

Wow kkintea lucky you!

I have never had that happen!

Will get my cubelets on Monday, usually takes 5-6 days where I am

Comment

Just placed an order for First Aid Pouch + associated pouchkins and now the anticipation sets in! If it follows previous orders I should have it in 1 week!!
                            Aeronaut 45 & Night Flight TD - Aubergine / Wasabi
                            Small Cafe Bag - Burnt Orange

Comment

Originally posted by jalegg View Post
                              Just placed an order for First Aid Pouch + associated pouchkins and now the anticipation sets in! If it follows previous orders I should have it in 1 week!!
                              You're going to really love those single pouchkins! [emoji7]
                              Western Flyer (Org Halcyon/Wasabi), Synapse 25 (Org Halcyon/Wasabi), Large Cafe Bag (Org Halcyon/Wasabi), Parental Bag (used as a carryon), and Shop Bags (Org Halcyon, Iberian, Wasabi)

Comment

TB Anticipation Syndrome

I am sitting here trying to pack for an all day park/picnic and this is exactly what I wanted my S25 for but it isn't here yet and isn't likely to come until Tuesday (when I will be out all day for another park picnic). I dearly love my shop bags and PCSBs but I just end up with so many different bags to look after, I can't wait until I have something that actually, you know, zips it all together!

Comment

Working...
                                X