Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,998   Posts: 193,786   Members: 6,895   Active Members: 240
Welcome to our newest member, Kimiko.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TB Anticipation Syndrome

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I splurged on a GES25 in blue. I used my navy S19 for hiking before and it was just too small. I think I will retire that one and save it for one of my kids to use as a book bag when they get out of the cartoon character backpack phase.

Comment

Originally posted by calel View Post
      I splurged on a GES25 in blue. I used my navy S19 for hiking before and it was just too small. I think I will retire that one and save it for one of my kids to use as a book bag when they get out of the cartoon character backpack phase.
      I love that color combo! I rigged the GE S25 to carry a large Tripod Quiver in front (it's carrying a music instrument roll that fills the quiver, but also tried this for a portable stand) courtesy of the front lash patches for carrying additional items. Having difficulty posting right now -- will try to upload pictures later when I don't have to be on cellular to reach the forums. Couldn't do this with the original S25 design.

moriond

Comment

Pop Tote Olive headed my way! (plus a grass travel cublet!!)
        “Order and simplification are the first steps towards mastery of a subject” ― Thomas Mann

Comment

couldn‘t resist any longer (I was always bad on the marshmallow test...): a blue GE S25 will be on its way across the Atlantic shortly! Thus, I only have a couple of days for preparing a good excuse for my partner, ideas welcome!
          ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!)
          current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Comment

OK, the GE S25 arrived for me just a couple of days before the debut, so I'm not anticipating, but to help others like @calel and @bartleby along, I'll upload some pictures. I wanted to see how the extra lash patches could work to help me carry an instrument roll in a Tripod Quiver, so I quickly shot this sequence:

Here's the instument roll and the empty large size Tripod Quiver, respectively lying beside and on top of the Deep Blue GE S25
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3528.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	343.1 KB
ID:	302421

The instrument roll has been placed inside the Tripod Quiver, and I've used a couple of 1" Annex Clips to attach it to the accessory strap holder and bottom loop. (The open Coyote Annex Clip hooked into the top access point is from my Guide's Pack Lead's Pocket). The closed clip hooks onto the webbing loops on the back of the Quiver.

Name:	IMG_3527.JPG
Size:	413.8 KB
ID:	302422

Here's the attached quiver rolled into place. It actually carries nicely. I had to shoot these on the ground, and not in the best lighting conditions, the weekend the bag arrived.

Name:	IMG_3525.JPG
Size:	279.7 KB
ID:	302423

I really love the Deep Blue and Coyote color combination, and the double zippered bottom front pocket. Technically, at just under 5' 4", I'm under the optimal height that this bag is designed for, but it feels pretty comfortable, especially with the frame in place. I haven't tried to make a lot of adjustments to this yet.

HTH

moriond

Comment

I ordered the Black Guide Edition Synapse, and it arrives tomorrow. It's my first Tom Bihn bag, so lets see how this goes.

Comment

Please share pics when it arrives!
                Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
                Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
                Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
                  OK, the GE S25 arrived for me just a couple of days before the debut, so I'm not anticipating, but to help others like @calel and @bartleby along, I'll upload some pictures. I wanted to see how the extra lash patches could work to help me carry an instrument roll in a Tripod Quiver, so I quickly shot this sequence:
                  Great pictures, Moriond! Thank you! That‘s exactly what I want to do: carrying a tripod. Sad that the Tripod Quiver is no longer available...
                  ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!)
                  current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Comment

And here I am, a couple weeks later, waiting for another package. This time a TC in Dawn. My S19 is a delight, but so far I have just been test packing it for a trip to Europe early next year. Can't wait to actually use it!

Comment

Just ordered a Synapse 19 in my beloved Original Halcyon! So thankful to have gotten another chance to own this bag♥

Comment

It's 4pm and UPS tracking is still estimating delivery by end of the day today, but......it's still showing as sitting in the warehouse and not "out for delivery".
                        I realized that the order has gotten delayed by the tidal wave of stuff that was bought by Prime shoppers on cyber Monday.

Update: Next day 10 am and not on the truck today either. Maybe tomorrow? Maybe after Christmas lol. It's not a TB problem, it's a UPS issue. From what i understand, they're completely swamped and only sending out the things that were guaranteed "next day" or "two day" delivery, and even most of those are getting delayed.

Yay!!! Out for delivery and to my door, UPS guy dropped it off just as we were locking up to go out.
                        I'm now the happy owner of a purple pop tote.
                        Last edited by Kelly S; 11-30-2017, 01:17 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Glad you were able to get yours. Mine also experienced a cyber monday delay, something about a UPS truck being late, but being on the east coast means I won't see my pop tote until next Tuesday . I will continue to enjoy all of the wonderful photos on here until then!

Comment

My USPS order was delayed too, it was still halfway across the country on it's 'delivery day' and now doesn't show up. Not a big deal, but I need my travel cubelet

Comment

Totally stoked to watch the _crawling_ clock until my S25 in black halcyon/wasabi arrives in a week. It will be my first one (I own a Co-Pilot, NFTD and WF). I got an ultraviolet one for my daughter for her 18th birthday in November, and not only is it stunning, but it packed like a dream for her on our 3 night/4 day Thanksgiving trip to Michigan. That did me in.

I may or may not sneak up to her room several times a week to visit it...can’t wait for my own!

Comment

This is the longest I’ve ever had to wait for a TB bag to reach me. It shipped out on the 4th, and here it is the 12th, and it STILL HASN’T ARRIVED! It has experienced two delays for some unaccountable reason (the fires, perhaps?). I’m hoping it shows up today, because it’s going to contain the most awesome Mars Red Guide’s Edition Synapse 25! Woot!

Comment

Working...
                                X