Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,580   Posts: 188,314   Members: 6,539   Active Members: 284
Welcome to our newest member, tam017.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Side Effect!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backpack
    replied
    And the Brain Bag and the Synapse unless you are not a backpack person.

It seem that you are missing on the wonderful experience of the Large Cafe Bag.

You also do not have enough pouches

I volunteer to deliver you bags into your country provided I am given tickets to Tom Bihn and to Swiss Air.
    "Shipping" myself and the bags would be much more expensive than $55

I am obviously kidding with you ratdeau, I completely feel at home in your list, I share many of your aquisitions, I however will not post any list here.

My husband is right there and can read the screen perfectly clearly and when it comes to TB purchases, I take the 5th.

If he wants to add up the expense, he is welcomed to add up the invoices.

Leave a comment:

• Frank II
    replied
    Originally posted by ratdeau View Post
    The only missing bag is a Side Effect ;-)

And the Tri-Star!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ratdeau
    replied
    Originally posted by backpack View Post
    The key to reasonable shipping is to save up for a bigger bag and add accessories or smaller bags to the same shipment which means even more saving up.
    I already own :
    1 ID
    1 Aeronaut
    1 WesternFlyer
    3 SmartAlec
    8 Packing cube
    1 Packing Cube Shoulder Bag
    1 Snake Charmer
    2 Clear Organiser Pouch
    1 Clear Quarter Packing Cube
    1 Guardian Dual Function Light
    4 Cordura Organizer Pouches
    2 Shop Bag (1 gift from TB)
    2 Yarn Stuff Sack
    1 Passport Pouch
    2 Vertical Freudian Slip
    1 Packing Cube Backpack
    1 Clear Organizer Wallet (gift from TB)

The only missing bag is a Side Effect ;-)

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    The key to reasonable shipping is to save up for a bigger bag and add accessories or smaller bags to the same shipment which means even more saving up.

I found out by bundling the bags I want together, I can get away with a shipment every 6 months, and yes it means sometimes a long wait to get what I want.

The only exception is when I have an upcoming trip and I am in need of the perfect bag, the bag is ordered right away and the next purchase is delayed accordingly unless it is my birthday or the holiday season gift giving.
    Last edited by backpack; 08-06-2009, 06:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ratdeau
    replied
    I'm in Switzerland.

Leave a comment:

• falconea
    replied
    Originally posted by ratdeau View Post
    I dreamed of a black Side Effect but I don't find decent paying 55$ shipping for a 30$ bag.
    Where are you located? I'm in Australia and would consider sharing shipping when the Synapse comes out.

Audrey

Leave a comment:

• ratdeau
    replied
    Sadly I will not buy a Side Effect

I dreamed of a black Side Effect but I don't find decent paying 55$ shipping for a 30$ bag.

Leave a comment:

• bltkmt
    replied
    My Side Effect lounging on the beach in Cancun last week below. It proved to be a very capable beach accessory, holding my Blackberry, camera, paperback, pen, flashlight, knife, cash, room key and other odds/ends. Wonderful bag. I find that I rarely use the waist strap, and keep it tucked into the flap. I am having a small paracord wrist strap made for it, that I will clip onto the shoulder strap attachment.

Leave a comment:

• katiya
    replied
    Just wanted to let everyone know the side effect works well with a medium cafe bag and that is even with my Large Moleskine and a Trade Paperback in the main compartment! I still had room for my wallet as well and a few other needed essentials.

Good job Tom but I have the feeling I may have to give up this medium to the SO and grab another since he really likes it and has no issues with a man bag I was considering I may go for a large anyhow now...

Leave a comment:

• bltkmt
    replied
    I am looking forward to seeing some pictures of it is use.

Leave a comment:

• mrae
    replied
    Just want to add a bit of side effect love. It's exactly what I've been wanting- a small bag that I can carry in my Imago or (hopefully) Synapse and carry separately when I want a small shoulder bag.

I'm just loading it now.

Leave a comment:

• mruseless
    replied
    I keep around 1 Samsonite roller bag, for those trips where I know it will work (only car to airport to hotel and back, minimal stairs, no shoulder problems that week, big plane, early boarding, etc.). Other than that, its 100% Tom Bihn for me.

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Originally posted by bltkmt View Post
    Thanks. Looking for cordura and with similar organization to the Side Effect. Are there any non-TB suggestions maybe?
    After 20 years of pulling, dragging, doing weight lifting using all kind of travel bags , I found Tom Bihn travel bags.

After 20 years of sagging fabrics, non functioning pull cords, ripped seams and uncooperative zippers, I found Tom Bihn shoulder bags and accessories.

After buying my first Tom Bihn bag, I was so impressed, I kept, keep and will keep adding to my Tom Bihn bags collection.

I no longer use any other bag or bag accessory from another manufacturer.

Some Tom Bihn enthusiastic owners have given up all their bags from other brands but others still use other brands.

If you go to the packing list for each bag, you might find the exact accessory you are looking for.
    Last edited by backpack; 05-25-2009, 04:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bltkmt
    replied
    Thanks. Looking for cordura and with similar organization to the Side Effect. Are there any non-TB suggestions maybe?

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Originally posted by bltkmt View Post
    Lets suppose I wanted something similar to the Side Effect, but with no waist strap and perhaps a grab handle. Any thoughts or suggestions?

The Clear Quarter Packing Cube has the grab handle and is clear, link below

http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/ACC/TB0915

The Convertible Packing Cube/Shoulder Bag with a Simple Shoulder Strap or two
    16" Key Straps.
    It is a bit bigger than the side effect, is made of lightweight Dyneema and has no waist strap.

http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/ACC/TB0921

Leave a comment:

Working...
X