Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,772   Posts: 190,618   Members: 6,655   Active Members: 261
Welcome to our newest member, Oliver18.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Super Ego: Any news on the new messenger bag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moosecat
    replied
    anyhow as for the E/super E...i've seen it! tom is now actively working on the final tweeks.
    All I know is that we were promised Messenger Bags of Mass Storage, and now, months later, we still have seen no hard evidence of such MBMS. Oh, sure, we know that Tom Bihn has the capacity to create MBMS, and may even be engaged in active efforts to develop an MBMS Program, but where are the photographs?

Leave a comment:

• Michael F
    Guest replied
    hey there everybody. i'm michael and i'm the newest TB staffer on the block. can't tell you how good it is to be here and to be working with the rest of the bihn crew.

i've been brought in to help better coordinate inventory with production, and ultimately to eliminate (to the greatest degree possible) product backorders. i guarantee you all i'm going to be giving the position 110% so hang in there just a bit longer while i'm brought up to speed. we're gonna lick this backorder thing.

anyhow as for the E/super E...i've seen it! tom is now actively working on the final tweeks. it's amazing how much thought tom puts into his products - he's truly a fine artist (and engineer) who just happens to be working in the medium of bags. the design on this thing is absolutely beautiful! i'm positive everyone is going to be blown away and find the long wait well worth it. i can tell you all straight up that the EGO will be my first TB bag.

keep hope alive. it's coming. soon.

Leave a comment:

• Moosecat
    replied
    C'mon!

Originally posted by Tom Bihn
    ...We'll continue to tweak with the Ego/Super Ego bags and as they near completion, we'll post some snap-shots.
    We're dyin' here! My ID Bag, while my best shoulder-borne friend, needs a sibling. At least let us see a pic of the baby.

I was, unrelatedly, really bummed out to see that the Smart Alec is backordered until February 05. How am I supposed to give it to myself as a Christmas present?

Leave a comment:

• xenicon
    replied
    maybe a new label for new super ego?

So things been busy there? This thread seems very quiet!

Leave a comment:

• sp0rk0
    replied
    woot!

Originally posted by Tom Bihn
    sp0rk0,

The Ego and Super Ego will fit a Brain Cell, not a Monolith. Both would work great for a 15" Powerbook.
    That's perfect, since I've already long since purchased and fallen in love with my Brain Cell!

I guess I'll continue to hold off on purchasing a new bag for a while so I can see what you've come up with!

Leave a comment:

• aapotts
    replied
    you really know how to hurt a guy...

got any loander bags i can rent until the Super Ego is available!?

keep up the great work!

tony

Leave a comment:

• Tom Bihn
    replied
    sp0rk0,

The Ego and Super Ego will fit a Brain Cell, not a Monolith. Both would work great for a 15" Powerbook.

aapotts,

Sorry, but no chance the bag will be ready within a month. We are hoping for production to start early next year.

Thanks for your interest and continued patience.

Leave a comment:

• aapotts
    replied
    i wil buy a Super Ego site unseen

ill take a Super Ego with a size 2 brain cell, pick me some cool colors and lets go!

seriously, i need a bag within a month, what are the chances? my current bag has holes and the strap is almost broken. id hate to get something else, because everything else pales in comparison to your bags!

keep up the great work!

tony

Leave a comment:

• tektech
    replied
    I need a big Ego When can we expect it?

Leave a comment:

• sp0rk0
    replied
    Brain Cell or Monolith?

Will this new bag be designed to accomodate a Brain Cell or a Monolith?

Would it be sized appropriately for a 15" Powerbook, or will it be better suited to larger sizes?

Leave a comment:

• sp0rk0
    replied
    Ego/SuperEgo

I'm really excited to hear/see more about this.

I've just bought a 15" G4 powerbook (after having used a Fujitsu Lifebook P2110 for a few years) and will have to buy a larger bag to accomodate!

I'd like something that doesn't look like every generic briefcase/backpackesque jobbie on the market, and I've been convinced by reviews and nudges from friends that TB is the place to find what I'm looking for.

I wish you made the Buzz a little bit bigger, but I'll hold out hope that the new addition will be just the thing I'm looking for.

Leave a comment:

• xenicon
    replied
    ego/superego

Great news... that production is starting on the messenger bag. Good name, too.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Bihn
    replied
    Velcro is my enemy - in the winter I wear wool gloves, and wool and Velcro get along entirely too well. We'll continue to tweak with the Ego/Super Ego bags and as they near completion, we'll post some snap-shots.
    BTW, we are behind on this project because I've been spending all my time in the factory trying to get product out, but have faith - it will happen soon!

Leave a comment:

• xenicon
    replied
    velcro

Velcro is great but it starts to collect all kinds of threads and fibers that are extremely difficult to dislodge. This doesn't effect performance but it looks shabby like seeing tin cans on a river bank.
    Maybe a simple row of small d-clips which different sized bags with grommets can be clipped to would answer?
    Having too many possibilities for marsupial inserts might diminish the intregrity of the bag making it end up like one of those all-in-one electronic wonders where you can mend socks while watching tv.

Maybe the trick is to envision many uses and make those possible but not necessary.
    Last edited by xenicon; 06-23-2004, 11:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• notoriousp
    Guest replied
    may I ask what the status is of this bag? I want something different from the Trager you offer (metal clasps, bigger zips, longer strap, more room for 15" Dell...)

Thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X