Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,819   Posts: 191,213   Members: 6,714   Active Members: 267
Welcome to our newest member, adb755.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 3D Clear Organizer Cube!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by maverick View Post
    by the way, kudos on the pictures for the 3d clear organizer cube! i love the colors of the liquids chosen for the product pictures!
    Thanks! I must admit the liquids are fruit juices we had here in the office..
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

    Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Darcy View Post
      Tomorrow: a small accessory/retrofit and the Tristar. And that's it for a little while.
      What.... no "Oh, and one more thing....."??

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Darcy View Post
        You found it! Official introduction in a few minutes here....

        Tomorrow: a small accessory/retrofit and the Tristar. And that's it for a little while.
        Could it be....? Dare I hope...? Taaa Daaa! The camera insert!?!?!?!?!
        Pleeeeeease!
        Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!

        Comment


          #19
          Dear Tom and Darcy,

          Stop reading my mind! Or, maybe, continue.

          Last night I was looking at my collection of hair accessories and I thought, wouldn't be great if I could get something like a Kit with Clear sides and...

          Voila! Today the 3D Clear Organizer Cube appears.


          Edited to put a smilie, I thought I already included.
          Last edited by backpack; 04-27-2009, 05:57 PM.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by backpack View Post
            Last night I was looking at my collection of hair accessories and I thought, wouldn't be great if I could get something like a Kit with Clear sides and...

            Voila! Today the 3D Clear Organizer Cube appears.
            The 3D Clear Organizer Cube would make an excellent case for hair accessories. Mine already has a few ponytail holders in it (along with all of the other small stuff that I carry.)
            Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

            Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by rabergnc View Post
              What.... no "Oh, and one more thing....."??
              Maybe one more thing. But maybe the one more thing will be at the same time as the Tristar.
              Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

              Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Nana8 View Post
                Could it be....? Dare I hope...? Taaa Daaa! The camera insert!?!?!?!?!
                Pleeeeeease!
                No pictures of the camera insert quite yet, but we should have an estimated pre-order date on Friday. Right now, it's up to how quickly we can get some of the special materials needed to make the insert.
                Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

                Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

                Comment


                  #23
                  I forgot, a question Darcy.

                  What size of pouch would fit inside the 3D Clear Organizer Cube?

                  Besides using it for hair accessories, I want to make mini yarn skein kits from my big cones and big skeins all of that color coded, of course.

                  I am over the moon with the availability of so many things in Punch!
                  Last edited by backpack; 04-27-2009, 08:01 PM.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Relative sizes of 3D Clear Organizer Cube, Side Effect, and Other Cubes

                    Hi Backpack
                    Originally posted by backpack View Post
                    I forgot,

                    What size of pouch would fit inside the 3D Clear Organizer Cube?
                    According to the specs, the small organizer pouch will fit into the 3D Clear Organizer Cube if you go from the flat to filled dimensions. It has the same length (180mm) and is slightly taller (125mm vs 110mm), which means that it formally exceeds the height by the width of the piping above the zipper. In practice, if you fill the small pouch, and use the pack that the 3D clear organizer cube is 50mm deep, you'll be able to fit in a couple of small pouches. To get an idea of scale, mouse over view "a" of the 3D clear organizer cube and compare it to view "c" of the (small) clear organizer pouch. The LARA bar should give you an idea of relative size.

                    I was interested in comparing the new cubes, so I went to http://www.sizeasy.com/ and created a comparison page for the 3D Clear Organizer Cube, the Clear Quarter Packing Cube, the new Side Effect, the Convertible Packing Cube and the Kit. This makes it easy to compare the size of the new 3D Clear Organizer Cube against the Clear Quarter Packing Cube that many have been using for a similar purpose (as a somewhat large "3-1-1" bag).

                    moriond

                    Comment


                      #25
                      1) For belt-and-suspender purposes, it sure looks like a ziplock could go *inside* this! Which I think is a good idea for avoiding even the hint of a problem at the airport. I hate carrying any liquids or powders (even if they're in what are supposed to be decent little lexan / naggene containers -- similar or identical to some of the example contents shown) in a plastic baggie. With a case like this, I'm much less worried about what happens when one of those containers breaks, or is just not closed correctly, but I'd probably use an interior ziplock, too.

                      2) Darcy, you should propose that Outdoor Research carry this item, too It's small enough to be a reasonable backpack accessory, and makes a good match for many of the items they sell (obviously, from the pictures with Lara bar, lexan bottles, etc).

                      timothy

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by moriond View Post
                        Hi Backpack


                        According to the specs, the small organizer pouch will fit into the 3D Clear Organizer Cube if you go from the flat to filled dimensions. It has the same length (180mm) and is slightly taller (125mm vs 110mm), which means that it formally exceeds the height by the width of the piping above the zipper. In practice, if you fill the small pouch, and use the pack that the 3D clear organizer cube is 50mm deep, you'll be able to fit in a couple of small pouches. To get an idea of scale, mouse over view "a" of the 3D clear organizer cube and compare it to view "c" of the (small) clear organizer pouch. The LARA bar should give you an idea of relative size.

                        I was interested in comparing the new cubes, so I went to http://www.sizeasy.com/ and created a comparison page for the 3D Clear Organizer Cube, the Clear Quarter Packing Cube, the new Side Effect, the Convertible Packing Cube and the Kit. This makes it easy to compare the size of the new 3D Clear Organizer Cube against the Clear Quarter Packing Cube that many have been using for a similar purpose (as a somewhat large "3-1-1" bag).

                        moriond
                        Thank you for this. It's very helpful.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          What are the containers featured in the photos and where did you get them? Those look like a really nice and sturdy leak proof bottles. I've been looking for bottles like that forever, but all I've been able to find is cheap leaky garbage.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            if i'm not mistaken, those are nalgene bottles.

                            Originally posted by hamster View Post
                            What are the containers featured in the photos and where did you get them? Those look like a really nice and sturdy leak proof bottles. I've been looking for bottles like that forever, but all I've been able to find is cheap leaky garbage.
                            -m

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Agreed w/ maverick -- they look like the Nalgenes I bought through eBags several months ago, and which are also on sale at places like REI (and Outdoor Research, whose factory story is on the ground floor of the same building where Bihn bags are made).

                              timothy

                              Comment


                                #30
                                wow

                                ok glad I held off on my order....
                                I am loving this...so much better than plastic baggies and such a nice way to organize the small stuff!!!
                                I am excited.

                                Also holding off on my aeronuat decision until I see teh tristar

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X