Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,531   Posts: 187,842   Members: 6,495   Active Members: 287
Welcome to our newest member, coorysmith.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TriStar day!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TriStar day!!!!!!

Even though it is not an immediate need for me I just can't wait to see it!! Is that wrong??
    Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar); Smart Alec (Cardinal/Steel)

Forget see it, I want one... now!

Well maybe my hopes are too high, but here is what I'm hoping for.
    An air boss with Aeronaut backpack straps.

OR

A 3 compartment bag with two large compartments and a fold out checkpoint flyer style laptop case.

I'm going on a trip May 4th... currently I'm evaluating the Red Oxx SkyTrain but I'm not 100% happy with it... I'd love to be able to have a tristar as an alternative. I'm also hoping to be able to test it on my trip so I can review it on my blog Tacticalgearhead
    Last edited by hamster; 04-28-2009, 06:21 AM.

Comment

oh yeah

I can't wait to see it either!
      Laura Gayle

Cadet (black/Iberian), travel tray, cache for Mac keyboard and 13" MBP, Ego, Aeronaut (steel/solar), Tri-star (steel/solar), 2 Absolute straps, 3D clear organizer cube, Swift, Ristretto (black/olive), stuff sacks (all sizes), snake charmer, 2 Kits, various organizer pouches, clear organizer wallet, 2 large Shop Bags... and a partridge in a pear tree.

Comment

This today and the camera insert at the end of the week...it's like MacWorld Expo but for bags...it's BihnWorld!

Comment

BihnWorld Expo!! love that

Comment

Still working on it....hope to announce soon!
            Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

I think I speak for everyone.... THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING US.....
              Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar); Smart Alec (Cardinal/Steel)

Comment

yes, but isn't that part of the fun? >:-)

Originally posted by keb View Post
                I think I speak for everyone.... THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING US.....
                -m

Comment

I found the webpage.....still a work in progress.......just saw the first photo and sadly, it's a deal breaker for me...

Cord pulls instead of metal zipper pulls...I'm really depressed.

Useless if I can't put a lock on the main compartments.....

Bummed out.....
                  Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers.

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Comment

Originally posted by fbrown627 View Post
                    I found the webpage.....still a work in progress.......just saw the first photo and sadly, it's a deal breaker for me...

Bummed out.....
                    Don't worry! We can make one with metal pulls for you. We've gone back and forth on metal pulls vs. Cord Pulls. Even though all of my pictures (argh) show Cord Pulls, we may just make the bag with metal pulls and then offer a pack of Cord Zipper pulls to people who'd rather have those.

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

hi,

i know that you can replace metal pulls with cord pulls. would it be possible to replace cord pulls with metal pulls?

maybe tom could offer the bag with a choice of pulls?

edit: looks like darcy has you covered.

Originally posted by fbrown627 View Post

Bummed out.....
                      Last edited by maverick; 04-28-2009, 11:33 AM.
                      -m

Comment

maverick...

that is true... i probably don't even need one. and then the long drought until the next major intros... i take it back...

i know what will happen. i have a meeting this evening east coast time. it will be introduced when i am not able to see it until much later... that's ok. i am much more likely to be getting an aeronaut in the near future anyway...

i just don't travel for business much, hence the tristar/checkpoint flyer spectrum is not likely in my wheelhouse when I already have the EB and WF... (he says, with all feigned sincerity)

Comment

Alright - here's what we're going to do!

The Tri-Star is going to come with metal pulls, but we are going to include a package of Cord Zipper Pulls with the bag. One can keep the metal pulls, or cut them off and attach the Cord Zipper Pulls.

Comment

you guys rock!

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                            Alright - here's what we're going to do!

The Tri-Star is going to come with metal pulls, but we are going to include a package of Cord Zipper Pulls with the bag. One can keep the metal pulls, or cut them off and attach the Cord Zipper Pulls.
                            -m

Comment

Darcy--I love you again....and I like Tom, too.

And interesting new color......
                              Last edited by Frank II; 04-28-2009, 11:41 AM.
                              Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers.

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Comment

Working...
                              X