Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,495   Posts: 187,478   Members: 6,456   Active Members: 329
Welcome to our newest member, Hungry.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoelSmith
    replied
    Cache arrived today

I'm really impressed with the Cache I purchased for my MacBookPro 13" unibody. The fit is perfect, and the attention to detail is as meticulous as all my other Tom Bihn products. The degree of padding seems to be just right. The fabric is smooth, but not slick. It feels nice. The interior fabric is soft and makes me feel comfortable sliding the computer in and out.

I'm going to be carrying the Cache in my Brainbag and found that the computer in the Cache drops into my old Brain Cell perfectly in vertical orientation. Double padding, but that's no problem. Very nice work once again from Tom Bihn and crew. Thanks!

(I can't wait to see how it works in the Synapse.)

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by SethKinast View Post
    What's the size difference between Cache-Netbook M and S? Only the M is listed right now.
    Disregard the M and S - there is (and will only be ) one Netbook size of Cache.

Leave a comment:

• SethKinast
    replied
    What's the size difference between Cache-Netbook M and S? Only the M is listed right now.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by yeti View Post
    Redesign of the Absolute Shoulder Strap? When/where was this mentioned? I'm getting the feeling that I miss a lot of the latest news for some reason -- is this all happening on Twitter these days (I don't use Twitter, but I check the blog and forums regularly)? In any case, when is this likely to debut? It's very exciting.
    We tweeted about it a couple of days ago. No time-frame or further details just yet!

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    replied
    hi darcy,

that's a good point! any other thoughts on how to have the cache be attached to one side of a bag?

thanks!

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
    Wherever the webbing loops get sewn, you'd have compressed foam - and pushing into the compressed foam would be the Annex clips. That wouldn't be a good thing for the laptop.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Wherever the webbing loops get sewn, you'd have compressed foam - and pushing into the compressed foam would be the Annex clips. That wouldn't be a good thing for the laptop.

Leave a comment:

• KarlJ
    replied
    Mav, would that not defeat the Checkpoint-Friendly aspect of The Cache? I don't have a Brain Cell/Soft Cell so I don't really know the makeup of the attaching hardware on them.

Leave a comment:

• BigMikeD.
    replied
    Originally posted by maverick View Post
    hi tom, darcy,

what do you think about including loops on the back of the cache for annex clips the way the brain cells have?

it's a nice way to keep the cache in place inside of the bags that have annex clips, and shouldn't take away from the form or function of the cache otherwise.
    I second this request. My biggest problem with the current soft cell/brain bag set up I have is that the soft cell comes half out the bag when removing my laptop.

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    replied
    hi tom, darcy,

what do you think about including loops on the back of the cache for annex clips the way the brain cells have?

it's a nice way to keep the cache in place inside of the bags that have annex clips, and shouldn't take away from the form or function of the cache otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• yeti
    replied
    Redesign of the Absolute Shoulder Strap? When/where was this mentioned? I'm getting the feeling that I miss a lot of the latest news for some reason -- is this all happening on Twitter these days (I don't use Twitter, but I check the blog and forums regularly)? In any case, when is this likely to debut? It's very exciting.

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    With such a cute little number, I need to get one, a netbook and a Cache.

Perfect match for the Synapse.

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Originally posted by Tzporah View Post
    ARGH... I just got my soft cell. A case without velcro would work so much better in my Swift.
    The Soft Cell is now a collector item since it is not made anymore.

When the Cache in the size you need is produced, you could sell your Soft Cell via Craiglist or such then get the Cache.

Leave a comment:

• Tzporah
    replied
    ARGH... I just got my soft cell. A case without velcro would work so much better in my Swift.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by phobia View Post
    Any chance a vertical Cache will attach to the Synapse interior to simplify pulling out the laptop?
    No - it won't attach. However, smaller sizes of Cache - such as the Netbook, AIR, or EEE size - will be able to slip into an open-top pocket within the main compartment of the Synapse.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy
    replied
    Originally posted by lpotr4 View Post
    I love my Brain Cell and Soft Cell and use it alternately depending on needs (travels warrants the extra protection of the Brain Cell). The Cache's velcro-less and zipper-less feature is what attracts me the most, my question is how is the girth? Is it bulkier than the Soft Cell or just about the same? Will it fit or what's the size for the MacBook Pro 17 (2.6GHz 2008 model)?
    It's not bulkier than the Soft Cell. The Size 1 Cache is designed around the very latest model of 17" MBP.

As for the Absolute Shoulder Straps - I can't reveal what those changes will be until we debut them. They do make the Absolute Shoulder Strap even more comfortable than before.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X