Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,495   Posts: 187,480   Members: 6,456   Active Members: 329
Welcome to our newest member, Hungry.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cache

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #2
    Sadly, not yet available in a 2XXLT
    I've got a 2XXLT H. Brain Cell (fits my H-P HDX18t like a glove), a Sapphire/Black Brain Bag with a matching Snake Charmer, a 2XL Vertical Soft Cell, a Sapphire wallet, a Size 4 H. Brain Cell for my wife's laptop and... a school boy's crush on Darcy

    Comment


      #3
      very nice!

      can't wait to see it!
      -m

      Comment


        #4
        it really is a great step forward for this product idea.
        tom really has done a good job on it !

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by BigMikeD. View Post
          Sadly, not yet available in a 2XXLT
          More sizes will be added later today, including the 2XXLT and a size for Netbooks.
          Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

          Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Darcy View Post
            More sizes will be added later today, including the 2XXLT and a size for Netbooks.
            hi darcy,

            do you think you'll build one of these for the amazon kindle? or would the cache be an unnecessarily thick solution for the kindle?
            -m

            Comment


              #7
              Yay! This is great! I love the custom fitted netbook sleeve I used for my Mini 9, but it's got to have the noisiest Velcro closure ever.
              Karl

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by maverick View Post
                hi darcy,

                do you think you'll build one of these for the amazon kindle? or would the cache be an unnecessarily thick solution for the kindle?
                I don't think we'll be making a Cache for the Kindle 2, but the Kindle DX will fit nicely inside of the Cache for Netbooks.
                Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

                Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

                Comment


                  #9
                  The Cache

                  I love my Brain Cell and Soft Cell and use it alternately depending on needs (travels warrants the extra protection of the Brain Cell). The Cache's velcro-less and zipper-less feature is what attracts me the most, my question is how is the girth? Is it bulkier than the Soft Cell or just about the same? Will it fit or what's the size for the MacBook Pro 17 (2.6GHz 2008 model)?

                  Any additional info is appreciated.

                  PS. Hi Darcy, can you please give me more info regarding the upcoming Absolute Shoulder Strap redesigns? Thanks!
                  Luis P.
                  If it doesn't fit in your Tom Bihn bag, leave it behind

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Any chance a vertical Cache will attach to the Synapse interior to simplify pulling out the laptop?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by lpotr4 View Post
                      I love my Brain Cell and Soft Cell and use it alternately depending on needs (travels warrants the extra protection of the Brain Cell). The Cache's velcro-less and zipper-less feature is what attracts me the most, my question is how is the girth? Is it bulkier than the Soft Cell or just about the same? Will it fit or what's the size for the MacBook Pro 17 (2.6GHz 2008 model)?
                      It's not bulkier than the Soft Cell. The Size 1 Cache is designed around the very latest model of 17" MBP.

                      As for the Absolute Shoulder Straps - I can't reveal what those changes will be until we debut them. They do make the Absolute Shoulder Strap even more comfortable than before.
                      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

                      Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by phobia View Post
                        Any chance a vertical Cache will attach to the Synapse interior to simplify pulling out the laptop?
                        No - it won't attach. However, smaller sizes of Cache - such as the Netbook, AIR, or EEE size - will be able to slip into an open-top pocket within the main compartment of the Synapse.
                        Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

                        Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          ARGH... I just got my soft cell. A case without velcro would work so much better in my Swift.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Tzporah View Post
                            ARGH... I just got my soft cell. A case without velcro would work so much better in my Swift.
                            The Soft Cell is now a collector item since it is not made anymore.

                            When the Cache in the size you need is produced, you could sell your Soft Cell via Craiglist or such then get the Cache.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              With such a cute little number, I need to get one, a netbook and a Cache.

                              Perfect match for the Synapse.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X