Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,953   Posts: 193,088   Members: 6,829   Active Members: 295
Welcome to our newest member, JuniorCyclist.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TB Anticipation Syndrome

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlaskaGirl View Post
    Greetings,
    A Side Effect in my favorite color combination of Nordic/Ultraviolet is on it's way. I already have three Side Effects and the Side Kick is now my preferred daily carry, but those colors! Yes, resistance is futile once you have tried the best!

Last week before I checked out, I added a few items from my Wish List. Imagine my surprise when a Swift in Nordic/Ultraviolet appeared! Of course, it hopped right into the cart.

It's all supposed to arrive tomorrow. elisa
    I LOVE that Nordic/UV combo also ♥

Awaiting the arrival of SCBs in Black/Cloud and Cloud/Cloud- scheduled for today. My usual UPS delivery time (2:30pm Eastern) falls right around peak eclipse time!

Comment

Black Halcyon & Island Maker's Bag should be arriving on Tuesday, August 22, along with a pen/tool wrap. I can't wait!! Heading to a design conference in Chicago on Sunday and this will be my EDC bag with iPad Pro.
      Family, Guitar, Design, Travel....get after it!

Comment

TB Anticipation Syndrome

Small Cafe Bags arrived and they look and feel great.
        The Cloud is darker than I'd expected from the photos.
        I have taken some photos just now and consider them to be very good representations of the color.
        (Cloud/Cloud and Black/Cloud join my all-time favorite and EDC - Original Halcyon SCB.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I survived my first case of TBAS! It was touch and go for a bit, though I managed to pull through.

Bought a Large Cafe Bag (Black/Northwest Sky Halcyon) with the appropriate size Freudian Slip, the Absolute Strap, 2 additional 8" key straps, a 16" key strap, and a large Snake Charmer. The Snake Charmer and Freudian Slip will be used interchangeably, depending on trip purpose. They *could* fit in the bag together, but that would strain capacity, make getting things in/out very difficult, and was never the plan. The FS is for grad school organization and electronics, the SC is for travel organization (a couple electronic bits and the toiletries). Most of the time my packing is a change of clothes, a couple basic toiletries, and I'm GTG for a long weekend run somewhere. The SC will also be used in the Aeronaut 30 that I will be buying eventually for longer trips, so there was some planning ahead...

I have to say, that Absolute Strap is pretty phenomenal. I will definitely be getting one to go with the A30 when I get it as well. So far the LCB has swallowed everything I have thrown at it for a day on campus. Walking around the house for a bit as a base test (I'm writing this an hour after UPS delivered...), the AS really does carry the load well. Glad I caved in and purchased it as well, I almost didn't.

I'll post some pictures once I finish figuring out all the configuration details...
          Kris
          Texas Panhandle

Comment

My new Azure Daylight Briefcase is Out for Delivery today, sadly UPS doesn't usually show up until about 6pm here. But once it arrives, I'm very much looking forward to configuring it as an every-day camera bag for my m4/3, ready to grab and simply add my wallet, cell phone, and water bottle as needed.
            Rambling On. . . . .

Comment

Hmmmmmm
              I believe I have contracted a minor obsession with these bags... (the forum may be contagious)
              I have placed three orders in the last three days...
              A black halcyon/island halcyon copilot with various bits & bobs (incld. a couple more Cubelets, because, CUBELETS)... and then someone must have returned an S19 black ballistic/canyon (THANKS) that popped up 70min after I placed my order...this will be my new EDC... the wonderful BihnCrew consolidated the orders for me... this arrives tomorrow

And just now the Luminary alert emails came in, so I ordered the Deep Blue/Grass I had been patiently (maybe not really patiently) waiting to be built again...
              Some combination of these, with the NFTD I ordered a couple weeks ago, is going with me to Ecuador in three weeks - I'm looking forward to optimizing the combination of items & components

Now I'm just (ahem) waiting for the A30's to be built, but I think I may wait until when (IF!?) they build a steel/island one... does anyone know if it has ever existed in that combo? I saw it in the Cadet page and think it would be lovely in the A30...

And I want a SA when the last batch is released....
              “Commander, I always used to consider that you had a definite anti-authoritarian streak in you.”
              “Sir?”
              “It seems that you have managed to retain this even though you are authority.”
              “Sir?”
              “That’s practically zen.”
              -Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Comment

TBAS is for real!! ... got my shipping email today for an a30 i was able to snag during the weekend... SO EXCITED!!! wasn’t sure i was going to be able to get one for my 5 day trip coming up that my little and i are going to one-bag! also have some organizer pouches all ready to go to clip into the a30 when it finally arrives

Comment

You might be suffering from TBAS if:
                  - You compulsively check the tracking number of your order at least once per day.
                  - You have already mentally packed (and re-packed) your new bag.

Comment

I hate to admit but I was doing that . I ordered a S25 and it should arrive tomorrow. Boy, it was a long wait.

Comment

I'm guilty of checking the tracking number every time I order. A Western Flyer is on it's way to me with an Absolute shoulder strap which I hope is as good as everyone says it is. I would have ordered more stuff but when the message came up there were only a few Western Flyer bags left I panicked and hit order. And the bag was available in the colors I wanted (yay!) - I had been checking more than daily to see when the WF would be anything other than "In Production". Am I wrong in thinking that many of us are completely OCD?

Comment

I did the same type of panic order last week on an Aeronaut 45 (Aubergine/Island).
                        I made the mistake earlier of putting together a wish list, thinking there would be plenty of bags available. A few days later when I went to buy the bag, it was no longer available. I kept checking the site to see if the combo became available again and added it to my cart. Saw the only a few available message and immediately went to purchase.

My first Tom Bihn purchase should be here today.
                        Attached Files

Comment

OOOOOO, so You're the one who got the A45 in Aubergine / Island that I was thinking of getting at some point, and then they all disappeared. I'm beginning to learn I can't wait. I've already seen color combos I wanted on the SK disappear and never come back.

Comment

Fun Game!

Click image for larger version

Name:	bihn.png
Views:	1
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	302154

Comment

Originally posted by BWeaves View Post
                              OOOOOO, so You're the one who got the A45 in Aubergine / Island that I was thinking of getting at some point, and then they all disappeared. I'm beginning to learn I can't wait. I've already seen color combos I wanted on the SK disappear and never come back.
                              Sorry! I was originally hoping to get an A30 in that combo but I didn't see any Aubergine/Island A30s listed as available or in production. I was doing a Google image search a few weeks ago and when I saw the Aeronaut with that combo I knew I had to have it.

I am excited to finally own a Tom Bihn bag. My brother and my sister-in-law own several and they really like them.

Comment

Originally posted by arachide View Post
                                I am excited to finally own a Tom Bihn bag. My brother and my sister-in-law own several and they really like them.
                                Welcome to your new addiction
                                Seriously though, welcome to the forums!!

Comment

Working...
                                X