Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,818   Posts: 191,204   Members: 6,714   Active Members: 267
Welcome to our newest member, adb755.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TB Anticipation Syndrome

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My order is out for delivery. It seems like this is the longest part of the waiting.
    Indigo/Black Swift, Kiwi little Swift, Indigo Side Effect, Punch Small Cafe bag, Plum Clear Organizer Wallet, Tall Yarn Stuff sacks in Solar and Steel,

Comment

Originally posted by jaon View Post
      My order is out for delivery. It seems like this is the longest part of the waiting.
      Isn't it just? Knowing it's out on some van somewhere, and oh so close but not quite there yet.

The anticipation is building here - I put in an order last week for the WF in Navy/Iberian (which is on back order), packing cubes, a travel tray and some pouches... odd how the order always grows by a couple of accessories from what I originally was going to buy
      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

I _thought_ I could cope with having my order sitting waiting at the factory for just one last teeny weeny iberian dynemma 3D ... but I'm going CRAAAAAAZY here.

Gotta go to the Sydney Easter Show tomorrow without my synapse ... boo hoo....
        List under construction ....

Comment

And to prove that sometimes the universe (or the TB crew) is listening to us ....

.... just got a shipping notification - eta 4 April. whoooohooo

Comment

Placed my order Monday night and got my shipping notice Tuesday morning. Great job, TB shipping crew!
            Aeronaut (crimson) with Absolute Strap, Synapse (navy), Smart Alec (black/steel/solar), Shop Bag (solar), cache for MBP, cache for iPad2, and numerous pouches and key straps.

Comment

So glad we could make your day. Enjoy your pouches!
              Scott Schweiger
              TOM BIHN Shipping Department
              Original Designs Made in USA Since 1972

U.S. 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: 206-652-4123
              4750A Ohio Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98134 USA
              Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Comment

Botany, Australia 30/03/2013 20:24 Destination Scan
                Today is a public holiday, so is tomorrow .... so close and yet so far...

Comment

Playing the waiting game here again too. :-) Found out a couple days ago that I'll be spending 2 weeks back at the National Fire Academy in Maryland for a class, so decided to order the Smart Alec I've been drooling over. I almost went with the new Synapse 25, but as cool as it is, I really like the SA (plus the class is in early May before the estimated ship date for the S25). Went with Cardinal and an upper pocket, plus 3 of the gatekeeper straps. Also decided to get one of the Glowire kits (yellow): not sure I "need" that, but it's too cool to pass up.

Let the wait begin. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisG View Post
                    Let the wait begin. ;-)
                    TBAS is is high effect now. The package arrived at our local UPS office this morning - but since it's Saturday it won't be delivered until Monday. So near, and yet so far. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisG View Post
                      TBAS is is high effect now. The package arrived at our local UPS office this morning - but since it's Saturday it won't be delivered until Monday. So near, and yet so far. ;-)
                      I'm sitting next to a cardinal Wester Flyer as I type and it really is a great colour. There's a lot of black in there as well as red. So much so as it reminds me of the work of the 3d artist Anish Kapur and something he once said...

"Red makes the kind of black that blue doesn't. The kind of black that you see when you close your eyes ... a black that you are intimately familliar with ..." Anish Kapur 2009

Cardinal is exactly the red he was talking about!

Comment

TBAS at very high level.

My Western Flyer and it's buddies have been across the Atlantic twice (yes, I know. It appears to have made it all the way to Castle Donnington (only 25 miles from where I live and I pass it on the way to and from work) only to go back to Newark NJ, before going to Stanstead (UK), back to Castle Donnington and then to Tamworth where it has dozed all weekend. And I'm off on a work conference all week and won't get to see the lovely stuff until Friday. Still, it'll be something to look forward to when I get back *big grin*
                        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

That's how UPS's tracker works! The only thing I've learnt is that it will arrive on the original due date whatever fairy stories they tell you in between, even if they say they've rescheduled it! I rang and asked UPS about this and was told that the tracking data is only an estimate of where they think it should be... or fairy stories!

Comment

Couldn't resist the black/wasabi side effect along with a long Ultraviolet Dyneema strap and then somehow several other items ended up in my cart...the black/ultraviolet Swift I have been lusting after (finally), and to fill the box: another pocket, a couple of handle loops, one utility strap,and an organizer pouch. I wonder what I forgot... :-)

Yes, it is an addiction....And now the wait begins....
                            Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

Comment

I feel ya, Grandcache! Just ordered 3 of the new side effects (promise only the NAVY/IBERIAN one is for me )-- what fabulous gifts! And WOW, the updates are OUTSTANDING! SO impressed, as usual, TB Crew! Way to go!

Comment

Now, I should preface this by saying I have absolutely no doubt that my delivery will arrive safe and sound on Monday as promised, however, in the meantime, the fairy tale has begun! According to UPS' website, my little packet made a sneaky wee visit to Stansted Airport (near London, UK) during the night, before popping back to the US for a quick tour of Oregon and Kentucky! I've no doubt it'll make a few more Transatlantic crossing in the coming days

Arrived - Louisville, KY, United States, Tuesday, 16/04/2013

Additional Information
                                Shipped/Billed On:15/04/2013Type:PackageWeight:2.00 lbs

Shipment Progress
                                What's this?
                                LocationDateLocal TimeActivity
                                Louisville, KY, United States 16/04/2013 13:34Arrival Scan
                                Portland, OR, United States 16/04/2013 6:24Departure Scan
                                16/04/2013 4:14Arrival Scan
                                16/04/2013 3:15Departure Scan
                                16/04/2013 0:16Arrival Scan
                                Stansted, United Kingdom 16/04/2013 5:32Released by Clearing Agency. Now in-transit
                                Fife, WA, United States 15/04/2013 21:24Departure Scan
                                15/04/2013 20:59Arrival Scan
                                Seattle, WA, United States 15/04/2013 20:25Departure Scan
                                15/04/2013 18:50Origin Scan
                                United States 15/04/2013 18:55Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Comment

Working...
                                X