Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,521   Posts: 187,753   Members: 6,485   Active Members: 309
Welcome to our newest member, questah043.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brain cell suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brain cell suggestion

I use the Brain Bag as my daily gear carrier but I have an Empire Builder for visiting clients. I just purchased a new 17" Macbook Pro unibody, and I need some Brain Cell advice:

Should I get the horizontal Brain Cell for the Empire Builder (since the MBP will mainly be carried there) and occasionally slip it in the Brain Bag? Would it even fit ?? I know that the suspension system will not be used if carried vertically.

Option 2 is to get a vertical Brain Cell and use it in the Empire Builder and occasionally in the Brain Bag. Again, would it fit in the Empire Builder?? A potential downside is that to get the computer out, you basically have to remove the brain cell.

Thanks for the input...

I'd go with option one - get the Horizontal Brain Cell. You seem aware that the protection isn't as great if you use the Horizontal Brain Cell vertically, but it's still more protection than a simple padded sleeve. It will be somewhat of a pain to remove the laptop from the Brain Bag with the Horizontal Brain Cell, but if it's only occasionally, that might be OK with you. I hope this helps!
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Darcy, thanks for the info. I purchased the Horizontal Brain Cell and will probably end up getting the vertical....

Comment

Working...
      X