Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,767   Posts: 190,595   Members: 6,651   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, learn2route.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camera I-O and Tripod-Lighting Kit Quivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jenne
    replied
    Congratulations on selling out so quickly! I'm glad I bought mine the first day. I just hope my planned trip to England/ Ireland/ Wales comes through next month so I can use it!

Leave a comment:

• marbenais
    replied
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post
    This photo with the overlay of the dimensions is such a great idea -- thanks, leviathan.
    It is! Sometimes I get the dimensions misplaced when trying to determine a bag's size, and that way it's very clear what is what. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by leviathan View Post
    This photo with the overlay of the dimensions is such a great idea -- thanks, leviathan.

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by Akilae View Post
    I've been considering the Camera I/O, but I can't for the life of me figure out: Is the bag wider than it is long, or longer than it is wide? The pics on the product page make it look long, but the videos make it look wide.
    Hi Akilae,

The videos accurately represent the Camera I/O -- the longest dimension is it's width, or the side that the bag rests on when it is sitting upright, or placed into a Brain Bag. It's very similar to the dimensions of my size 6T Brain Cell, if I were to place two of these Brain Cells back to back, so that the smallest dimension of the Brain Cell, set by the thickness of the laptop, is doubled.

HTH. moriond

Sorry, didn't see leviathan's updated post with labels on the images till after I posted.
    Last edited by moriond; 04-12-2012, 10:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• leviathan
    replied
    Which says nothing about which measurement is for which side.
    Basic logic, dictated by provided evidence, gives us:

You may also review a handful of user reviews, including my own, which offer various photos and body references:

My very wordy review of the Camera I-O
    misterN's review

Leave a comment:

• Akilae
    replied
    Originally posted by leviathan View Post
    "Overall dimensions: 14" x 11.75" x 3.75" / 355 x 300 x 95mm"
    Which says nothing about which measurement is for which side.

Leave a comment:

• leviathan
    replied
    I've been considering the Camera I/O, but I can't for the life of me figure out: Is the bag wider than it is long, or longer than it is wide? The pics on the product page make it look long, but the videos make it look wide.
    "Overall dimensions: 14" x 11.75" x 3.75" / 355 x 300 x 95mm"

Leave a comment:

• Akilae
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Walker
    replied
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post
    . . . The reason that the Camera I-O was in development for so long? Tom wanted the final bag to be exactly what he had envisioned and didn't want to settle for any less. Researching, developing, and testing the right combination of materials took a lot of time and trial and error. And often, when we thought we had found the perfect solution, we tested it and it turned out to need more tweaking.

And in other news... the first batch of Camera I-O bags has sold out. It's now available for backorder and ships by early June.
    I am impressed that Tom did not bow to pressures to release a product that is NOt totall 100% to his satisfaction.

On the Camera I/O selling out so quick: not a surprise at all. And if Tom can be convinced to make a model to fit the micro four thirds system, I believe TB will be swamped with orders. There NO bag in the market for the micro four thirds. So here is to hoping for a Camera I/O for the micro four thirds! And the smaller brain bag to go with it! YAY!

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by robz431 View Post
    I'm delighted to be getting the product I ordered and absolutely LOVE the feeling of community and openness that comes from Tom, Darcy et al. I'm simply curious about the development process. Can you tell us about it?
    I'm so glad! Thanks for being here on the forums -- you guys make them what they are.

The reason that the Camera I-O was in development for so long? Tom wanted the final bag to be exactly what he had envisioned and didn't want to settle for any less. Researching, developing, and testing the right combination of materials took a lot of time and trial and error. And often, when we thought we had found the perfect solution, we tested it and it turned out to need more tweaking.

And in other news... the first batch of Camera I-O bags has sold out. It's now available for backorder and ships by early June.

Leave a comment:

• misterN
    replied
    Originally posted by mikeini View Post
    Reposting, not sure why it didn't stay.

I received my Camera I-O today and per usual, it's everything you'd expect from a TB bag. My Brain Bag is 6 years old and still looks brand new despite being put through the paces almost every day. I was surprised as to how big it was in the pack - it takes up just about the entire back slot (with some room to put a few smaller items on top).

Albeit potent blasphemy, is there any way I use the case to transport my laptop (Macbook Pro) as well? MBP + camera (SLR, so smaller than the DSLR it was designed for) would be PERFECT. I know its unlikely but figured if anyone would know, it'd be you guys here.

+1 for loving to see how it went from the insert in 2009 to what it is today.
    Use a brain cell with the clips on the outside of the case via annex clips?

Leave a comment:

• mikeini
    replied
    Reposting, not sure why it didn't stay.

I received my Camera I-O today and per usual, it's everything you'd expect from a TB bag. My Brain Bag is 6 years old and still looks brand new despite being put through the paces almost every day. I was surprised as to how big it was in the pack - it takes up just about the entire back slot (with some room to put a few smaller items on top).

Albeit potent blasphemy, is there any way I use the case to transport my laptop (Macbook Pro) as well? MBP + camera (SLR, so smaller than the DSLR it was designed for) would be PERFECT. I know its unlikely but figured if anyone would know, it'd be you guys here.

+1 for loving to see how it went from the insert in 2009 to what it is today.

Leave a comment:

• mikeini
    replied
    Originally posted by backpack View Post
    Brian Stowell’s Camera I-O review

Brian Stowell’s Camera I-O review, on the Blog has amazing pictures! It shows the proportions of the bag very well when worn by him and it has an amazingly detailed picture of the bag.
    It's been a long long time since I've been on here. My Brain Bag is now almost 6 years old and still looks practically brand new. It refuses to show any wear, despite being used nearly every day since it arrived. Having dipped my toes into photography recently, there was no way I could turn this down. Granted I don't have the big DSLR that it was designed for (starting with film), I was hooked with the design, approach and obvious quality. It lives up to expectations.

My question: Since I have some room to spare, I was hoping to use this as a laptop sleeve as well if you will. Have both laptop + camera (what more would I ever need?) in one spot. Anyone know if there's a way to pull this off?

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Brian Stowell’s Camera I-O review

Brian Stowell’s Camera I-O review, on the Blog has amazing pictures! It shows the proportions of the bag very well when worn by him and it has an amazingly detailed picture of the bag.

Leave a comment:

• marbenais
    replied
    Since I'm not going to be able to order the Camera I-O soon, my favorite part of this rollout has been Dan Bihn's videos. Tom, your brother is awesome!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X