Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,822   Posts: 191,272   Members: 6,719   Active Members: 269
Welcome to our newest member, dougwierzba2.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camera I-O and Tripod-Lighting Kit Quivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backpack
    replied
    Originally posted by WhiteStar View Post
    Okay, I have no opinion whatsoever about the camera stuff... but OMG the Brain Bag is HUGE! I had no idea it was that big until this video. I could pack for a month in that thing! (And then be unable to carry it...)
    No it is so well designed that he can be carried nicely, even when full, and...

The owner has a very serious cold.

The owner has to run to the gate because she went the wrong way in a linear airport or has to run to catch a shuttle because her appointment is at a campus that has satellite locations and she stopped at the wrong one.

After a long car trip, she had to carry to 2 fully loaded BB along with a Swift as well as a Small and Large Cafe Bag, in one trip from the car to hotel room on the other side of the building, on an empty stomach.

Ask me how I know.

None of my anecdotes are picture pretty, but the Brain Bag is a champion, no doubt about it.

Leave a comment:

• jmachats
    replied
    Just tweeted a couple hours ago:

Tomorrow: we officially introduce the new Camera I-O bag and Tripod-Lighting Kit Quivers. Videos, photos + they're ready to ship.

Leave a comment:

• Walker
    replied
    I have the BBB-T bag made by Courierware - purchased before their insert became avilable. I like the BBB-T, too. Great as shooting bag. Different bags for different use

I keep hoping that TB will roll out a smaller version of the camera insert for the micro 4/3. Of course, I am also still waiting for the smaller version of the Brain Bag. YUP- the Brain Bag is awesome, but it is BIG! It occupies a soft spot in my heart. It was my first TB bag - purchased almost 15 years ago. My brother now has that bag - he uses it to haul laptops and other equiment. The bag still looked awesome last time I saw it.

Leave a comment:

• plume
    replied
    Hi Walker,

Actually, I was referring to the mini from Courierware, though I don't think I saw it named in another thread. I contemplated one of their bags--which are quite visible here in the Boston area--but decided on the Co-Pilot because I wanted access via a zipper on top. It's great to know that the mini-insert works so well in both the Co-Pilot and the PCSB. I saw the Billingham one too, but it really isn't available and that flap would be annoying; Domke has one that would work in the Co-Pilot but might be a tad too tall for the PCSB. Sounds like an order with Courierware is the way to go. Especially now that the trailer for the TB insert seems to prove that it's for the big guys.

Leave a comment:

• WhiteStar
    replied
    Okay, I have no opinion whatsoever about the camera stuff... but OMG the Brain Bag is HUGE! I had no idea it was that big until this video. I could pack for a month in that thing! (And then be unable to carry it...)
    Last edited by WhiteStar; 03-27-2012, 04:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Maria
    replied
    Darcy - the teaser preview video is wonderful! Dan is charming, and I think I want a brain bag now too!

Leave a comment:

• AVService
    replied
    OK,Now I am pretty certain I will not be buying this no matter how nice it turns out!

That is just not right!

Leave a comment:

• Walker
    replied
    Originally posted by plume View Post
    Hi Walker. I noted the earlier post in which you said that you had found an insert for the PCSB, and did some mad Googling to find it (haven't ordered it yet, though). The PCSB plus insert would be perfect for a lighter, smaller option around town, when I don't need to carry much besides the basic camera gear, ID, and a subway pass.
    You found a small insert? That is awesome.

I ended up buying the mini insert from Courierware. I think it is very expensive for what it is - no offense to Courierware, its owners and fans. But Eric of Courierware was nice to deal with and I figure I supported a small business . The good thing about the insert is that it fits nicely inside the PCSB, Co-Pilot main compartment and the Imago. I can put flat items in the Co-Pilot's pockets with the insert installed. There is "genereous"room for other items in the Imago with the insert installed.

A forum members used a Billingham Hadley small insert for same set up. There is a thread on the forum about it - vannot help you find it because I surf on my galaxy tablet.

I stole that idea. Difficult to find a Billingham Hadley small insert in the US, and I did not like the idea of having to fold over the top to the side.

Back to thumb twiddling - waiting for Darcy's promised photos of the TB camera insert

Leave a comment:

• Walker
    replied
    Darcy, I am not sure if I *like* your post - you are killing me! But Friday is coming!

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied

We're not fans of movie trailers that give away the whole story, so our trailer for Tom's new design -- the Camera Insert/Outsert -- is more of a teaser. Dig out your 3D glasses and stay tuned: we'll be releasing the long-awaited Camera Insert/Outsert (and more videos) within the next few days.

Leave a comment:

• plume
    replied
    Hi Walker. I noted the earlier post in which you said that you had found an insert for the PCSB, and did some mad Googling to find it (haven't ordered it yet, though). The PCSB plus insert would be perfect for a lighter, smaller option around town, when I don't need to carry much besides the basic camera gear, ID, and a subway pass.

Leave a comment:

• marbenais
    replied
    Originally posted by DQBunny View Post
    I have small hands too, and it feels fantastic.
    Ooooooo, how I wish I could get it now. But tuition and rent and insurance all add up! Hopefully I can find a used-in-good-condition model, because I really miss serious photography.

Leave a comment:

• Walker
    replied
    Originally posted by plume View Post
    And those of us with micro 4/3 systems are having a really rough time--everything has the wrong proportions. But since the rumored insert will be too big for even a Synapse or Imago, this won't be our answer. As I mentioned in another thread, I'm trying a set-up with the Co-Pilot, and will test it this weekend.
    I hear you! My set up is also the micro 4/3. Based on the tease photos that Darcy posted, it looks like this camera insert/outsert will/can be a bag on its own. So I am standing in line for it, with plans to use it as a standalone bag. I am hoping that it will fit inside my hiking backpack, but I doubt it. At present, I carry my camera gear inside the PCSB - I found a camera insert that fits inside the PCSB. The padding leaves much to be desired, but it is better than nothing.

Leave a comment:

• DQBunny
    replied
    Originally posted by marbenais View Post
    That's the DSLR I've been wanting for a while! Not because it's less expensive, but because it's smaller. I have tiny hands. I'm looking forward to hearing how it fits in the Camera Insert if you get one or if someone else has that model & the Insert.
    I have small hands too, and it feels fantastic. I'd been lusting after the Canon T3 for some time, but it felt a bit plasticky overall. I began reading the Nikon D3100 reviews and tried it, and it feels like a more solid camera in my hands. The price isn't bad either - it's on sale for $550 pretty much everywhere right now. I only got a chance to play with it a little bit before work, but the test photos I shot of the cats were amazing right out of the box.

Leave a comment:

• AVService
    replied
    Originally posted by DQBunny View Post
    I just bought a Nikon D3100, and my husband and I love it already. Our first DSLR! I'm already looking at additional lenses. I'm holding off on getting a bag since the camera insert is so close, however I'm a bit dismayed that it's too big for a Synapse. I might have to find a separate insert for it or hope the insert can stand on its own.
    I am really liking my Synapse as a camera bag.
    Look for my post with pics of what I did to get the idea.

Ed

Leave a comment:

Working...
X