X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

size 3 monolith?

I own a Thinkpad T42 15" whose dimensions are:

13"x10.6"x1.2" or 330x270x30mm

I tend to carry my laptop inside my (cheap) backpack. I'm considering the purchase of the monolith sleeve but the size 2 version of that sleeve seems pretty big to me (size 4 is too small, being 13.7"x10"x1.25" or 348x240x32mm):

14.125"x11.5"x2.25" or 360x292x58mm (size 2)

Any chance to see a "size 3" version of the monolith in the foreseeable future?

Otherwise I could buy the size 3 brain cell (13"x10.75"x2.5" or 330x273x64mm), but I suspect the suspesion mechanism will not effectively protect my laptop when the brain cell is vertically placed inside my backpack (which defeats the whole point of buying one of your sleeves....)

Thanks in advance
    g79

We're thinking about it. I'll let you know within a few days if it's certain.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

any news, Darcy?

Comment

Yes!

We will be making both a Size 5 and Size 3 Monolith. Expect to see these within a couple months.

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Darcy, can I expect to see the size 3 version of the monolith bag available for purchase within a couple of weeks or so?

regards

Comment

Not quite yet, but very soon. The patterns are being finalized.

Comment

Ok, thanks.

So could tell me what the dimensions of the size 3 version will be?

The point is that the size 4 (which is available right now) could fit my thinkpad, though a bit too tightly. If the size 3 s going to be significantly bigger than the size 4 I think I could go for the 4 version anyway.

thanks in advance

Comment

Darcy,

how soon is "very soon"? ;-)

g79

Comment

Originally posted by g79
                  Darcy,

how soon is "very soon"? ;-)

g79
                  Two months. It seems like a long time but that's actually really good!

Comment

was a size 3 monolith ever made?

i have a laptop with dimensions 12.5 x 11 x 1 and a backpack with a width of 11.5. the size 1 is too tall for the backpack, the size 2 too wide for the backpack, and the size 4 and 5 too narrow for the laptop. hence my interest in a size 3!!

nick

Comment

Nick,

There is no Size 3 Monolith yet, but we still plan on making one. I'd keep an eye out for it early next year.

Comment

Working...
                      X