Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,523   Posts: 187,769   Members: 6,485   Active Members: 310
Welcome to our newest member, questah043.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Side Effect!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maverick
    replied
    dyneema would indeed be a great choice for the side effect, and also for the 3D Clear Organizer Cube!

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by backpack View Post
    Could you make it in Dyneema with #8 YKK "splash-proof" coil zipper?

It would be a great bike tool accessory with the matching pant/leg protector made with the same fabric and strong Aplix® hook and loop closure.
    This is a great idea! Second the notion for a Dyneema version that could be used this way. I don't know much about how the matching pant/leg protector would work, though. Can you expand on this? Do people generally use pant/leg protectors made with fabric (as opposed to metal clips)?

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Could you make it in Dyneema with #8 YKK "splash-proof" coil zipper?

It would be a great bike tool accessory with the matching pant/leg protector made with the same fabric and strong Aplix® hook and loop closure.
    Last edited by backpack; 04-29-2009, 09:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• KarlJ
    replied
    Great! Thanks, Darcy!

Leave a comment:

• keb
    replied
    I'm guessing you could also cinch the waist straps tight and thread the excess back into the space to use as an attachment to camera bags that have accessory loops and such. Not that you will need to after the camera insert is released....

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by KarlJ View Post
    On the rear of the Side Effect below the rear zippered compartment; the pocket area where the waist straps can be stored... is that an open area? In other words, if someone wanted to thread a belt through and wear it on their waist that way, could they?
    Great question. Yes, it is an open area, and you could thread your belt through it. The waist strap is not removable, though.

Leave a comment:

• KarlJ
    replied
    On the rear of the Side Effect below the rear zippered compartment; the pocket area where the waist straps can be stored... is that an open area? In other words, if someone wanted to thread a belt through and wear it on their waist that way, could they?

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Originally posted by timarelay View Post
    I think she just means small, not mini.

Speaking of the mini cafe bag, while I do really like this, I think I'll wait for the mini cafe bag. I dunno. I don't see myself carrying this on its own (aesthetics) and it would feel like an exorbitant buy if I'm not going to do that. Maybe I'll change my mind once I see it on a person.

Still, I think it's an awesome addition to the Tom Bihn line!
    I did mean Small thanks timarelay.

Leave a comment:

• indigo
    replied
    Originally posted by mrae View Post
    I guess I'll have to get the synapse in plum to match the side effect.
    And so the TB domino theory manifests itself

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    mrae we seem to love the same colors Sapphire and Plum.

I also have a weakness for Steel and Pink.

Leave a comment:

• mrae
    replied
    I guess I'll have to get the synapse in plum to match the side effect.

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    I always get matching colors, this way I might be able to clip a small bag into a big one and make it look as one.

Leave a comment:

• mrae
    replied
    Originally posted by indigo View Post
    Well, clearly you don't want your Side Effect to get lost in/near your Imago and Swift...plum's the only way to go!

I have a Plum/Steel Swift and a Plum/Olive Imago...2 of my organizer pouches are sapphire and they look fine with the plum.
    What a great point. Plum it is.

Leave a comment:

• indigo
    replied
    Well, clearly you don't want your Side Effect to get lost in/near your Imago and Swift...plum's the only way to go!

I have a Plum/Steel Swift and a Plum/Olive Imago...2 of my organizer pouches are sapphire and they look fine with the plum.

Leave a comment:

• JoyR
    replied
    I want one for everyday. {I'm non-stylish.}

Leave a comment:

Working...
X