Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,955   Posts: 193,124   Members: 6,830   Active Members: 287
Welcome to our newest member, andyiowa.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TB Anticipation Syndrome

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome, nopeimknitting! Love your username.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Comment

Welcome nopeimknitting your username rocks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "Go forward and never lose sight of your dreams."

SE (2), SC, DLBP (2), Swift, LS, Spiff Kit, SK, SCB, MCB, LCB, LSB, SSB (2), PT, FJN (2), Pilot, BB, Synik 22, Strap Keepers, Synik 30, TT (6), TSS (lots), COW, PCSB, 3DOC (2), Smart Alec, Cubelet, Pocket Pouch, GWP and other pouches/cubes

Comment

So, after indulging my bag fetish on other TB purchases, I just placed an order for an S25 in Black halcyon/Island halcyon, an S25 internal frame, a Cubelet in Mars Red, a long red key strap, and some Island zipper pulls. My birthday is Saturday so it's like a birthday present for myself. You know, for those days when my beloved S19 isn't quite big enough to hold all my goodies.

Now, the week of TBAS begins...
        Small Cafe Bag in Deep Blue/Grass - Medium Cafe Bag in Alphaviolet/Cloud - Pop Tote in Olive; Side Kicks in Aubergine/Island Halcyon, Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Side Effect in Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky Halcyon - S25 in Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Luminary 15 in Nebulous Gray/Island

Comment

My wife received her Aubergine/Wasabi TS on Monday, and all week I was prepping my order, which I just placed!
          • Brain Bag - Mars Red/Canyon Ballistic
          • Medium Cafe Bag - Nordic/Wasabi Halcyon
          • TriStar Packing Cube Backpack - Ultraviolet Halcyon
          • Pocket Travel Pillow
          • a couple of keystraps, one to connect the PTP to my wife's TS (the PCB is also for that) and one to connect my carabinered keys to an o-ring in the BB

Now comes the one-week wait. Fortunately, I'm off next Friday so I can start playing as soon as it arrives.

Comment

I placed an order just over a week ago, thinking the timing would be perfect to have it arrive before a day trip planned for this weekend.

Well, the timing was perfect - it arrived at my office on Thursday. Unfortunately, the worst snow we've had in this country for a while means that I worked from a different office on Thursday, and at home on Friday. So, hopefully, when I get to my desk tomorrow, there will a be a TB box waiting for me with:
            • A Pop Tote in Ultraviolet
            • A MCB in Deep Blue/Canyon
            • Cubelet in Canyon
            • Cubelet in Mars Red
            • A knitting tool pouch in Navy

(The snow is now mostly gone, but I think a splash of ultraviolet will still brighten the day.)

Comment

Originally posted by katt94 View Post
              I placed an order just over a week ago, thinking the timing would be perfect to have it arrive before a day trip planned for this weekend.

Well, the timing was perfect - it arrived at my office on Thursday. Unfortunately, the worst snow we've had in this country for a while means that I worked from a different office on Thursday, and at home on Friday. So, hopefully, when I get to my desk tomorrow, there will a be a TB box waiting for me with:
              • A Pop Tote in Ultraviolet
              • A MCB in Deep Blue/Canyon
              • Cubelet in Canyon
              • Cubelet in Mars Red
              • A knitting tool pouch in Navy

(The snow is now mostly gone, but I think a splash of ultraviolet will still brighten the day.)
              Oh no! What is worse than a snowstorm in March? A TB delivery delay!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
              "Not all who wander are lost"
              "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
              Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Comment

Just ordered a Deep Blue Synapse 25 Guide Edition. Super excited for it to get here in like a week. The wait is going to KILL me.
                EDC: Synapse 25 Guide Edition - Deep Blue
                Others: Birds and Beans Limited Edition Small Cafe Bag - Burnt Orange

Comment

I have placed my order for an Olive SE, with key straps and waist strap. I must have had a blank moment because I forgot to order a hand strap. So happy that the olive SE came back in stock. It will fit perfectly in my backpack.

Comment

Originally posted by Passagare View Post
                    Now comes the one-week wait. Fortunately, I'm off next Friday so I can start playing as soon as it arrives.
                    Well, it took more than a week, but it just arrived. Now, I just have to wait about two more hours until I can go home and open it!

Comment

Yayyyyyyy...

My new Synapse 25 arrived on Thursday and I have been using it since.

Click image for larger version

Name:	S25.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	303692

It's definitely bigger than my S19, which is why I wanted it, to carry my schtuff when I have too much schtuff than will fit in the compact S19.
                      Small Cafe Bag in Deep Blue/Grass - Medium Cafe Bag in Alphaviolet/Cloud - Pop Tote in Olive; Side Kicks in Aubergine/Island Halcyon, Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Side Effect in Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky Halcyon - S25 in Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Luminary 15 in Nebulous Gray/Island

Comment

Ordered a Tri-Star in Nordic/Iberian yesterday, then got the email today that the packing cubes were back in stock. Sigh. Shoulda waited a day, but the Tri-Star page said there were only a few left in that color, but having missed out on specific colors too may times, I pulled the trigger! I'm looking forward to trying the Tri-Star in Dyneema, as I found the Ballistic to be too stiff (I long ago de-stashed it on eBay). I've honed my packing skills over the last two years, and, even with a travel CPAP and bigger clothing, think I can make this work for 5-7 day leisure trips. I hope to test it out on a trip to Nashville in a few months. I had been using an A45/Co-Pilot or Western Flyer/S25 combo, but "lost" the WF to Mrs. Nuke, who has deemed it "perfect" for her. I also think I'll like the shift to a more organized carry-on, as I've tended to over-fill the A45 on occasion. Can't wait to get it and practice pack!
                        Eat well, travel often.

Comment

Yes! Click image for larger version

Name:	E85A7650-BECA-461D-B064-2D4CBFD7D993.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	303705
                          EDC: Synapse 25 Guide Edition - Deep Blue
                          Others: Birds and Beans Limited Edition Small Cafe Bag - Burnt Orange

Comment

Does anyone else have items hiding in a birthday storage place? I have bought several second-hand TB items recently, all in discontinued colors(!) and my birthday isn't until August. I am torturing myself until then by insisting they stay in the waiting place! I guess I like having something to look forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by Cristina View Post
                              Does anyone else have items hiding in a birthday storage place? I have bought several second-hand TB items recently, all in discontinued colors(!) and my birthday isn't until August. I am torturing myself until then by insisting they stay in the waiting place! I guess I like having something to look forward to.
                              That is a flavor of willpower with which I am not familiar

Comment

Scored an aubergine Sitka little swift, I feel like I just caught a unicorn. Long live Sitka!!!! Now, can I bring myself to spend $55 on the Sitka travel tray on eBay...? Probably not :-( but let the waiting game begin...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
                                "Not all who wander are lost"
                                "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
                                Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Comment

Working...
                                X