Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,950   Posts: 193,073   Members: 6,828   Active Members: 294
Welcome to our newest member, JuniorCyclist.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TB Anticipation Syndrome

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burnt orange, aubergine, and deep blue, here. It'll be my first burnt orange anything from TB (really hoping I like it!), as well as my first SAs. I like that I can get a bold color like the orange without it being overpowering, as half the bag is black.

Kinda killed my wallet though.. I really hope they'll do another run of Paramours later because I had to skip those in favor of the "one shot" at SAs.

Comment

I *really* wanted a SA, Aubergine was calling me, but I’ve learned that I’m not able to carry loads on my back anymore. I did order the Paramour, in Aubergine and Deep Blue. I had tried out the Paragon and really liked it, except for the flat front pocket and the flap zippers, so I’m hoping the Paramour as a travel personal item will be perfect for me.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadD View Post

Agreed, the grey interiors are not so inspiring. Really wish there was better choice of lighter and brighter colours.
        I am loving the grey interiors! I have them on a few other bags as well, and they are light enough to see everything and neutral enough not to clash. I brighten them up with stuff sacks and various organizer pouches, usually in UltraViolet and Solar/Solaris. The grey interiors are also light enough I can use my darker pouches like Aubergine and even black without losing them in the depths like I would in a black bag.

I kept my order simple, one Aubergine SA because that has been my holy grail bag for a long time, the lower modular pocket for it which I think will also work nicely in my Swift, and an Aubergine Paramour because this might suit better than my Synapse 19 for certain outings.
        Rambling On. . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Meglet View Post

I am loving the grey interiors! I have them on a few other bags as well, and they are light enough to see everything and neutral enough not to clash. I brighten them up with stuff sacks and various organizer pouches, usually in UltraViolet and Solar/Solaris. The grey interiors are also light enough I can use my darker pouches like Aubergine and even black without losing them in the depths like I would in a black bag.

I kept my order simple, one Aubergine SA because that has been my holy grail bag for a long time, the lower modular pocket for it which I think will also work nicely in my Swift, and an Aubergine Paramour because this might suit better than my Synapse 19 for certain outings.
          Agreed, I love the grey too. (But I'm not opposed to ultraviolet, island or solaris if it goes with the exterior, either.)

Comment

I'm also a fan of grey interiors. They offer a helpful unity of interior visibility and remaining fairly resilient against looking too dirty or shabby. Plus, it's neutral enough that it matches decently with just about any outer color. The 525 Cloud ballistic is just about the perfect interior I'd choose as a 'default' selection. The grid pattern on the Northwest Sky halcyon makes it look a bit too visually "busy" as an interior on a backpack, but that's just personal preference speaking; I'm sure the material is durable and of good quality.

Sometimes, I'll see a particular color pairing and think, "They put that color with THAT color?" but I've never said that about a pack that had a grey interior.

Comment

Originally posted by ittoujuu View Post

Sometimes, I'll see a particular color pairing and think, "They put that color with THAT color?" but I've never said that about a pack that had a grey interior.
              :::side eye to the seapine and sangria swift:::

Comment

I know colors are very subjective, but I've never understood mixing grey (like Northwest Sky or Cloud) with a warm tone (like Coyote, Ursa, or Burnt Orange). To me, they clash, particularly if the grey has a blue undertone.
                ----
                All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
                Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by bchaplin View Post
                  I know colors are very subjective, but I've never understood mixing grey (like Northwest Sky or Cloud) with a warm tone (like Coyote, Ursa, or Burnt Orange). To me, they clash, particularly if the grey has a blue undertone.
                  I love greys and will always accept them, but do prefer cool with cool and warm with warm too. I think the 200d white grid Taiga and the (discontinued) 210 Canyon ballistic make good interiors with the the browns, greens, and aubergine. The 200d Coyote also works but is darker to me.
                  “Commander, I always used to consider that you had a definite anti-authoritarian streak in you.”
                  “Sir?”
                  “It seems that you have managed to retain this even though you are authority.”
                  “Sir?”
                  “That’s practically zen.”
                  -Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Comment

When UPS calls because customs isn't happy with the list of contents that TB provided, and you are asked to provide a detailed list, now, on the phone ... Dude, the Yeoman pre-order was in January and things kind of escalated after that

Comment

After auditioning both the LGD…and LPD…and realizing my SK was too short a bag to fit my new digital camera…I was jump-for-joy (or more like relief?) excited when my new Bummer fanny packs finally came in the mail, because they’re tall enough to fit a Canon G7X Mark II in its case.

The outside, Cafe Bag-style flap pocket on the LGD could fit the camera without the case, the LPD outside pocket wasn’t able to fit either the case or the camera, and both had a really annoying main compartment whose zipper was obstructed by a top flat that made it very difficult to open quickly, especially with one hand.

Both of the two zippers on the outside of the Bummer open just like my favorite SK, and don’t have a flap covering them.

Normally I carry an SK or EC down with me on family trips to Disney World, but their new ride reservation system is so dependent on all-day smartphone usage I needed a bag that could fit both my digital camera and a couple small power banks.

The EC is deep enough to fit the camera/case by itself, but there isn’t much room leftover in the main compartment for anything else (like spare power banks).

Hoping to post a review when I get back from the trip at the end of July, but for right now I’m just happy to have found a theme park bag that can fit my stuff!

Attached Files
                      Last edited by Chicagoan; 07-05-2022, 06:50 PM.
                      I own a LOT of Tom Bihn bags, but here are the ones I'm using right now:
                      Everyday Carry: Cambiata
                      Hiking Daypack: ADX31

Car and Plane Travel: CP, TS, and SZTSB

Comment

It's a race between USPS and UPS...I have two packages out for delivery. One of them has a Nebulous/Zest SK, curious to see that in person

ETA: USPS for the win! but UPS right to the door
                        Last edited by G42; 09-23-2022, 06:52 PM.
                        “Commander, I always used to consider that you had a definite anti-authoritarian streak in you.”
                        “Sir?”
                        “Sir?”

Comment

I have been stalking a black 400d halcyon Pilot with blackout label for over a month. In that time I’ve seen it go in and out of stock twice. After the second time I emailed the crew to see if there was any chance they had one last one lying around. No luck but I just saw one pop up on the site and quickly grabbed it. My wallet is lighter but that will be remedied as soon as I get my tracking number

Comment

The SA has been one rare bird to try and spot.

I had one pre-ordered, and so long as I'm sticking to bird thematics, I chickened-out and cancelled the order.

As penance, it felt like, every time one came up in a limited quantity restock, I wasn't quick enough to check out and buy one before someone else did.

So I just got in the habit of searching the item on Mondays and Tuesdays (when they seem to put returned items back in inventory).

On a whim one afternoon I punch in the same tired search and BAM! There's actually one in stock. And it's in my favorite color (Ursa) to boot!

So I bought it immediately.

It finally came in the mail the other day and I've been commuting to and from work with it.

My wife made me laugh when I showed it to her - she said it had a "Muppet mouth." I'm sure the red lining makes it an easy comparison, but I really do enjoy the unique way the main compartment opens, and that most the zippers run along a very easy-to-open, curvilinear path.

I can fit all my EDC items inside a TC, so the SA is more room than I generally need, but it keeps all the small stuff toward the outside and top, so it probably would make a great "one bag" carry on item where you want to keep all the EDC stuff within quick and easy reach but have enough room leftover to fit a change or two of clothes and a toiletry kit.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20221109_212549.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.84 MB ID:	343836
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	20221109_212633.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.33 MB ID:	343837
                            I own a LOT of Tom Bihn bags, but here are the ones I'm using right now:
                            Everyday Carry: Cambiata
                            Hiking Daypack: ADX31

Car and Plane Travel: CP, TS, and SZTSB

Comment

I love my SA
                              “Sir?”
                              “Sir?”

Comment

I haven't been around the forums in a long time, and am just catching up. A lot has changed! I didn't order anything from the holiday debut, but recently acquired a Cambiata. Love that it stands up on its own, allows a laptop to be carried without a cache (my bags are old, ha!), and has the shoulder and backpack options. I had an LL Bean bag from about 2 decades ago that had both and was much smaller and wore it out.

And then I decided I needed a Synik 22 and a bunch of smaller items. So those will be here tomorrow and I can hardly wait!
                                TB Stuff: Cadet (steel/iberian), Pilot (verde/steel), Synapse 19 (Black/Wasabi), Synapse 25 (New Nordic/NW Sky), Swift (Aubergine/NW Sky), Makers Bag (Black/Steel), Aeronaut 30 (Black/Zest), Aeronaut 45 (Black/Ultraviolet).

Comment

Working...
                                X