Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,822   Posts: 191,272   Members: 6,719   Active Members: 269
Welcome to our newest member, dougwierzba2.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camera I-O and Tripod-Lighting Kit Quivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backpack
    replied
    Very nice, informative and... funny! Thanks Dan!
    Last edited by backpack; 04-06-2012, 07:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    We've added 11+ new videos in which Dan describes the features of the Camera I-O and demonstrates how he uses it on photo shoots to our YouTube Camera I-O playlist.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=PL4F0B315875FCA0B4&amp;hl=en_US" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    I have an ultra minimalist photo/video travel setup. It fits in a Medium padded pouch!

The release of such great and versatile protectors/holders/inserts for an DSLR or HDSLR might bring on the acquisition of this technology.

I found the video of Tom on a boat and perched on a rock in a green area using his FJN and I said to myself where is that?

And I want to do field pictures/journal with my little flowers/trees/stars and bird mini laminated guides and a nice camera.

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by leftistelf View Post
    Camera bags are so personal.
    [snip]
    I had so wanted a TB camera bag/insert, but not for my large DSLR set-up. I wanted something that would handle a M4/3 or Leica set-up.
    Have you taken a look at ncb4's Cardinal Co-Pilot as camera bag for DSLR kit thread? Nancy has done a lot of posts (with photos) showing different bags she's used in the past to carry her camera equipment. This arrangement would seem to work for smaller cameras. Others have posted about using inserts with the packing cube shoulder bag to carry their camera equipment.

moriond

Leave a comment:

• leftistelf
    replied
    Camera bags are so personal. Within arm's reach, I have two Think Tank rollers (Logistics Manager and Airport International) for storage or heavy travel. In my closet, on the shelf between two shelves full of TB bags, I have their sling o magic, large and small retrospective bags, small and medium sized Domkes, and a couple of other bags I don't use anymore.

I had so wanted a TB camera bag/insert, but not for my large DSLR set-up. I wanted something that would handle a M4/3 or Leica set-up. The Camera I-O is clearly set-up for a DSLR, and my littler cameras would swim about in the bottom of a half empty bag. This bag is too tall for my needs. I'm a huge TB fan and have nearly every bag and accessory he's made (except the backpacks). This one simply doesn't seem to fit my personal use paradigm. Maybe I'll someday consider a replacement for a ThinkTank Retrospective 30 and I'll look at this. The trapezoidal velcro dividers are nice. I would like more pockets on the exterior for filters, flashes, gels, cleaning supplies. The bag looks too tall and would seem to rest on its side when not in use - I don't like getting the sides dirty. They rub against you when you walk. However, maybe if used as an insert it changes the paradigm...though I can't think of a non-backpack bag that Tom makes which doesn't rest on its side when not in use. Maybe one of the grocery bags. I like putting a small tripod/monopod under or on top of the bag and am not sure about the quivers, which look prone to pickpocket theft, collecting rain, etc.

Again, its all about your personal bag use paradigm. I haven't found the ideal insert to put in my super ego or ego, or secondary bag to squeeze into my beloved Aeronaut. This product should be quite popular - as a large camera insert.

Though I am personally let down to learn this is an accessory/bag for DSLR shooters instead of the growing number of smaller camera shooters or photographers who use smaller lenses (few people own a 70-200, and fewer use it during travel due to the weight), I would love to hear the backstory of taking an idea and bringing it to market, as well as the design considerations (everything is a tradeoff). I've watched this thread for what seems like years. Can't wait to see the reviews!

Leave a comment:

• robz431
    replied
    My Camera I-O and Quiver are on the way. Darcy, when the smoke clears, I'd love to hear "the rest of the story."

I started this discussion thread almost three years ago. If you check the first page or so of the thread, you'll see links to photos of the insert (not the same ultra-cool one that is shipping) and updates from Darcy saying the pieces were in the factory and shipment would be in a couple of weeks.

I'm delighted to be getting the product I ordered and absolutely LOVE the feeling of community and openness that comes from Tom, Darcy et al. I'm simply curious about the development process. Can you tell us about it?

Leave a comment:

• Sasquatch
    replied
    Must... resist... Camera I-O... and... Brain Bag... must resist... Seriously, this looks great!!

One question: Can you fit a medium-sized dSLR with a smaller prime lens attached (thinking Nikon D7000 w/35mm DX lens) and put the combo in the I-O bag lens-down? Judging from the pictures, it sure looks like you can, but I just wanted to verify. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• TavaPeak
    replied
    Originally posted by WhiteStar View Post
    TavaPeak, Any chance you also know Lorrie and/or John McAllister?
    WhiteStar, I don't think so...but I'm really bad with names. I haven't been active with CRES for a while. But I do remember my husband and I having dinner with Dan at an ASES conference in San Diego. On a pirate ship, with a Johnny Depp impersonator. I don't remember if Dan was carrying his Brain Bag. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• WhiteStar
    replied
    Originally posted by TavaPeak View Post
    Hey, I know Dan Bihn! Through Colorado solar connections. Never knew that he was connected to Tom. Small world!
    TavaPeak, Any chance you also know Lorrie and/or John McAllister?

Leave a comment:

• TavaPeak
    replied
    Hey, I know Dan Bihn! Through Colorado solar connections. Never knew that he was connected to Tom. Small world!

Leave a comment:

• Walker
    replied
    Can't wait to meet the Camera I/O and Quiver!

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Introducing the Camera I-O and Tripod-Lighting Kit Quivers
    (both are in-stock and ready to ship)

Leave a comment:

• misterN
    replied
    It looks like the blog has been updated with the Camera Insert release!

Leave a comment:

• misterN
    replied
    Originally posted by deltagorno View Post
    Now THIS sounds interesting.
    They do look quite interesting. Who else is ready for the big release?

Leave a comment:

• deltagorno
    replied
    Tripod-Lighting Kit Quivers
    Now THIS sounds interesting.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X