Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,995   Posts: 193,735   Members: 6,892   Active Members: 243
Welcome to our newest member, B-Con.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TB Anticipation Syndrome

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b1gsky View Post
    Me too! I only remembered reading about it after I got the message. I ordered a L12 in NG/Dawn, which color do you get?
    Me three! I got so excited I started dancing in my seat. Who knew you could get so excited about an early delivery. I guess the colorway I chose helped (L12 in NG/Island).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dreams."

SE (2), SC, DLBP (2), Swift, LS, Spiff Kit, SK, SCB, MCB, LCB, LSB, SSB (2), PT, FJN (2), Pilot, BB, Synik 22, Strap Keepers, Synik 30, TT (6), TSS (lots), COW, PCSB, 3DOC (2), Smart Alec, Cubelet, Pocket Pouch, GWP and other pouches/cubes

Comment

Originally posted by Slaynie View Post
      Same thing! L12 in NG/Dawn! I need to mentally prepare for what I'm going to use it for now. The Luminary is just one of those bags that I have wanted for at least a year now, but don't have any specific plans for. Maybe a city exploration day needs to be planned
      I had planned to use mine as an EDC for work. My SCB is a bit too small if I want to carry lunch as well and my DLBP too big. And with the Luminary I will have a better place to store my iPad or E-reader when I want to take them with me for the commute. And I plan to finally put my Travel Cubelet to use inside the Luminary. Also for travel, I will be going to Munich in April to visit my best friend and then go to Paris with the family in May. Can’t wait to see how that works out with the L12!

Comment

Should be brilliant for exploring. I used my S19 through Paris last year and it worked well. It was large enough that I could shove my winter coat inside while indoors at museums. My daily commute is long, but I drive to work and I don't really bring much other than my travel cubelet and lunch bag. I think the L12 will be perfect for hopping on a train to go downtown, or if I go for a longer walk/adventure in my neighborhood.

Comment

Been umming and ahhing about replacing my S25 for a few months now, as it's had a few niggling problems (tl;dr, it was a second hand buy from eBay, unfortunately I'm not sure it was looked after very well)

Well an unexpected work bonus just sealed the deal! Nebulous Grey/Island Ballistic with internal frame. S25 has been brilliant as my EDC, but can't wait to give it it's first real test when I go to Amsterdam for a couple of days next month 😁
          Current Carry: S25 (Cloud/Island)
          Wishlist: 3DOC (NWS Halcyon), A45 Small Laundry Packing Cube(Wasabi), PCSB (NWS), S25 Internal Frame

Comment

And so it begins...today I received the notification that my L12 has shipped...

SE (2), SC, DLBP (2), Swift, LS, Spiff Kit, SK, SCB, MCB, LCB, LSB, SSB (2), PT, FJN (2), Pilot, BB, Synik 22, Strap Keepers, Synik 30, TT (6), TSS (lots), COW, PCSB, 3DOC (2), Smart Alec, Cubelet, Pocket Pouch, GWP and other pouches/cubes

Comment

Me too! It's supposed to arrive on Tuesday. Fingers crossed that there won't be any problems.

Comment

Looks like either Monday or Tuesday for me! Can't wait to play around with it, I haven't ordered myself a new Tom Bihn bag in a few months!

Comment

Just ordered a Synapse 25 and Pilot bag, can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by genkicar View Post
                    Just ordered a Synapse 25 and Pilot bag, can't wait!
                    Welcome to the forums, @genkicar! Great bag choices. :-) Hope they arrive soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Cristina View Post
                      Welcome to the forums, @genkicar! Great bag choices. :-) Hope they arrive soon!
                      Thanks! According to the tracking, next Friday, the wait is a killer!

Comment

Shipped yesterday, due Wednesday, much quicker than I thought �� nice early birthday present to myself

BTW if anyone's in the market for a Cloud/Island ballistic S25 (after a good scrub and a coat of Nikwax)...
                        Current Carry: S25 (Cloud/Island)
                        Wishlist: 3DOC (NWS Halcyon), A45 Small Laundry Packing Cube(Wasabi), PCSB (NWS), S25 Internal Frame

Comment

Originally posted by b1gsky View Post
                          Me too! It's supposed to arrive on Tuesday. Fingers crossed that there won't be any problems.
                          Mine is saying Wednesday...ugh, can’t wait to load it up.

Comment

I thought it was nerve-wracking to wait for a new order. But that is as nothing compared to my butterflies when I was awaiting my trusty S19, that I had sent in for a minor repair! UPS teased me by saying it had been delivered, yet no box was on my porch. But when I called it turned out it was still on the truck. Finally - finally, the doorbell rang and I was reunited with my old friend! Looks like-new and ready for more adventures!! Huzzah!! And three cheers for the TB Crew (with special shoutout to Kat, who reassured me throughout the whole process) whose turnaround time and quality of craftsmanship are amazing as always!!!

Comment

A new-to-me CP in original (white grid) Nordic/Solar was on it's way to me from a fellow Forum member on UK eBay, with help from @cristina, as some of you may have seen in the photos she posted...

It arrived to my work address TODAY - that was super fast! But I'm out on a work trip, so I'm still a couple thousand miles away from it -arrgh!

Hopefully my trip and return flights back to CA work out so I can swooooop into the office Friday and pick up my lovely new bit of happiness
                              “Commander, I always used to consider that you had a definite anti-authoritarian streak in you.”
                              “Sir?”
                              “It seems that you have managed to retain this even though you are authority.”
                              “Sir?”
                              “That’s practically zen.”
                              -Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post
                                A new-to-me CP in original (white grid) Nordic/Solar was on it's way to me from a fellow Forum member on UK eBay, with help from @cristina, as some of you may have seen in the photos she posted...

It arrived to my work address TODAY - that was super fast! But I'm out on a work trip, so I'm still a couple thousand miles away from it -arrgh!

Hopefully my trip and return flights back to CA work out so I can swooooop into the office Friday and pick up my lovely new bit of happiness

Congrats. What a great bag. Original nordic/solar is my very favorite TB colorway. Looking forward to pictures.
                                Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Comment

Working...
                                X