Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,958   Posts: 193,173   Members: 6,835   Active Members: 287
Welcome to our newest member, snowl.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TB Anticipation Syndrome

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G42
    replied
    Originally posted by moriond View Post
    What turned out to be more iffy for me were the original version Shop Bags in Boreal Ruff Stuff. I think this fabric works well in the grab bags and the Tray Bien, and Trucks. But I find this too thick/rough for my typical Shop Bag usage, and prefer Halcyon (or the soft Olive Twill). YMMV

moriond
    My perception of the Boreal was that it was pretty sturdy and rough too... definitely the texture isn't my beloved halcyon... so I'm using it for things that are rougher... I just moved two 15lb handweights in it for instance
    Last edited by G42; 04-22-2022, 03:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Hi All,
    Originally posted by setrombley View Post
    The email said they were supposed to begin shipping April 15, so it's quite curious that people haven't even gotten shipping notifications yet.
    Originally posted by MatthewR View Post
    G42 Is right on the money with respect to this being a slower pre-order to pick and ship. As a pre-order, this one has a bit of a long tail. I'd expect everyone that ordered a pre-order to have shipping notifications by next Tuesday at the latest unless we get absolutely buried in orders over the weekend.
    I'll just add that I have received my shipment, but I think that I posted when the preorder started that the ingrained response to make selections within a short time of the event going live applied here, too, even though this was a preorder, so I basically made all the selections on the day the preorder opened, and only added a few items that I had forgotten to include (Moab EC and Cubelet and one or two low quantity restocks that showed up) later that same day. Then I didn't make any more additions or last minute items to include, so this was an easy order for them to handle. Life has been super busy recently. The item that I most expected to love, the Little Swift in 630d Logic Blue, did not disappoint, nor did the bunch of fabric 3D Organizer Cubes in 200d Halcyon and the occasional yarn stuff sack (e.g. Moab). And I got my mini Yeoman Duffel in 1050d Ballistic Verde. What turned out to be more iffy for me were the original version Shop Bags in Boreal Ruff Stuff. I think this fabric works well in the grab bags and the Tray Bien, and Trucks. But I find this too thick/rough for my typical Shop Bag usage, and prefer Halcyon (or the soft Olive Twill). YMMV

moriond

ETA: I am a tactile person (have you caressed your Tom Bihn bag or accessory today?) so qualities like the hand of the 630d recycled fabrics, etc. figure into my impressions. Doubtless someone who puts their shop bags through amazingly hard wear and tear can better appreciate the character advantages of having this in Boreal Ruff Stuff.
    Last edited by moriond; 04-22-2022, 02:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MatthewR
    replied
    G42 Is right on the money with respect to this being a slower pre-order to pick and ship. As a pre-order, this one has a bit of a long tail. I'd expect everyone that ordered a pre-order to have shipping notifications by next Tuesday at the latest unless we get absolutely buried in orders over the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Originally posted by setrombley View Post
    The email said they were supposed to begin shipping April 15, so it's quite curious that people haven't even gotten shipping notifications yet.
    Pure speculation on my part, but I'm assuming: there were a lot of orders since these items haven't been available in years; the orders are complicated by having many small items which is longer to pick and then check vs one large bag; there may have been a lot of addons and subtractions; people (like me) may have also left the Yeoman pre-order shipping to combine with this one; and there may have been vacations, covid concerns, etc.
    They're still on track for the 'late April' original timing and definitely there are folks here and on Ravelry who have received their orders.

Which doesn't change the fact that I want mine yesterday ?

ETA: we can see if maybe MikeV has any general update status, but if they're that swamped, he might be helping ship!
    Last edited by G42; 04-22-2022, 12:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• setrombley
    replied

Leave a comment:

• thepatternslave
    replied
    I am on pins and needles waiting for my knitting gear order. I'm checking the site a few times a day to see if it's shipped yet, but I guess it's like a watched pot that never boils. The more I look the longer it will take.

ETA 4/30: finally decided to bug the crew. a glitch happened and no shipping order was generated for my orders. They're taking care of it now and two of my orders show as fulfilled so I should have my goodies in a couple of days. yay!
    Last edited by thepatternslave; 04-30-2022, 02:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Packseeker
    replied
    I ordered a Brain Bag and Pilot, along with a few other items on the 4-6 restock. Been waiting a while on the Brain Bag, along with debating that item versus one of the Synik bags. Decided the Brain Bag suited me better. Order shipped from Tacoma on 4-7 via UPS. Arrived in Minnesota on 4-8 and hit the weekend. Arrived today. Box intact. Of course sitting out on my front deck, somewhat hidden from view of the street. Thankfully no rain today.
    Have to admit I am glad I got the Brain Bag. Transferred items from my older non TB backpack and seem to have lots of room left over. I picked a popular combo it seems: Black with Island. Looks like it is already sold out.
    Impressed with the speed of packing and shipping to UPS on TB’s part.

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Just received the email saying that the Yeoman / LPD pre-orders are shipping March 16th!

ETA, should've mentioned that if you also have a knitting pre-order, it'll all hold until that one is ready to ship, unless you ask for it to release
    Last edited by G42; 03-02-2022, 06:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Meglet
    replied
    A few years ago I started keeping a “mobile charging pack” which contained a USB charging brick plus two USB charging cables for my mobile devices. It’s smaller than my full charging pack because sometimes I just need to grab a bit of power for the phone and tablet.

Recently I updated it because my iPad Mini uses USB-C instead of Lightning, and adding the second cable means this no longer fits in my fabric organizer pouch.

So now I’m very excited to have a Solaris Cubelet on the way, it will be the perfect size for a small charging kit and the bright color will make it easy to find in my bag!

Leave a comment:

• Surrealle
    replied
    Originally posted by cujo View Post
    So painful. We got a bunch of snow this week, so my Techonaut 30 delivery has been delayed 4 days now from its original estimated delivery date, and still not showing a delivery date.

Reading some of the posts above about shipments delayed for weeks, I guess I shouldn't complain. Hopefully soon... I "need" it for a trip in a week!
    Ugh, that's rough. I hope it comes through in time (and intact)!

Leave a comment:

• cujo
    replied
    So painful. We got a bunch of snow this week, so my Techonaut 30 delivery has been delayed 4 days now from its original estimated delivery date, and still not showing a delivery date.

Reading some of the posts above about shipments delayed for weeks, I guess I shouldn't complain. Hopefully soon... I "need" it for a trip in a week!
    Last edited by cujo; 01-08-2022, 05:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kanne
    replied
    Originally posted by Kanne View Post

I was interested in those too, but didn't order due to my recent problems with UPS. I do hope the package I'm still waiting for does not look beat up like that.
    The second delayed package arrived today, 6 weeks after sending. I'm relieved.
    Also, the box is made of the new material and totally undamaged.

I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Given the millions and millions of packages shipped every year, it's not surprising that some are damaged... It's especially hard now due to all the supply chain disruptions in terms of routes, loading, personnel, etc. Not excuses per se, but there are reasons...
    (I don't work for the small parcel shipping industry directly but in a related field)
    Hang in there everyone, it's liable to be fraught for quite some time.

Leave a comment:

• Kanne
    replied
    Originally posted by dirkhaun View Post

Hehe. As you can see, I went all-in on the Tray Bien. And TB crew went all-out with their packing skills.
    I was interested in those too, but didn't order due to my recent problems with UPS. I do hope the package I'm still waiting for does not look beat up like that.

Leave a comment:

• Kanne
    replied
    Originally posted by dirkhaun View Post
    One thing that certainly is not helping with TBAS when you're outside the US is to use the USPS shipping option (that's the US Postal Services, not the company with the brown vans). Today, my order from the 11/29 restock arrived (with UPS, and in a pretty beat-up box, I have to add), whereas my order from the 11/16 restock (shipped with USPS) is still nowhere to be seen. Oh well, it'll show up one day, I'm sure.
    I do have the opposite experience.

I'm in Germany and my last two UPS packages from Tom Bihn have been delayed a lot. One package arrived 5 weeks after sending, the other is still in Cologne since the 19th of November and not moving. Both got stuck in Cologne/Germany, before that they moved fast.

UPS didn't help me when I filed complaints and they didn't get back to me like they promised. Disappointing.

An USPS- shipment from Tom Bihn arrived fast. Everything dutiable I got from abroad in the last weeks, that is handled by DHL in Germany (which would be everything sent by USPS from the US) arrived really fast.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X