Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,995   Posts: 193,735   Members: 6,892   Active Members: 243
Welcome to our newest member, B-Con.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TB Anticipation Syndrome

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mausermama: Please post pics. I keep waffling on whether to order the GES25 in Mars Red, or wait for the regular S25 in Mars Red to come back in stock. I love the coyote, but I don't need the extra features, and the black trim would match my other luggage better.

Comment

Here’s a pic of the Mars Red GE25 with an Alphaviolet Pop Tote. It arrived a week and a half ago, but unfortunately I’m in Germany and won’t have it until Christmas when I’m back in the states.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Boots, Bags, and Beer. (And Coffee)

Comment

My new Original Halcyon DLBP was delivered! Can't wait until I'm home from work. Curious how different it looks with NWS instead of Steel.

Comment

I just ordered a Mars Red Synapse 25 and Original Halcyon Daylight Backpack and I may die of excitement before they arrive [emoji7] I've been waiting for these colours to come in for aeons [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Comment

Here it is and I love it! Feels like an old friend but at the same time like a new bag because the NWS makes a lot of difference. It's so much brighter inside! And I had totally forgotten how crisp the fabric was in the beginning...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171213_175001238_HDR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	437.5 KB
ID:	302494

Comment

I have a different type of TB Anticipation Syndrome.....my best friend gifted me a TB gift certificate for Christmas! Now I need to decide what to buy. Not an easy task when your wish list is super long!
              Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
              Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
              Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Comment

Got the email that the Synapse 25 color I was waiting for was ready and I immediately ordered!! Already got the shipping notice...Deliveries app is now tracking my new TB backpack. Very excited.
                " The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. "

--Dr Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by scottydo View Post
                  Got the email that the Synapse 25 color I was waiting for was ready and I immediately ordered!!
                  AND!? What color did you order?
                  “Commander, I always used to consider that you had a definite anti-authoritarian streak in you.”
                  “Sir?”
                  “It seems that you have managed to retain this even though you are authority.”
                  “Sir?”
                  “That’s practically zen.”
                  -Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Comment

I'm super depressed today from reading the news about net neutrality, so I have made a big order as a form of shop therapy. I've been wanting these bags for months - alphaviolet luminary, night flight duffel, and travel cubelet. got a night flight packing cube to try out as well.

Comment

Wow my order shipped within an hour of ordering!!! The crew is on it today, thank you!!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

lol. Black...I know, kinda boring...but being in the military I wanted a pack I could use/wear in uniform AND that I liked to use while not in uniform. And this fit the bill! Now I have a true everyday (and travel) backpack I can (and want) use.

Again, very excited. And happy to find this community here too.
                        " The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. "

--Dr Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by scottydo View Post
                          lol. Black...I know, kinda boring...but being in the military I wanted a pack I could use/wear in uniform AND that I liked to use while not in uniform. And this fit the bill! Now I have a true everyday (and travel) backpack I can (and want) use.

Again, very excited. And happy to find this community here too.
                          Nothing wrong with black - goes with everything!
                          and thanks for serving
                          “Commander, I always used to consider that you had a definite anti-authoritarian streak in you.”
                          “Sir?”
                          “It seems that you have managed to retain this even though you are authority.”
                          “Sir?”
                          “That’s practically zen.”
                          -Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Comment

I just placed another order, this time for a SCB in Original Halcyon. I figured I should get one before Original Halcyon is gone for good... But this time there's quite a bit of wait - I didn't want to pay for international shipping and taxes again, so I asked a friend for help and will have to wait for it. I should hold it in my hands in a few months. I'm not sure about Wasabi from what I've seen in pictures, but hopefully it will grow on me.

Comment

I've ordered a Mars Red Pop Tote and Travel Cubelet, which started their long journey to New Zealand on Friday. UPS estimates delivery by end of day 27/12/2017, which was initially disappointing because normally they're quite fast. I put it down to extra volume because of the holiday season, and also public holidays in New Zealand on the 25th and 26th. Looking at the tracking this morning, my order is already in Louisville, so I'm hoping that delivery will be earlier than estimated. The usual route from Louisville is Honolulu-Sydney-Auckland-Wellington, and I'm thinking that could be possible in 5 days. I really am keen to see the Pop Tote!
                              A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red and Nebulous Grey, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, Viridian and Grass, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Comment

I started this thread in 2009 and now 75 pages and 8 years later I still have that thrill when my Tom Bihn package is enroute. Yes, once again I have that most delicious of fevers, the Tom Bihn Anticipation Syndrome. I have 2 bags coming, a Shop Bag - large size (I already have the small now for many years,) in Northwest Sky 200 Halcyon, and a Pop Tote in Mars Red 525 Ballistic. Quite an exciting combo. While my Co-Pilot has been a faithful and steadfast servant as my EDC, I am toying with the idea of the Pop Tote being my EDC and strapping my Side Effect into it as a core organizational nexus while expanding my load capability substantially. I am really looking forward to playing around with various configurations. One item I am dwelling on is my water bottle. What is a good way to carry one in the Tote? I'm working on that. Hey, I may even sew up a solution if need be. Ha, it's 10 to 11 at night and I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve again. Thanks Tom and Crew, Merry Christmas!
                                Last edited by ex machina; 12-18-2017, 08:33 PM. Reason: typo
                                Bags: Latest: Pop Tote and Shop Bag (large) ; also have a Co-Pilot, Super Ego (w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut; Medium Cafe Bag; Large Cafe Bag; Brain Cell; Shop Bag small, (Steel); Packing Cube Shoulder Bag. Accessories: Oh yeah, bunches.
                                Sadly Lost to Hazmat: An Imago in Steel/Cork & MCB in Linen/Olive.
                                " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Comment

Working...
                                X