Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,523   Posts: 187,769   Members: 6,485   Active Members: 310
Welcome to our newest member, questah043.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Side Effect!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bltkmt
    replied
    Lets suppose I wanted something similar to the Side Effect, but with no waist strap and perhaps a grab handle. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• residue
    replied
    Originally posted by mrae View Post
    Did I miss something? Are they already being shipped? I was waiting to place an order so that everything would ship at once.
    not yet. buzzard got the platinum tb service because he has an upcoming trip. see the thread in the bag review section.

Leave a comment:

• mrae
    replied
    Did I miss something? Are they already being shipped? I was waiting to place an order so that everything would ship at once.

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard
    replied
    Originally posted by residue View Post
    how well would the side effect fit in a medium cafe bag?
    It fits beautifully, with lots of room to spare!

Leave a comment:

• residue
    replied
    how well would the side effect fit in a medium cafe bag?

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard
    replied
    Originally posted by maverick View Post
    buzzard,

could you post some pictures of your side effect worn around your waist?

i'll also do a video including the side effect worn around the waist when i get mine.
    I'll try to do that, but you'll probably have your video posted before then! I'm rather slow about such things!

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by backpack View Post
    Could you make it in Dyneema with #8 YKK "splash-proof" coil zipper?

It would be a great bike tool accessory with the matching pant/leg protector made with the same fabric and strong Aplix® hook and loop closure.
    I think that's a fantastic idea. It will probably be a while before that happens, though - there are so many new products on the horizon that our factory is booked for...I don't know how long!

Leave a comment:

• ratdeau
    replied
    Originally posted by backpack View Post
    Could you make it in Dyneema with #8 YKK "splash-proof" coil zipper?

It would be a great bike tool accessory with the matching pant/leg protector made with the same fabric and strong Aplix® hook and loop closure.
    I second this one

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    replied
    Originally posted by bltkmt View Post
    Is there a photo of the Side Effect being worn as a waist pack? Would like to see it in real life. Thanks.
    buzzard,

could you post some pictures of your side effect worn around your waist?

i'll also do a video including the side effect worn around the waist when i get mine.

Leave a comment:

• bltkmt
    replied
    Is there a photo of the Side Effect being worn as a waist pack? Would like to see it in real life. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• keb
    replied
    OK--- Black or Olive? How green is the Olive? I am colorblind so Olive things always look brownish to me and really green to everyone else. So I never buy anything Olive. Same with Purple/Plum. Sapphire is too bright for me as a waist pack, steel matches the inside of my bags, so I guess Black it is...

the 3D cube, though, for some reason screams Olive to me....

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by reina View Post
    I just read the long description, and I like how it has a reference to Jason Bourne! LOL
    Glad you caught that.

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Originally posted by moriond View Post
    This is a great idea! Second the notion for a Dyneema version that could be used this way. I don't know much about how the matching pant/leg protector would work, though. Can you expand on this? Do people generally use pant/leg protectors made with fabric (as opposed to metal clips)?
    As a teen, I used metal clips, but now ,I find them too tight and uncomfortable.

They have been replaced by leg bands a 1 in or 2 cm thick piece of fabric attached by velcro around the ankles to protect legs and pants.

To protect the leg/pant on the side of the chain there are pant protectors which are 4 to 6 inches wide on the chain side then tapers to become a band of fabric.
    The whole thing, flattened, looks elliptical.

Google "pant protectors" and you will find pictures.

The pictures reveal that there is pretty much only one design for those pant protectors sold under different brands.

So I bought one but the fabric is extremely stiff, which is not comfortable.

I am using accessories made of dyneema on a daily basis, the strength, flexibility and ease of cleaning of this fabric cannot be beat.

It would make great lightweight and rain resistant fabric for bike accessories.
    Last edited by backpack; 05-05-2009, 06:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• keb
    replied
    Originally posted by reina View Post
    I just read the long description, and I like how it has a reference to Jason Bourne! LOL
    noticed/loved that too...

Leave a comment:

• reina
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X