Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,638   Posts: 189,071   Members: 6,627   Active Members: 291
LucieMoonl
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, LucieMoonl.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TB Anticipation Syndrome

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cristina View Post
    Welcome! You're in good company. I myself am awaiting an internal frame sheet for my S25, which I am a little obsessed with. If you're a pocket person you'll love it!
    I was already very nervous on spending so much for an unseen bag, so I didn’t order it with the internal frame. By the time I did more reading and decided I’d probably prefer it, my order had shipped. It’s ok... I’ll be able to make sure the bag is exactly what I want, and decide what accessories I just must have, then I can do a batch order. And pick up another few work shifts.

Comment

Welcome! Love your username.
      Yes, G42 has a good point! Try the S25 on at home before you remove the tags, to be sure it works for you. I find a huge variation in the fit of the TB backpacks for my frame! And I hope you like the Side Kick. It is one of my favorites.

If the S25 works for you, you might eventually decide to get something in a different size range to complement it, since the Western Flyer and Synapse 25, at least theoretically, are almost the same volume. Whereas the Aeronaut 30 is, (of course), 30 liters.
      ----
      All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
      Edmund Burke

Comment

My gorgeous new bits came 3 days early!! The team did such a great job with the colours (I asked for greens and blues). The padded pouch isn’t quiet big enough for my kindle (its intended purpose) but I’ll use it for passports instead so that’s no big! I got a medium case bag, 2 cubelet sand a whole bunch of key straps and pouches. My mum got a side effect and a cubelet. And it’s her birthday today so excellent timing! Click image for larger version

Name:	0D9F1E7D-E3AA-4676-9351-BF01DEDBDABE.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	302690

Comment

Better picture of the colours.

Click image for larger version

Name:	69D1B9F2-01CD-4CBA-808F-BFFC21695185.jpeg
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	302691

Comment

I bought a Synapse 19, and I think I like it…

Comment

Got the shipping notice yesterday for the latest order but don't have the number of days until arrival yet. I'm now a confirmed/admitted addict. Had been wavering on a few items and got pushed over the line with the announced retirement of the Field Journal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

S25 & SK arrived 2 days early but I was gone for the weekend. Really got to look it over today. Click image for larger version

Name:	5E7C6FE2-C6E0-451A-B9D7-CA103917DC96.jpeg
Size:	618.8 KB
ID:	302703

I took everything I’d packed in my Samsonite Large Underseater and put it into the s25 pretty haphazardly. SK (loaded with my normal PLO stuff) still fit into the bottom front pocket. I didn’t think it was particularly comfortable, but shockingly I could carry it for a while. Practice-packing is giving me some ideas on what I need to order.

Comment

I recently realized/decided that I needed a smaller bag for shorter business trips, so yesterday I ordered a Tristar. It'll be my second TB bag, having upgraded my work backpack to a Synapse 25 in the middle of last year. The new bag should arrive Monday, probably right after I leave on just the sort of short trip I bought it for!

I do have a question about TB anticipation syndrome: is it normal to keep watching and reading ALL the reviews out there while UPS takes their sweet time bringing me my bag?

I thought so.

Comment

Originally posted by macmuse View Post
                    Got the shipping notice yesterday for the latest order but don't have the number of days until arrival yet. I'm now a confirmed/admitted addict. Had been wavering on a few items and got pushed over the line with the announced retirement of the Field Journal.

Okay, delivery is still saying next Monday. Hoping this one is true to form and arrives Saturday. :-D

Comment

I ordered a synapse 19 in beautiful original halcyon and a nice SK in black halcyon with island inside. The order went through right away and was shipped quickly. Unfortunately I missed the UPS guy who came during lunch while I could only come back home at 1 pm. I will spend the week-end looking at pictures instead of test packing my new EDC! I read somewhere that delaying enjoyment of something makes it even better. So...

Comment

HI fellow Bihnities! (Is this how we refer to our great love for Bihn accessories and bags?)

I am enjoying reading everyone's thoughts and well informed posts on the different bags and accessories. It has given me the impetuous to go ahead and purchase a few well thought out and needed items for traveling. I own a Medium Cafe Bag in steel, a see through wallet and I bought a Side Effect for a friend a while back.

So in the beginning of March (yes, I need to wait a few weeks before placing an order since I am finishing paying off some needed dental work and paying rent at the end of the month. You all know how that goes!)

I live in Denver but seem to head back to Vegas, Southern California or another locale for a weekend trip 3-4 times throughout the year. So its time to get the needed proper bags. I will purchase a Sidekick, a Pop Tote and a Stuff Sack (or two.) When I fly I rarely bring toiletries since I like to get through security with a minimum of fuss and family usually has supplies on hand or I can hit the store when I arrive. Plus I usually just bring my phone (and maybe a tablet) when I fly as that adds time heading through security. I already set the alarms off from the rods in my back each time so that adds time for me.

So in the second week of March I can place my order. I will purchase complimentary colours to my steel cafe bag. As long as they don't clash and aren't bright hues I shall be good to go. I don't particularly like green or wasabi either. Yeah, I am particular but I see the potential colour choices.

The thing I am wondering is if the bags will reach me in time as my next trip is the weekend of the 16-19th of March. I am thinking of ordering on the 4-5th of March and thinking Seattle to Denver shouldn't be needed to do rush shipping? I am not leaving until the night of the 15th or the morning of the 16th. I want to hold off buying my plane ticket until the week before so there is no danger of me having to cancel the trip if we are snowed in here. A true concern living in Denver from December-April for me.

Any thoughts are much appreciated....

Comment

Finally broke down and ordered an Absolute Strap. Need it for my Medium Yeoman. Can also use it with my WF when needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great choice! The Absolute Strap is truly a game changer.

Comment

I'd meant to get the Nordic/Wasabi Sprout, but someone beat me to it. No matter, as I'm now waiting on the Black/UV one. Also really looking forward to the Alphaviolet/Dawn SE from a separate order and a replacement buckle for my Imago 8-)

Comment

I keep checking UPS status for my first order (Aubergine A30 wheeeeee!) and already have another cart ready to go. I think that makes me official? So hi

Comment

Working...
                                X